How concerned are you about Trump running in 2024?

• Not concerned. He will be dead of health problems or in jail by then.

Votes: 343 26.8%
  • Not concerned. Even if he survives and doesn't go to jail, the GOP hates losers.

Votes: 356 27.8%
  • A litte concerned. It's far away from now, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Votes: 350 27.3%
  • Legit concerned. Even if the chances of it happening are low, 4 more years of Trump is terrifying.

Votes: 189 14.8%
  • Undecided at this point.

Votes: 42 3.3%

• Total voters

Gray Fox

Jul 6, 2018
He's going to announce his 2024 run at an event during Biden's inauguration. Whether Diaper Donnie makes it in 4 years is anyone's guess. It also depends on how the GOP handles the situation, will they cut Lil' Donnie loose, or will they still be terrified of his voting base?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Trump has a lot to worry about before running for re-election in 2024.

1.) He has payments on loans that he's made from other countries that are coming due in the next couple of years from now (approximately $421 million in total),

2.) He has mountains of lawsuits before & during his presidency (& cities/states will most likely file lawsuits against him because they want to get their money back from him from all of those rallies he's held from 2015 to now, as he refused to pay them for),

3.) He has to deal with the possible divorce from Melania which is most likely going to cost him in alimony & in child support for Barron,

4.) He has state charges from New York against him like tax evasion, etc., & Letitia James is eying on him once he's a private citizen again (She's the Attorney General of New York from Brooklyn), &

5.) He's just as old as his base is, & may not even make it to 2024 due to his age (he'll be 78 by that year) & bad health with no exercise, plus carrying a lot of stress from being president.

Chances are, he'll be very busy for the rest of his life.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping that he gets locked up by NY but really even if they do get him on anything it'll probably be some slap on the wrist shit. I don't see him dying either since evil rich people have the power to stay alive forever, like that Rockefeller (I think) who had like five different hearts by the time he kicked the bucket
Besides that they've positioned themselves to be a political dynasty so I would be entirely unsurprised at an Ivanka or Don Jr campaign. Best outcome is that his supporters all get distracted by shiny rocks or jangly keys over the next four years and the family loses its political steam.

That said I'll worry about all that in earnest when it's time to cross that bridge.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's no way he'll be fit enough to run. He's going to be fighting non-stop court battles for the next four years, and that stress is going to take its toll on him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Google 'Dick Cheney Halliburton'

No president in US history has ever served jail time and many have done far far worse than Trump could ever dream of.

I assumed they were thinking of war crimes when bringing up Bush and Cheney, but good point. And of course Nixon was an easy conviction, but got a pardon. On the other hand, New York state has Trump's tax records and it seems like they aren't fucking around.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Back in 2011 when Obama roasted Trump forums were full of people saying "LOL he's gonna be dead soon".
Almost 10 years later he's still here. Spite and the world's best paid healthcare can keep you going.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people assuming Trump is going to die soon.

When you're evil and rich, you tend to live a long life.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Id be ecstatic. The GOP won't back him again, he would run as third party and that would actually let the Dems win big for once.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I cant even imagine he would want to be president, he already shown he hates criticism and responsibility. Why would he want more of it, when he can just go back to being a celeb and be surrounded by yes men.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think he'll be alive in 2024 and not in jail.
He can run again, so it's good to keep a guard out for him.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm side eying it. election has been stressful enough i don't want to give myself a brain tumor and dwell on the possibility

i'm more worried about right wing media/industry/GOP coming together Voltron style under in the essence of Trumpism regardless of whether the man is dead or golfing or campaigning or whatever

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
voted 1 but a combination of 1 and 2 with an added helping of his influence and following diminishing over time and the GOP changing some nomination rules to make it more difficult for someone like him to hijack the party(some sort of superdelegate thing or similar)

OP
OP

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Back in 2011 when Obama roasted Trump forums were full of people saying "LOL he's gonna be dead soon".
Almost 10 years later he's still here. Spite and the world's best paid healthcare can keep you going.

Wow, I didn't realize Obama roasting him was way back in 2011. I thought it was around 2014 or 2015. I watched the video again, you can see how pissed Trump looks. That's probably the moment he decided to run for President. But he knew he would lose to Obama so he waited until 2016 to run.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ask me again in 4 years.

Let me enjoy 4 years without me having to given him a second thought.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Not concerned. Biden would just beat him again.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I don't believe he's ever going to jail. He's got tremendous support from his cult members who will follow him wherever he goes. As long as he keeps himself in the spotlight, which he will, I don't see why he doesn't have a decent shot at winning in 2024. I highly doubt Biden will run then, and we would essentially need to galvanize voters yet again in order to win. Only this time, we'd need a new candidate who might be less favorable than Joe is. You can't predict death for this guy as he still could have plenty of time left. These people will follow him to hell and back.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he'll be dead, but I'd bet he's noticeably older and won't have the same energy or appeal by then. So not all that worried. I think it's more likely Ivanka or JR tries to run with the old man backing them up.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trumpers gave Dems their best shot and lost. Republicans will win future elections but its not going to be with him ever again.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Not concerned. Biden would just beat him again.
Biden would be 82.

If Biden is not in great shape and it falls to Kamala, I have no faith in this electorate to overcome its racism and sexism, resulting in another term of Trump. It sucks, but it does legitimate worry me. Compound that with 4 years of obstruction by a split government resulting in the Biden/Harris administration being unable to actually pass much needed legislation and dampening Democratic enthusiasm.

The dream of Trump facing jail time is just that, a dream. Happy if it happens, but we're not that lucky.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
He's absolutely going to run in 2024. He'll still have a massive influence over the republican party even if he's not president.

Trump loves doing rallies to packed crowds cheering him on (who wouldn't?). He loves that Republicans kiss his ass to get his endorsement. Remaining in the spotlight opens the doors for book deals, merchandise sales, TV network deals (I wouldn't be surprised if OANN rebrands into "Trump TV" or whatever). Running again also gives him a BS excuse that any investigations into him are "politically motivated."

This idea that Trump is gonna live a quiet life until he dies feels like wishful thinking to me. He's a narcissist that loves being the center of attention.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
Do you work for the media OP? Because they're working overtime trying to boost Trump's hypothetical 2024 run before he's even announced it.

Give us a break already!

Deleted member 11173

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think he can fund a 2024 campaign, but he will be in our political sphere with "Trump TV" or have regular appearances dumb news channels.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
None. Hes probably going to be dead by then anyways and if he does run i hope he runs independent just so that he will eat the GOP vote.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
He'll be 80 or even dead by then. It would be a total joke for the GOP to get behind a man who is a living corpse. I would hope the left is already behind a person that's much younger by then.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He won't make it out of the GoP primaries.

BIden won a TON of Republican votes this year - they won't let Trump make it out of the caucuses.

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the media to ignore his ass for the next 4 years unless it's about criminal prosecution. I'm so tired of seeing his ugly ass face and those of his family as well.

Mar 10, 2018
People thinking Trump will die... why? Biden shows more signs of dying within the next four years than Trump. Unless he suddenly rapidly declines in health, that seems unlikely.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
His niece mention how trump can't handle the idea of losing again. So she thinks he won't run in 2024.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit worried even with everyone casting doubts. The chance of it happening is scary as fuck, especially with how many people were still willing to vote for him in the general election. That doesn't just go away when his followers thought he was robbed.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Biden would be 82.

If Biden is not in great shape and it falls to Kamala, I have no faith in this electorate to overcome its racism and sexism, resulting in another term of Trump. It sucks, but it does legitimate worry me. Compound that with 4 years of obstruction by a split government resulting in the Biden/Harris administration being unable to actually pass much needed legislation and dampening Democratic enthusiasm.

The dream of Trump facing jail time is just that, a dream. Happy if it happens, but we're not that lucky.
I mean, the conspiracy that Joe Biden is just there for Kamala to really run the country next year can happen next election for all I care.

I don't see the Rust Belt going back to Trump after a Joe Biden term. Arizona and Georgia are probably slightly more blue in 2024 as well.

Joe wins reelection and then resigns due to health concerns within 6 months and Kamala is president for 3 1/2 years. I think the real problem is 2028 at that point

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not concerned even a little bit. He might run, but if he does, he will get crushed.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
He never wanted the job in the first place and it was mentioned how much he hated being potus. He'll be too old, too bloated and too settled into whatever insipid tv deal he has going on, if he hasn't taken the big one on the toliet yet, to muster up the strength for all that again. His children, all devoid of even the charisma that won over the hog beasts that voted for him, don't have a chance in hell at election, especially since they'll try to skip right to running for president.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ask me after 2022. If the democrats have a nothingburger of a presidency, then yeah it might be a problem. Turnout will evaporate while Trump can still rally people.

But if they don't go for a "let's all just try and be friends" and actually do something, I wouldn't worry too much.

tl;dr - too soon to tell, need to see how Biden and democrats do before guessing.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Him himself kinda concerned but eh

Whoever he ended up being the proto fascist for 100%

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
The thought of continuing to see daily Trump news and "Trump said thing" threads for the next 4 years is disheartening, to say the least. I want to forget he exists.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Unconcerned. He'll announce early so he can do rallies and solicitate "donations" (that is, steal from people), but between the lawsuits and the investigations aimed at him I doubt he makes it to a primary. Not that he'll be in jail, just swamped under in legal trouble. It's going to kill his brand being a loser. He's also going to be four years older and he's already in terrible shape.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope he runs again, would love to see him lose to Biden again.
Not concerned even a little bit. He might run, but if he does, he will get crushed.
He won't make it out of the GoP primaries.

BIden won a TON of Republican votes this year - they won't let Trump make it out of the caucuses.
He had a higher percentage of republican votes in 2020 than he did in 2016 along with significantly more votes in general. He got the second highest amount of votes of any candidate in history only behind Joe Biden.

Not trying to doom post or say we should all be panicking, but this immense confidence seems at least a little misplaced.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Time won't be kind to his presidency, we've already gotten a steady stream of damning tell-alls and interviews about what a bunch of incompetent ratfuckers him and his admin have been, and that's only going to pick up steam now that he's out and the base isn't gonna be as enthused to circle the wagons around a one-term loser as they were a sitting president. Plus all the lawsuits pending against him might not put him away, but they're probably not gonna make him look good.

By 2024, expect a wholesale embrace of revisionist history by Republicans and former cult members saying they never *really* supported him. Hopefully Dems won't be terrible at nailing their asses to the wall about it, but I'm not counting on it.