Oct 28, 2017
eh, it wasnt an issue for me to skip zelda tbh

so i played horizon till i plat'd it and i plan to do the same for this one, the difference been that i hope they fix any security fuck up if ER has the same security issues as the other games

May 24, 2021
Horizon is just going to have to wait. There's no shot I'd finish it in the week leading to Elden Ring. I'll be playing that game for months.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn.. five years.

These dev cycles are so long. Five years for one of the sequels. A few peeps and super vague release window for the other.

I'll be inhaling Horizon until ER. After that I'll just play what I feel like.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Thoroughly playing Horizon first, exploring every corner of the world and doing everything i can before diving into Elden.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Skipping Horizon and getting Elden Ring, zero chance of me finishing HZD2 in 1 week so why bother.

Timing is honestly awful on Horizon, they shoulda pushed it out a few months imo.

Don't forget as well Gran Turismo 7 in a few weeks, while that game isn't for everyone it does feel like after a drought, its a bit of an overload for PS5 games.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't going to play Horizon, but then I remembered I hadn't played the DLC and installed ZD again. Well, now I am really hyped for FW and will play that for a week, then jump to Elden Ring. I will probably hop back and forth between the two games. I have a whole week off soon, so plenty of time to play.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
I think the only game that I would consider playing before a new From game is Final Fantasy IX remake.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Got HZD with the PRO and BOTW with a switch a few months later. Ended up dropping off on both and only going back to finish HZD last Christmas.

I wanted go back to HZD because I enjoyed the premise and discovering the past stuff (and how Aloy's bow didn't explode into dust after 30 seconds) but just never got around to it, where as I had no desire to go back to BOTW.

Will probably do the same but with less of a wild gap inbetween this time. Power through FW until I hit the inevitable open world fatigue that I always get, even in games I love and then give Elden Ring a go.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I personally haven't been able to get into Horizon yet (though I totally understand the appeal to others!), and Elden Ring is probably my most anticipated video game release in years, so I'm definitely gonna be playing Elden Ring.

I do want to finish up Horizon and play Forbidden West some time though. I just wish the first one had Gyro aiming. I'm terrible at precision aiming with an analog stick.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I"m not sure. I might get either, both, or neither right away lol. I am going to totally improvise here. I do want to play both. I have some slight fear Elden Ring will be initially buggier on release. I also will be playing both on a PS4 Pro so it will depend a bit on how the initial last gen reviews are (I expect them to be fine, but who knows)

Oct 31, 2017
Played HZD first, then played BOTW 2~ years later. The difference this time would be I will play Elden Ring hopefully by the end of the year.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I don't plan on playing either at launch at least, but am I the only person capable of playing 2 games simultaneously? Lol, don't find a need to go all in on one game at a time, if I felt like playing game A I could, and if I felt like playing game B I could.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I plan on waiting for a sale for Horizon way after I'm done with Elden Ring. I was actually looking forward to getting Horizon at launch but it comes out only a week before Elden Ring and there is no way I will be able to play complete Horizon in time and I don't want to play both games at once. I absolutely must prioritize Elden Ring as that is the game I truly am looking forward to playing the most.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Not much of a Souls fan, though I've beaten Bloodborne and Demon Soul's remake. My interest in Elden Ring will be based on if there's a compelling narrative and fleshed out characters this time. If that ends up being the case then I'd play it alongside Horizon.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought BOTW soon after it came out and Horizon a few months later. With Horizon 2, I will wait for a price drop, and I'm not much interested in Elden Ring but I'm sure I will try it eventually.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna play Horizon since I'm invested in the story and wait for a price drop.on Elden Ring. I've only ever played Bloodborne and was trash at it and gave up so I don't want to pay full price for ER when I probably won't finish it.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for both but it sucks they're a week apart. No way I can finish Horizon in a week so it will have to wait until after Elden Ring. Don't really want to start it and then stop to play something else.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I took two weeks off for both. I'm pretty sure I'll finish Horizon in week one, but I don't think I'll be able to get the platinum. Depending on how close I am, I might hold Elden Ring until I get Horizon's Platinum.

That said, I can't really say for sure, as soon as ER is up I'm gonna check how it looks and feel, go figure what will happen then.

Also, I have GT 7 the following week lol.

What a great month.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, fucking amazing game btw, then I will be day one Horizon followed by day one Elden Ring. Prolly gonna be open world fatigued by the end of Elden Ring, but for now...I'm ready!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring; Trolling
I have the MS points to get ER free for Series X. I'll wait for a sale on Horizon DLC.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Elden Ring.

I enjoyed Zero Dawn, but I didn't like it enough to choose a sequel over the next Miyazaki game. And back to back open world games is a major nope from me. I'll get FW later in the year during a quieter period.

Tailesque

Sep 28, 2021
Chicago
I played Zero Dawn and BotW much later than their initial release, so I didn't have that experience.

With Forbidden West and Elden Ring though, it's pretty simple. I'll be playing and enjoying FW until Elden Ring launches. Then all my spare gaming time goes to Elden Ring because holy shit why would it not? Sorry Horizon.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm gonna play both at the same time like I did for HZD and BOTW. Elden Ring looks decent but I don't think it'll top Horizon for me personally. Really hope From does something new after this. Sekiro was a breath of fresh air and easily their best game to me.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I will beat Horizon on like 4 days I guess? Since that will be the only thing I do from the time I get it. After that I'm off for a week so no Elden until March 6th for me.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The best time to play From games is at launch. Elden Ring takes priority. Will wait for a sale on Horizon.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Last time it was horizon, Zelda, and nier all at once. That was a mess.

I'm just going to play horizon and enjoy elden vicariously through my partner playing it. I'll get around to elden sooner than later.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Seeing as it's taken me until...whenever I manage it in the next week to finish the first Horizon game, I'll probably enjoy the new one until Elden Ring comes out, jump into that, and then go back to Horizon when Elder Ring makes me mad.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Neither for now as dying light has its claws in me deep for probably another month. Will get elden ring first out of those two once I'm finished though

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Play Horizon or throwing the controller out of boredom from Zelda, is no different to throwing the controller in frustration from a FromSoftware game.

I'll be playing Horizon, I'll pick up Elden Ring when it's heavily reduced, like I do with most From games given I never really manage to finish them.

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
Getting Elden Ring day 1, Horizon sometime down the line on sale. I wasn't very into the first Horizon so I'll wait but I think this one looks like a good improvement.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the first Horizon was the most overrated game of last gen, so I'm skipping straight to Elden Ring. I was burned by the reviews of Horizon last time so I'll be waiting a while before I bother buying this next one, especially for £70

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Neither for now as dying light has its claws in me deep for probably another month. Will get elden ring first out of those two once I'm finished though

Lol I like this post. Dying Light 2 has really surprised me and is fun as hell. It's got that "oh just let me do this one last thing before I stop" problem, and it's a great problem to have lol.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
In 2017 I went Zelda.

I still haven't gotten around to playing Horizon 1 and I have absolutely no interest in Elden Ring/Souls games (they're the opposite of what I want in a game gameplay-wise and aesthics-wise), so these 2 big releases are irrelevant to me.

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
In 2017 I went Zelda.

I still haven't gotten around to playing Horizon 1 and I have absolutely no interest in Eldin Ring/Souls games (they're the opposite of what I want in a game gameplay-wise and aesthics-wise), so these 2 big releases are irrelevant to me.

I'm not sure this thread is for you