• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This is new. I just noticed that there's an interactive hologram Aloy can use and she called in some mines. I thought the mines were coming from the giant machine turtle.

This hologram interface wasn't in the first game.
mlhHDWo.png

vFvNupc.png
It also shows her using this thing to kind of fast travel between scenes, I wonder if this is a hint at something similar to Ratchet traveling between realms.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Simply cannot wait. Hellblade 2 and HZD: FW were the most visually striking games of the show. Horizon however is the best looking upcoming game thus far, imo.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
It also shows her using this thing to kind of fast travel between scenes, I wonder if this is a hint at something similar to Ratchet traveling between realms.

I think that is just a smart scene transition for the trailer, they wanted to show us a wide range of machines and environments with combat/traversal.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer was kinda underwhelming for me. New robots and new outfits were revealed but not much shown for how they've improved the world design.

We've already seen a lot of that and it was showcased in this trailer in small parts. Being able to swim, the grappling hook, the more nuanced freeform style climbing (not shown off in this trailer) and so on.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Definitely not seamless fast travel. It's a PS4 game, and Ratchet was not. This can't be done in PS4 like the gif may suggest. As others have said, editting to show more variety.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
We've already seen a lot of that and it was showcased in this trailer in small parts. Being able to swim, the grappling hook, the more nuanced freeform style climbing (not shown off in this trailer) and so on.

but what about the rest of the world tho? are the cauldrons back? are there gonna be bandit camps again? are the robo dino spawns gonna be less frequent and clustered together so that traversing the world feels more natural? how about the quest design? are the quest objectives gonna rely on waypoints again or will it be more like botw/ac valhalla?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Go watch the trailer again. That's not fast travel, it's a transition from one bit of footage to the next. The trailer does it between every scene.

rnAVOLd.jpg

n76Rg5X.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
but what about the rest of the world tho? are the cauldrons back? are there gonna be bandit camps again? are the robo dino spawns gonna be less frequent and clustered together so that traversing the world feels more natural? how about the quest design? are the quest objectives gonna rely on waypoints again or will it be more like botw/ac valhalla?

I feel like several of those things are a given just by the very nature of open world design. Bandit camps and cauldrons especially. They don't appear to be reinventing the wheel with this game. They're fixing things that didn't work, adding things that were needed and streamlining others that needed tweaking. Its going to be a much larger better version of the original so go by that aka don't expect BotW.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks fantastic, the machines look way better and especially their weakpoints are now more readable. I think this might be really good, it seems like they pretty much improved upon everything from the first game.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Regarding that "fast travel" hologram, it's actually a mine attack, seems useful to zone out enemies. Modiz already mentioned here:
It is basically for placing tools on the map (seems to be mines as a trap in this case)

Snow : Looks like a variant of the Clawstriders (same animation as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJMyw-OWAk)
Desert : Based on Ankylosaurus maybe

Yeah at first I thought they were clawstriders but then noticed their bodies are a bit different and are partially on fire.

The desert one seems like a good guess.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic, the machines look way better and especially their weakpoints are now more readable. I think this might be really good, it seems like they pretty much improved upon everything from the first game.
Will be hard to nail the mystery around the story in the second game though. Curious what direction this goes. I hope it can deliver again. Horizon has some of my favorite stories of last gen.

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
Can't wait to play this.

First game was fun, but it had one of the best told stories I've ever experienced in a game. Really interested to see where they take it next.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for some in deep gameplay trailer. This far Elden Ring got it beaten imo.
Red armor looks ace tho.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Will be hard to nail the mystery around the story in the second game though. Curious what direction this goes. I hope it can deliver again. Horizon has some of my favorite stories of last gen.

There's still quite a bit of mystery just from events from the previous game. For example, who sent the mysterious code that woke up Hades? šŸ¤”

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Horizon Forbidden West - State of Play Gameplay Reveal | PS5

https://www.playstation.com/games/horizon-forbidden-west/?emcid=or-1s-412983Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West, a deadly frontier that conceals myste...

You can't really do more in deep gameplay than this...
It was a good appetizer or course, but there's some new stuff even in this new short trailer. Show more weapons/gadgets, elaborate on human combat and traversal, other biomes... Idk.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Looked amazing. I'm so ready for another deep dive (no pun intended lol), you guys think we'll get a State of Play next month?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Looked amazing. I'm so ready for another deep dive (no pun intended lol), you guys think we'll get a State of Play next month?

Yeah, i'm expecting another Horizon specific SoP before its release. The one we got earlier this year wasn't your traditional game specific SoP in that it was really just a gameplay demo while game specific SoP's tend to have developers go into mechanics and story.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
goddamn that snake robot is so dope! i'm staying out of these threads from now on, too many spoiler gifs.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Honestly I think it's a Ted Faro clone.
nah, itll be Ted Faro himself. He's all hooked up to life support in his underground pyramid. Sobek mentioned he was building an underground pyramid to basically do who knows what. I bet he's dying and is spiteful of what Sobek did, so he wants to do it his way now.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
nah, itll be Ted Faro himself. He's all hooked up to life support in his underground pyramid. Sobek mentioned he was building an underground pyramid to basically do who knows what. I bet he's dying and is spiteful of what Sobek did, so he wants to do it his way now.
That would be a wild ass twist. Whew. Can't wait to see where they take this.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
It was a good appetizer or course, but there's some new stuff even in this new short trailer. Show more weapons/gadgets, elaborate on human combat and traversal, other biomes... Idk.

Might want to read some of the blog entries, all listed here: https://blog.playstation.com/author/bodevries/.

This one talks about some of the combat, AI, and design changes: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/06/horizon-forbidden-west-outsmart-your-enemies/

Not sure how much more there is to say on traversal other than the grappling hook + glider additions but there is an entry for that: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/25/horizon-forbidden-west-master-aloys-new-abilities/

World updates: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/11/22/horizon-forbidden-west-an-authentic-world/

I feel like they've shown plenty through trailers, events, and blog posts. Maybe expanding more on the world itself + story before launch is really all thats necessary.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That new Melee combat, Yes! Now I just need romance choices and my two wishes are complete, (don't @ me)

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Great trailer!

But what was up with har part where she used an AR interface? Looked like she was time traveling.
I'm curious to know if that's an In game selector.

šŸ‘‡

It is basically for placing tools on the map (seems to be mines as a trap in this case)

If you slow down the video on YT to 0.25 speed you can easily see the mines appearing.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
This will definitely be my first PS5 game whenever I can get the console!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So they'll be following the same route the first one did, they're gonna spoil almost every machine and abilities and I'm gonna watch all of it.