JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Sigh, there's a huge storm today so fingers crossed I still get the game today.

But last night wasn't that bad compared to the night before. It'll kick in with full force tonight though. Fingers crossed you receive your copy today!
I'll pass for now, I'll grab the game on a sale - like any other game at the moment. PS5 doesn't seem to be my console somehow - even though I was hyped for horizon like two weeks ago. But I'll wait :)

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Did DF say they're using variable rate shading on PS5 performance mode or was that only used on the PS4 version?

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
I really don't get console maker's steadfast allegiance to AMD, is it a price thing? Obvs Nvidia is more expensive in consumer gpu space but not sure what the situation would be for a platform holder buying something at scale from them vs AMD.

I really wish these systems had something comparable to DLSS. A cross gen game having these kind of IQ deficiencies isn't the greatest thing to see. Hopefully some patches can alleviate this for perf mode.

Other than the price, you also have to take into account the CPU.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
us 10$ saving peasants can finally start downloading the PS5 version

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Not who you were responding to but I got mine from target and it arrived early today. None of my codes work except for the outfits. The game code and the Nora brave outfit codes don't work. So this is awesome.

No, Target shipped it to me Wednesday.

Okay. Just wondering to see if it was a GameStop only issue but definitely not. Ronin also Target.

I guess we all have to go through Sony directly to see about codes working. Sorry it's happening with you all's game codes too. Wonder how widespread this issue is.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Yep, hdr is broken for me in resolution mode. All the details keeps flickering with tiny movement. Turn hdr off and image quality is much crisper and less shimmery. What a shame cause hdr looks amazing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do have a question about an early story element:

So its clarifiedthat Zenith stole zero dawn so they could use it to terraform another planet before the machines could destroy this one. Why wouldn't you just give that shit to them? Youd probably want multiple instances of this running in case, you know, something went horribly wrong. I know they were basically just gonna evacuate the rich but having an established colony on another planet wouldn't exactly hamper Zero Dawn's plans

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Guys!!!
PSN Store USA version of the game has text and subtitles in PTBR!!

Please confirm this anyone!!
Yes it does. I just checked. In the US. It also has audio as well.
That's totally normal and happened for me with Ratchet, Demons Souls and Spiderman. It's a contrast effect.

The question is whether it's actually a poorly paced 30fps, which seems extremely unlikely.
30FPS is perfectly paced and smooth from what I see zero issues to me.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
The pop-in is really bothering me and the bad AA in performance mode is pretty noticeable

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Is the hdr broken or am i seeing shit? Its flickering. Something aint right. I have the oled

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. Just wondering to see if it was a GameStop only issue but definitely not. Ronin also Target.

I guess we all have to go through Sony directly to see about codes working. Sorry it's happening with you all's game codes too. Wonder how widespread this issue is.

I sent a tweet out to Sony about it, and soon had responses from others who were having the same issue, so it looks like the codes not being activated by Sony has been an issue with the voucher codes. Hopefully I can get them to work in the morning.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Nice being able to download a game day one without a big patch download. Game looks incredible, glad there is a 60fps setting, 30 just feels slow.

Oct 25, 2017
60 mode for me. 30 looks obviously sharper but not in a nice way? Also feels janky af after only playing 60 fps games for a year and a half now. Holding out for a 40fps mode though.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
I'm gonna put this down and hopefully we get a 40fps 4K patch in the near future.

I just can't play 30fps games anymore, and the 60fps mode doesn't look great.

I was just playing GOT dlc yesterday, and that game is much easier on the eyes than this.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just started the game and it looks great in 30 mode, but 30 fps will take some time for me to get used to after playing so much in 60 or higher. But at least it's stable. Cutscenes look like a big step up from Zero Dawn.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
When I'm using favor resolution, there is really bad shimmering on the grass when moving the camera.

Also, in favor resolution, the whole image gets darker when moving the camera, then when I stop moving the entire image brightens.

Neither of these happen when using favor performance.

It's really distracting and looks terrible.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This feels really, really good at 30fps. The only game that I have played below 60fps was Guardians and that was painful. This didn't make me feel sick/awful to play after trying 60 and going back to 30.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
When I'm using favor resolution, there is really bad shimmering on the grass when moving the camera.

Also, in favor resolution, the whole image gets darker when moving the camera, then when I stop moving the entire image brightens.

Neither of these happen when using favor performance.

It's really distracting and looks terrible.

This is related to hdr in res mode i think?. Im experiencing the same problem. Performance mode with hdr on dont have this issue

May 14, 2021
After a year of playing games in 60fps I can't go back to 30 ever again. But man this 60fps mode is really disappointing. Its pretty much locked, but graphically it seems really off. Blurry and everything constantly flickers. Tempted to wait for a patch or two to see if they address it.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
So I have the disc version for ps4 and want to get the update for ps5. Is this already possible? Psn shows that I need to buy the full game for 80€.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Yep, hdr is broken for me in resolution mode. All the details keeps flickering with tiny movement. Turn hdr off and image quality is much crisper and less shimmery. What a shame cause hdr looks amazing.
I played just 2min, i m in the tutorial , but i don't see it. I had an update while launching the game. Maybe it help.

By the way i am the only one that didn't like the first cinematic in the game ? It was beautiful, but i don't like how they cut every ten second to change the view, it would have been so smoother with just changing the view in continue like a drone flying .

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
OK so HDR is broken in resolution mode. Causes all sorts of flickering and darkens the image when moving the camera. Turning off HDR fixes these issues.

HDR works fine in performance mode.

Well, that decides what I'm playing in. Resolution looks great and the 30 fps isn't too bad, but I'm not playing with broken HDR or disabling.

Pretty crazy they shipped a first party tentpole game with broken HDR.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
I'm playing in 30 fps mode and it feels responsive and smooth. As much as 30 fps can of course.

Yep, agreed, it's bearable and the gain in image quality is substantial in this game. I've tried both and, as much as I prioritize FPS in most games, here I'll stick to Resolution. There is something off with the checkerboard and DRS at 60 Fps, the game looks "shimmery" and it breaks it a bit in terms of immersion.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't made it much past the first battle due to the foliage flickering whenever I move the right stick. It's like the greens go 4x darker every time I move it. Super annoying, as the game looks awesome just sitting there on my LG G1.

After a year of playing games in 60fps I can't go back to 30 ever again. But man this 60fps mode is really disappointing. Its pretty much locked, but graphically it seems really off. Blurry and everything constantly flickers. Tempted to wait for a patch or two to see if they address it.
The flickering is in resolution mode too. I actually noticed less on performance mode, but definitely saw the image quality drop.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't made it much past the first battle due to the foliage flickering whenever I move the right stick. It's like the greens go 4x darker every time I move it. Super annoying, as the game looks awesome just sitting there on my LG G1.

The flickering is in resolution mode too. I actually noticed less on performance mode, but definitely saw the image quality drop.

It's the HDR in resolution mode causing those issues Disable it in options.

HDR in performance mode works fine

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a visually messy game. Without the constant help from markers etc., the game would be such a chore to play. I wasn't a fan of the series to begin with, but this isn't selling me at all, I'm finding it just as mediocre as the first so far. Hate the characters (shut up Aloy, I know I have to do all the things you're incessantly saying) and story (skipping most of of it tbh). I'm just mindlessly going through the motions using almost none of the options the game gives me because there's no need at all.

I'm probably done with the series after this.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Same here. 30 fps makes me dizzy, I don't notice much of a quality drop in 60 and it's butter smooth.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
This feels really, really good at 30fps. The only game that I have played below 60fps was Guardians and that was painful. This didn't make me feel sick/awful to play after trying 60 and going back to 30.
Agree. I've had a hard time doing 30 for most games but this I almost thought it was performance mode because I could tolerate it so well.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I meannnnnnn I really hope they do whatever the r&c people did to their resolution mode as for me personally the 30fps mode is so distracting I can't do it right now which is a shame as it's fucking gorgeous.

Feels like hot garbage to play for me at 30, I fucked up as the game defaulted to the 60 mode and when I switched it over it felt gross.

Almost tempted to wait and see if they patch like r&c did

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks pretty, but this is just bad, i mean, wow...

Stuff like this happens so much. I"ve had quests broken (a full game restart has fixed it so far) because NPC's wouldn't act like they should. Or just have all guards in a town spawn in one place. Aloy gets stuck in environments all the time. It's all pretty janky and just feels pretty sloppy to play in general.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
While the game is beautiful this Intro is taking its sweeeeeeeet time and I really hate everything being explained ...like basic shit. Everything has some commentary behind it ya know? idk maybe it's just me

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. The menu is 60, right? Moving around the map feels super smooth even in res mode. Seems smart and not something I usually see.