• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I platinum'd the game and enjoyed my time with it, graphics were amazing on my Pro + 4K HDR TV. That said I thought the world, factions and NPCs were all lifeless. Like a backdrop instead of an immersive environment.

What's the consensus on the DLC, worth it?

yeah its worth it. A lot of fun and plenty to do.

The review scores are coming in 80+ so you know its good.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Just booted up my game. I had a savegame right before the last quest so that's neat. New area is open in the top right corner of the map - can't wait to go in tomorrow! But wow, I have completely forgotten how to do shit in this game, I probably need an hour to get into the combat controls before heading in to the Frozen Wilds.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
UPxCzr0.gif

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first 75 minutes and so far so good. Seems like an interesting story and I'm glad it slots into the main game with characters where you can ask about Sylens. Seems like a great addition and looking forward to playing more. The facial animations when talking to NPC's seems awesome too from what I've seen.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User was banned (24hr) - 1. Read the OP first. 2. Don't drive by post / provoke people on purpose.
Right now i have to many games on queue, but wanted to support Guerrilla so bought it anyway, ready for midnight.

I will never understand this mindset.

Anyway, what's new in this DLC again? Completed the game last week but the story and characters were absolute shit.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, hell. I just recently moved to South Korea and it didn't even occur to me that I would still need the discs to access the games on my hard drive that I bought physically. I wasn't even thinking about that when I brought my PS4 with me. Shit, I probably won't get to play this for awhile then

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Question re: NG+.

Is it more difficult by default, like Dark Souls for example (more enemy HP/AR, etc.)? Or is it merely a carry-over/reset of everything and the difficulty is fully governed by what you select? In other words, is Ultra Hard on NG the same as Ultra Hard on NG+?

Cheers, guys.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I was going to play this and then realised I lent the original game to my brother in law. Doh!

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I had a lot of updating to do. I need to show my PS4 some more love ... seriously. I'm glad I did this tonight rather than right before I play The Frozen Wild.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Been hunting most of the day to save up enough to get the adept Banuk Ice Hunter outfit. I'll be going into the Frozen Wilds practically broke but appropriately attired.

Oct 25, 2017
I booted up the base game again to get a feel of it before the DLC launches and my first instinct was to go fight a Thunderjaw.

Worked out better than expected but still rusty. Looking forward to this DLC.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I don't remember it being so dark at night. I did the Tall Neck Quest and it rolled into night and it was brutal. Could not see shit lol Also the time between me completing Horizon and this - my aim is off and I forget what strats I had for each machine. Wasting arrows left and right!

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much of a resource sink is the DLC on Ultra Hard? I'm debating whether to play on my Ultra Hard save, which I haven't done all of the Cauldrons or sidequests in but finished the story, or my standard Hard save which I 100%ed. The most annoying thing about Ultra Hard is that its so hard on your crafting resources and there is no enemy healthbar.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This sure is Horizon alright. The biggest difference I've seen in the first hour is that they added bright, almost neon like colours to the palette which surprisingly suit the aesthetic quite well. The game is still drop dead gorgeous, and the new snow tech is lovely.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much of a resource sink is the DLC on Ultra Hard? I'm debating whether to play on my Ultra Hard save, which I haven't done all of the Cauldrons or sidequests in but finished the story, or my standard Hard save which I 100%ed. The most annoying thing about Ultra Hard is that its so hard on your crafting resources and there is no enemy healthbar.

It's quite tough. I had to go find a merchant after most large scale fights at the end to top up my resources. You go through heaps of arrows, bullets ropecasters etc

Hmmm can't see animated gifs on mobile

UMadCuzUBad

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone gimme a comparison game to this one please? I literally know nothing at all about it but I always hear good things and am told I should check it out.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to get to the DLC. Maybe I'm too early, I'm on my way to Meridian.