Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Horizon goty is costs around 12€ here on PS4 but years later they sell it for 50€ on pc ? How is this acceptable? I was lucky to get a key from a recent promotion so I'm good but that launch price is absurd.
Death Stranding does the same and I personally would just purchase it a year or so later when it's decently on sale.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad I only played the first 5-10 hours of the game when it first came out on PS4. I am really looking forward to playing this at native 4K / 60fps. I hope it sells well and Sony decides to push more of their first party games to PC. I am fine with a delay (although I hope 3 years is not the standard), and I am fine with the price. You get the full game, all the DLC, plus PC specific features; that works for me.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Ultrawide support? Looks like I'm double dipping. Wonder if it has HDR support and a save transfer tool.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Horizon goty is costs around 12€ here on PS4 but years later they sell it for 50€ on pc ? How is this acceptable? I was lucky to get a key from a recent promotion so I'm good but that launch price is absurd.
Death Stranding does the same and I personally would just purchase it a year or so later when it's decently on sale.
you should be happy getting a 3 year old game from prestige sony studios for that price , it makes your pc more prestige by having a 3 year old console exclusive

Jun 1, 2018
Well it has more and better features

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait to play this at 144 hz and withy steam controller. It's gonna be so great.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
To the people with a higher regional price.. I'm sure you can find a way to buy it from another region or find a way to get a cheaper price.

The game is 50 only in a few regions and it really cheap pretty much everywhere.

For me it's only $23 on Steam and the Epic Store.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Hahahahahahaha

The EGS store increases the price at checkout to £39.99 (from £32.99) oh and that £10 voucher you were saving? it isn't eligible

They've actually increased the price now. I know a while back they were having one price on the store page, but an increased price on the checkout due to card charges or something. Not sure if they now just mask it in the price. Maybe Sony are adjusting pricing and the same will happen on Steam. Will wait and see.

I would have thought £24.99 would be decent a price, but as this is a bit of a first, I am fine with £32.99 and bought.
£34.99 used to be the old days new PC game price, so that is still generally the max I am willing to spend. Would not be buying the game if it was £39.99. Would rather wait and get other games - so I'm glad I got the better price. Still sucks for people making the same decision to wait if the price isn't reasonable for them

score01

Oct 27, 2017
To our pc bros and sis' - you're all in for a treat. Game still looks gorgeous. Hopefully these improvements make it over to us for the PS5.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
GTX 770 and an old AMD FX CPU for 30fps at ps 4 settings.

GTX 1060, rx 480, 1500x for 60 fps
Minimum spec is for 1080p30 on Original settings

Recommended is 1080p60 on Original settings

Huh. I got Red Dead Redemption 2 running at 1080p 30fps and the minimum spec looks to be the same, so that's probably workable.

I've heard there's a detailed FAQ for the PC version floating around, anyone got a link to that?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Switch Pro Controller + Steam Input for aiming the bow with gyro.

a7031e8ce4a66c2aaafd87aca298290a.gif

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
7R will be 1 year old when it will come to pc, this is 3 years old
FF7R will still be 20€ in 2021 on PS4.
Xenoblade Chronicles is a remaster of a 10 years old game selling for 60€.
I mean, I am totally against these prices. I think they nailed it with remasters last gen where you could get 2-3 remasters for like 30-40€ on one disk.
It shifted to one remaster for 60€ this gen.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
My head says to wait until PS5 because hopefully it'll be patched. But native 4K/60 is very tempting...

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Switch Pro Controller + Steam Input for aiming the bow with gyro.

a7031e8ce4a66c2aaafd87aca298290a.gif

Yep. After my last experience with the game, and yearning for velocity based controls rather than dual stick and needing high refresh since I so used to it - this is looking like it solves my issues. Hope it as the full SCAPI Steam input support for added flexibility and perpetuity

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guerrilla's gonna flex so hard. Almost seems unfair to let them develop on PC.

The way they highlighted those graphics settings shows they know exactly what this is all about.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this sells a lot so we see more exclusives be cleansed of exclusivity

Being a PC gamer is hella exciting these days

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I have no issue with people having an issue with 50 dollars. Comparing it to Persona 4 is hilarious though. That game came out on PS2 in 2008 before putting Golden to Vita in 2012. It is not remotely the same as a three year old game.

Oct 27, 2017
Can this game be gifted across regions? Would be willing to PayPal someone money. I'm in the US. Loving those prices in other regions.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It is aceptable to me. I know a lot of this forum is heavily fixed that exclusivity and only new games are worth full price but for me what matters is if the game is fun to me.
If it is and i can afford it i'll buy it. I don't mind that the PS4 players get the game cheaper.

is Journey crap on PC because it was free for PS4?

I really hope this sells a lot so we see more exclusives be cleansed of exclusivity

Being a PC gamer is hella exciting these days
I hope taht even if it doesn't sell a lot sony and other companies keep the game coming. It can't cost that much to port a game PC/other consoles.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Day 1.

Seeing the game finally at 60+ FPS makes it look so fluid

Everything else is tops

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I have no issue with people having an issue with 50 dollars. Comparing it to Persona 4 is hilarious though. That game came out on PS2 in 2008 before putting Golden to Vita in 2012. It is not remotely the same as a three year old game.
40€ would have been perfect for me (barring the absurdity that makes it 33£ in UK)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I spied in the video that it caps at 120fps. Could be wrong though.

I thought that, but they've clarified unlocked framerate.
Presumably they were using a 120hz display when recording the trailer, and that limits the potential cap values
So yeah, I'm also part of the 144hz Steam Controller crowd. Gotta have high refresh rates and gotta have velocity based control

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
I thought that, but they've clarified unlocked framerate.
Presumably they were using a 120hz display when recording the trailer, and that limits the potential cap values
So yeah, I'm also part of the 144hz Steam Controller crowd. Gotta have high refresh rates and gotta have velocity based control

oh cool. Yeah would explain it if it autos to your display max.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
I was going to buy this even though I have no interest in Horizon, just to support the idea of Sony bringing PlayStation games to PC, but not at $50.
This should be $20 just like SEGA's late ports.
But at least it seems to be doing well. I hope it does encourage them to bring more games over.

This is bad if it's actually 100° horizontal.
On my 21:9 ultra-wide monitor 122° is what's comfortable to me (74° vertical FOV).

Also: it's weird that the game seems to be limited to 3840x2160, with them saying that 32:9 is only supported up to 3840x1080.

in the video it looks like it hits 120 FOV as of the 43 second mark.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
When the fps limit is scrolled all the way to the left it shows as "Unlimited"

nice one, thanks. My current card won't hit that at the moment anyways ha. been waiting for the 3 series cards to drop. was about to get a 2080 when they dangled the 3 carrots (way sooner than I saw coming tbh). So I'm chilling in limbo on a 1060 at the mo lol.

bic

Oct 28, 2017
Argh! Seems really unlikely RTX 3000-series cards will come out before August 7. I'm sure my 980 could handle it but I want to play with ray tracing and all the other bells and whistles. And I can't justify getting a RTX 2000-series when the new cards are right around the corner.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Argh! Seems really unlikely RTX 3000-series cards will come out before August 7. I'm sure my 980 could handle it but I want to play with ray tracing and all the other bells and whistles. And I can't justify getting a RTX 2000-series when the new cards are right around the corner.

haha snap. my exact predicament.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
theres no ray tracing for this game .