Votes: 232 71.2%
  • I'd rather not.

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Please get me away from here!

Votes: 41 12.6%

• Total voters

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
used to do my dialysis treatment through fistula, which required huge needles.

shot needles or blood test ones are for wussies now to me

no offense :)

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I used to be really squeamish about it. Then I spent a week in the hospital with a gall bladder infection. Hospitals cure a fear of needles really well because there's just so many of them.

Now I don't really care. Want to draw blood? Eh, I'll just look away and they can poke all they want to. It barely hurts if done right anyway. Why make it harder for them?

Oct 25, 2017
I had chemotherapy.

Very very very okay with needles.

You haven't lived until you've had at least 4 vein misses in a row.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Long time ago I used to be sketchy when it comes to being poked, but after years of surgeries, being in and out of hospitals for weeks at a time, it's basically nothing to me now.

Doctors always tell me to look away or cough, but I just tell them to stick it in, it's fine.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
puncture me

i used to make a point of watching them but then i started thinking/hearing that they dont want to be watched while they work which i appreciate i suppose, even though it's MY goddamn arm

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
My hand always goes numb and I get tingling and shocks all up my arm up to my brain, almost like I can feel the IV fluid going into my veins and throughout my body. I think it's just nerves. But I despise needles and drips. Getting blood drawn is fainting material. I avoid doctors at all costs for this reason. Oh and blood pressure is worse than either of them- the throbbing feeling of your whole arm always makes me weak.

Deleted member 58961

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Long time ago I used to be sketchy when it comes to being poked, but after years of surgeries, being in and out of hospitals for weeks at a time, it's basically nothing to me now.

Doctors always tell me to look away or cough, but I just tell them to stick it in, it's fine.
I always find it weird, I get nurses who don't seem to believe me that it's nbd.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I just look the other way and I'm fine.

Its when its in there for a long time and they keep draining the blood is when my skin starts to crawl abit. Starts to feel weird when you think about big vials of blood getting suck out of you.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine. I had to for years as a kid get allergy shots. So needles being poked into my arm don't really bother me much.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I used to be scared to death of needles, but then two years ago I had to have open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve and it was like switch flipping. I just didn't care any more. Need to give me an IV? Need to put a monitor line in my arm? I need a shot? Need to take my blood again? Sure, go ahead, no big deal. For a couple months following my surgery I had to be on blood thinners which meant I was getting blood draws weekly. All of that forced me to confront my fears and get over it immediately.

Deleted member 58961

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Blood work every 28 days here.
It does suck when they can't thread the vein and go fishing.

My veins are fairly damaged, and that's taught me that some nurses don't realise that a needle blunts significantly after the first insertion... it gets bad quick. :(((

Rh7RY.jpg

Honestly I wish they'd let me DIY that destroying my arm like that.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
i lived in the hospital for 2 months and they took my blood and injected me with all kinds of stuff. so after that it's as simple as not directly looking at the needle entering my skin and it's all good.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No problem whatsoever. I Inject myself intramuscularly with a 1.5 inch needle 2x a week. Was nervous the first couple times but then you realize it's no big deal.....except when you hit a nerve.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a port installed, and lots of bloodwork and shots. The only thing I don't like is going through the hand, otherwise I'm not bothered by it.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
No issues with them at all. People are so dramatic about them.

I always w as a sick kid though, so I am used to getting poked and prodded.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I get allergy shots every 10-14 days (one in each arm) & this has done wonders to desensitize me to needles. Before this treatment I would tend to get woozy just thinking about shots. Now IVs are another beast altogether.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
No Biggie.
I'm also rather good at using syringes on other people I've been told.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
I hate needles and if I look I feel like I will pass out. Even seeing a needle, not necessarily going in, gives me the heebie jeebies.

If I do not look, though, in fine. It's just a pinch, no biggie. I donate blood as often as I can, despite my hatred of needles.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Hate anything going in a vein. Don't mind a Jan in to muscle.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
No biggie, with blood or whatever. Finally got my ears pierced this weekend, and had no trouble there either.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I had to get four shots a year for like two years, then two a week for a while after that, so shots are chill af to me. Every time I get one and the nurse starts in with telling me to relax my arm or whatever, I'm just like "it's all good, just jam that sucker in there."

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
I inject insulin multiple times a day so I'm fine with that.

I'm terrified of having blood drawn or having IVs. I have a fear of punctured veins.

Mar 30, 2019
I'm ok with it. Just got a shot for the season. They tell me it is an anti-freezing peptide so I don't turn into a popsicle out there during winter.

It was an unusual situation too. First, all my weapons are taken away and then I'm stripped searched by the doctor here. Imagine yourself put in that position.