• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
From what i saw 60 fps mode still looks really great on a 4k TV. Dude im playing dying light 2 in fucking 1080p so im pretty sure HFW will look 100 times better image quality wise in 60fps mode than that :D
Absolutely man. It should be about 1800p from what i read. It still looks really really good. Some shimmering and a bit worse AA but i think i can live with that.
Just create a new nz acc and load it from there.
this game is so good
oh man im already playing for like 2 hours+ and it's already the best i played in a longer while. Play it on the best screen you got!

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Anyone else order from PS Direct? I got charged for the Special Edition a week ago from them but it has said Preparing to Ship since Monday. It's supposed to be free express release date shipping for PS+ so I think it still will be fine but ugh it's making me anxious.
Seeing Preparing to Ship all week has been agonizing for me with my Regalla edition. I'm assuming it'll be a few days late so I'll be overjoyed if it somehow still arrives tomorrow. Here's hoping!

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Unfortunately, unless you are playing on a 50" TV or smaller at a large viewing distance, the AA and shimmer and overall image quality in 60fps is pretty bad.

On my 77" OLED at 7-8 feet, it looks rough.

This is one of the few times where favor resolution is the way to go. Unlike in Ratchet and Clank, where the 60fps option rocked.
I'll need to wait and see how it looks myself, but I'm expecting to play on Performance mode on my 77" G1 OLED unless there is a big difference. However, I think the viewing distance might play a part as I would find most things to look "rough" at 7-8 feet away from my TV. My seats are between 10-14 feet with 14 feet being the ideal location. I wouldn't want it any closer, despite what any silly charts say.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I had to call into work today cause I'm sick but got a negative Covid test so I'm going back to the office tomorrow. Why on earth could this not have happened tomorrow instead of today. I woulda had a whole day with this game 😭😭

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Just played for about an hour, but it's already quite late and I need to wake up soon so that's it for today.

Anyway, visually it looks great but I'm still on the very obvious tutorial area. Can't wait to get to the open world. Visually it looks great although it's all quite linear for now.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I had to call into work today cause I'm sick but got a negative Covid test so I'm going back to the office tomorrow. Why on earth could this not have happened tomorrow instead of today. I woulda had a whole day with this game 😭😭
Perhaps you'll be sick tomorrow too - in a 'I am contagious but feel okay' way, of course.

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Anyone else order from PS Direct? I got charged for the Special Edition a week ago from them but it has said Preparing to Ship since Monday. It's supposed to be free express release date shipping for PS+ so I think it still will be fine but ugh it's making me anxious.

Mine is still preparing to ship. My charge was pending earlier this week and now I can't see where it posted to my bank account. Hope my order doesn't get canceled.

Unmoses

Mar 22, 2018
Finally got my hands on a PS5 a few months ago this will be the first game I play on it. Cannot wait!!

Great OT OP!

Haha same scenario here, except I restarted horizon zd. I have it on PC as well but there is something to be said for the big screen. I'll probably double dip with my 3080 for another playthrough of FW. I'm a sucker, but I reread books as well ;)

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I actually just finished my replay of ZD with playing the DLC for the first time. AMAZING DLC! And most likely sets up what we'll might experience with FW and beyond!

Fire/Frost claws were such a pain in ass….

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
took a little while but I was able to get a refund for the PS4 version from Sony chat support. I MUST play at 9pm tonight so I just went ahead and bought the PS5 version, saving 10 bucks be damned.

Boomstick75

Banned
May 7, 2021
Damnit, why does this and Elden Ring have to release a week apart? These games are complete time sinks and I'm old af!!! (Dad crowd stand up). I'm all-in on Elden Ring and was gonna hold off on this but I'm tempted. Would love to hear some impressions.

Same. No kids, but I'm of that age, and don't have a whole lot of time to game. No way I'll finish this before Elden Ring releases. That won't stop me from picking it up day one, though.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
How hard is it to install a game from a disc without a TV? Is it it literally just put in the disc and wait or are there inputs I need to do?

I am moving and without a TV for the next few days, but want the game ready to go once I have access to my TV.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
How hard is it to install a game from a disc without a TV? Is it it literally just put in the disc and wait or are there inputs I need to do?

I am moving and without a TV for the next few days, but want the game ready to go once I have access to my TV.

I'm pretty sure it does it automatically. I should install the latest patch if connected to the internet too.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, for some reason I thought this was next week. Damn I'm hyped it's actually tomorrow???!!

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
UK Amazon notified my that my physical PS4 copy has been dispatched but won't get it till Saturday. :| I hope it's one of those cases where it arrives earlier than stated in the email.

Oct 26, 2017
Please for the love of god tell me this can be adjusted. That is a lot of red.
Ive looked through - theres a really great amount of options here for a console game...but looks like its a no damage very hard run or risk burning in these massive red eye sores.

Insane how much FOV this takes up considering everything else is dynamic

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Is the difference between perf and resolution mode just fps and sharpness? Or also reduced IQ for performance mode?