Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is defeat 5 fireclaw the last thing to do in the main dlc storyline or is there more"

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not sure how people are saying that the Frostclaw is a gorilla. It's obviously a bear.

Also, I purchased the Banuk Striker Bow first chance I got and loaded it with +Damage mods. It's so damn good.

Wait what?! Who's saying its a gorilla? I thought it was quite obviously a bear, it even gives a "bear hug" if you let it get too close.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
What's a good tactic for Frostclaws? That's twice I've dealt with them (in a group of 2-3) and they take a long while to take down.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
What's a good tactic for Frostclaws? That's twice I've dealt with them (in a group of 2-3) and they take a long while to take down.
Destroy a frost sac, hammer them with high damage arrows while they're debuffed, and stay on the move.

Granted this was on Hard during the story mission where I had an AI ally there to draw attention. Lone Frostclaws are pretty easy to deal with (on Hard), but I wouldn't want to face down 3 on my own.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
kS6E1sq.gif

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, somehow I missed this detail but is The Cut = Ban-Ur? Or are they separate regions?

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man fighting 3 Frostclaws on Ultra hard are a pain, especially since I'm low on resources.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damage scaling is super weird. I finished all the dlc missions at level 60 and went back to finish the main story which I had left off at a level 20 quest and I wasn't that much more powerful. I've got the most powerful weapons and everything.

I'm playing on hard btw

Last edited:

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Tearblast arrows as openers. Aim for the chest/belly until you see the armor plating drop, and aim for the shoulders until their armor drop too. Once that is done focus on hitting the belly until it pops and freezes them. Personally, this is where I switch to a fully modded rattler, which is a beast on frozen enemies. Or, you can pop the shoulders (should pop much faster than the chest/belly) instead. Once that is done, there should be very little left of them, switch to your favorite fire weapon and hit them until they drop.

That is what I did to drop the last 3 frostclaws for the trophy. They were gathered in an open area (couldn't fight them one on one though). Sniped their armor, popped their frost sacks, and what was left over was mostly dead.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad now.

I just finished the whole DLC and got all the trophies and now I want more. :(

That's TWICE this game has left me wanting more and I know that's it for DLC. :(

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
With all the Battlefront 2 nonsense going on right now, I'm glad Horizon exists as a testament to a complete experience for a single purchase price.

No pay-to-win microtransaction bullshit, no parts removed from the main game and resold as DLC, and preorder bonuses that don't break the game. The DLC is great from the few hours I've put into it so far and is a true extension of the base game at the same or higher level of quality.

Bravo, Guerrilla.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I had completely forgotten how addictive Horizon's gameplay and exploration loop was. I had Platinumed the base game, but when I saw the new giant unexplored map for the DLC, I went, urggh, I don't wanna, and I don't want to deal with sidequests. I thought, well, maybe I'll go check out the Tallneck quest at least, and then I'll play something else.

...nearly three hours later...

I think it's the combination of sharp, responsive gameplay and interesting combat situations that keeps Horizon refreshing where other open world games frequently fail for me. The DLC is also harder than the base game, so it's great to have that genuine fear return whilst exploring an open world. Even just following interesting architecture, I was led to a spot with a sidequest I'd picked up but thought I wouldn't bother with - Waterlogged. Because I was in the area, I ended up checking the sidequest out, and was really surprised at the variety the quest entailed, and played it through until the end. Surprisingly memorable. I don't know what the rest of the sidequests will be like, but GG really stepped in up with variety and character animation. I'd forgotten how much I'd loved the voice messages and data logs, too, a little human snippet of a world long gone.

Kudos to GG for taking a great product and polishing it that much further, I'm once again hooked.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Is there really only one scorcher site in this? Grr. Was hoping to get a scorcher heart before the final mission

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I wished the expansion had more machines in it.While the new ones are really cool,practically there are only 2 new machines.

And I wish there were more sidequests in this new area or it that it was in the base game from start and we had some main quests going on there.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, somehow I missed this detail but is The Cut = Ban-Ur? Or are they separate regions?
I believe it's pretty much just their meat shield of sorts from the Carja, due to the war. So just the edge of their main territory, like what the Nora have (can't remember what they call theirs at the moment)

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the DLC and it says I now have the ability to override the new enemies, but I don't see any option to when I sneak up on
Fireclaws.
Haven't tried with any of the other new enemies yet.

Edit: Looks like they're impossible to override before knocking off certain armor pieces. I overrode a bunch of other enemies and had them fight and after he defeated all of them it let me override him.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, they actually replied to my DM on Twitter, saying they're investigating, and asked for my PSN ID. :O

Yeah they are always on the case with regard to glitches and bugs. I recall when one of my sidequests was bugged, one member from the dev team PM'ed me himself to get more info and gave me an ETA on the patch.

They did this with Killzone games as well, including a lot of free updates, patches, maps etc...

Is this really 15 hours long? Or just the expected, "There's 15 hours of content" but it can be completed in less?

Easy 15 for most if you do all the side stuff. If you want to rush you can probably do it in 10-12, but where's the fun in that? I spent a good 20+ hours just on the DLC and it was worth every minute.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So just a quick question for folks that have played this. And apologies if this question has been answered before. I'm in the middle of another game and really don't want anything spoiled on the dlc.

That said, is there a general consensus as to where this best slots in story wise? I'm going to be going through ng+ since the dlc makes for a good excuse to replay the whole thing. I'm not super worried about difficulty, more just how about where it feels most natural to journey to this new area.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the DLC and it says I now have the ability to override the new enemies, but I don't see any option to when I sneak up on
Fireclaws.
Haven't tried with any of the other new enemies yet.

Edit: Looks like they're impossible to override before knocking off certain armor pieces. I overrode a bunch of other enemies and had them fight and after he defeated all of them it let me override him.

Almost all of them are daemonic and you can't override, I only had like 1 or 2 times I was able to over ride a new machine and I think it was side areas that were one time fights. Seems like an oversight, or I'm missing something, not sure why they wouldn't have a few scattered around to override.

Dabi3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So just a quick question for folks that have played this. And apologies if this question has been answered before. I'm in the middle of another game and really don't want anything spoiled on the dlc.

That said, is there a general consensus as to where this best slots in story wise? I'm going to be going through ng+ since the dlc makes for a good excuse to replay the whole thing. I'm not super worried about difficulty, more just how about where it feels most natural to journey to this new area.

It happens concurrently with the main story. Hard to pinpoint exactly when but I want to say
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Difficulty wise probably best left for late game. Storywise probably any point after you meet
Sylens, as there seems to be some back story for him here
should be fine. I haven't finished it yet though, so probably someone can give you a more detailed response.

Oct 25, 2017
You can't override daemonic versions, just like you couldn't override the corrupted ones.

There is a non-daemonic Fireclaw on the east side of The Cut.

I did override him though. There was no option to, so I overrode all of the Tramplers near him and they fought. I hid until the fight was over and then it let me override him. This was one of the quest mark ones. I didn't think to check if he was demonic or not.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I played through the game once when it first released and I just downloaded the DLC. I am thinking about doing an NG+ but don't want to wait 10 or more hours to touch the DLC portion. Should I just play the new stuff first, then play the full game later or can they be combined?

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished all the quests and I'm pretty sure I got all the Bluegleam available, but I'm 6 short of being able to buy the last 2 treasure boxes. Nothing exciting in those boxes I bet, but I'm surprised there wasn't enough.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that you can't change difficulty is really bugging me. I appreciate a challenge, but I am unable to beat the last section on Ultra Hard. I have disabled all his long range attacks and inevitably I will dodge out of his body slam and right into one of my party members which is an instant kill. No matter what armor, melee modifications, or anything I have on. And it takes me around 15 mins to get to that point every time. It's extremely frustrating.

I also had something weird happen to me. Ourea was electrocuting him so I decided to join in. When I used the storm slinger and got him all the way electrocuted, I died instantly. There was no feedback as to why. I assume that's some sort of counterattack that's built into the Fireclaw?

Anyway I feel like I'm gonna give up on this DLC, the last time just killed me. I had just killed the second tower and I rolled directly into either a dead watcher or one of my party members and he killed me. So disheartening.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla are masters of lore. I want to know more! I want more datapoints! More logs! I'm thirsty for knowledge. Thirstier than goddamn Sylens!

Oct 25, 2017
I also had something weird happen to me. Ourea was electrocuting him so I decided to join in. When I used the storm slinger and got him all the way electrocuted, I died instantly. There was no feedback as to why. I assume that's some sort of counterattack that's built into the Fireclaw?

The upgraded Stormslinger? If you keep firing after reaching full charge it hurts you. You'll take pretty heavy damage while also dealing massive damage.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait until the weekend to play through this, after playing a few minutes just now. I must get sleep this week.

Also I can't stress how beautiful this game is.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This has been so great. horizon was already my GOTY So it's great to have more. The quests are so damn good, the new enemies so much fun to fight. I love that they put enemies that can't be cheesed with corruption or overrides.

I never did a new game + so I am able to change from very hard to ultra hard on the fly which I do when buying stuff. Ultra hard is a true challenge, you have to use everything.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
img_1859upqqv.jpg

I don't know if unlocking face paints is worth beating the game twice, but this one is pretty cool.
It also unlocks a focus effect variant, but I didn't see anything different.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Finally wrapped up the Frozen Wilds this weekend, and I could hardly bear to finish it. Only after exhausting all of the side quests and taking care of the majority of collectibles did I head into the final stretch. Another amazing experience, easily good enough to make my top ten games of the year alongside the main game. Another batch of memorable characters, some jaw-dropping scenery and large-scale conflict, all wrapped up with a compelling and complementary story. Brilliantly done.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy won't shut up about spending Bluegleam but I can't buy anythimg I want because I can't get a damn heart from the new machines! Still, Frozen Wilds is sooo good. The Cut is full of wonderful details and personality. Opili at the bandit camp is my new favorite character.

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooo. Stuck at 99.27% because of the Insulated Weave bug. The chest just isn't there. Oh well. GG said they're looking into it so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. A ton of people seem to be running into this.

Found another 2 Bluegleam in a chest in the bandit camp. Just need 4 more to buy that last treasure chest. No idea where they could be though.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Aloy won't shut up about spending Bluegleam but I can't buy anythimg I want because I can't get a damn heart from the new machines! Still, Frozen Wilds is sooo good. The Cut is full of wonderful details and personality. Opili at the bandit camp is my new favorite character.

What do you need hearts for? I could have sworn all the new items only cost bluegleam unless you are re-buying something that you lost somehow?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was really meaty, high quality DLC. It's really Shadow Broker tier.