• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
She was sick yesterday so Trump must have been tested multiple times at this point.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Rapid testing relies on detecting antigens, which is spotty because it can pick up on similar coronaviruses that aren't SARS CoV-2 (the virus that causes the disease COVID-19). It's appropriate when immediate results are needed like right before an event, with no history of + person contact. PCR testing takes minimum of a few hours (generally say 24 hrs) for reactions/lab process and is way more accurate because it is exactly matching for the SARS CoV-2 virus RNA sequence. I assume whether or not Trump underwent rapid testing, due to his contact with a + person, he's been tested/retested with the PCR method now.
Yeah most likely he tested positive on the rapid test and now they're doing the longer test to get more accurate results. Even then the virus could incubate for days and deliver a negative result so they'll probably keep testing him as the days go on

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
5f749765240000ed04d127fb.jpeg

^ Trump's family at the debate on Tuesday. Indoors with no masks. Fucking idiots. Really afraid for all the people him and these dumbasses potentially infected if they do in fact have it. I imagine everyone that attended the debate will be self-quarantining now.

who is that with the mask on? Melania?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Can a Covid test show postive this early? Say he did get it from Hicks (The aide not his supporters). Wouldn't it take a while before it would show in a test?

cosmod

Feb 24, 2018
The health of the president of the united states is a legit national security concern, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's never any true admission of Trump catching COVID-19. We'll just have a press conference one day where trump is wearing sunglasses and not moving or talking.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Can a Covid test show postive this early? Say he did get it from Hicks (The aide not his supporters). Wouldn't it take a while before it would show in a test?

They say ~5 days in they should be getting fewer false positives with the sort of test that the White House uses.

So Trump's quarantine is probably only going to be about 4 days.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing is that Trump will have to cancel his Wisconsin rallies this weekend.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
The health of the president of the united states is a legit national security concern, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's never any true admission of Trump catching COVID-19. We'll just have a press conference one day where trump is wearing sunglasses and not moving or talking.

This cracked me the fuck up. Thank you.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm not a Trump fan, but there is no positive outcome for him getting it.

-Gets it and recovers: he's the chosen one and Covid is "just the flu"
-Gets it and dies: forever a martyr and gop rallying cry, proud prepubescents go on a shooting spree

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, but has there been studies on what the effects of drug use, for example Trump's uppers, would do to someone with Covid?

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019

-Gets it and dies: forever a martyr and gop rallying cry, proud prepubescents go on a shooting spree

Not interested in the symbolic meaning -- I merely want him and his campaign to suffer.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
He wouldn't have just been exposed though. He's around Hicks every single day.

People with coronavirus are apparently most contagious right before they become symptomatic and they're reporting that she just started displaying symptoms. So if Trump got it, it was likely recently.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Not saying she didn't test positive, but it's worth noting you can never trust what these people say. Period. Convenient that the news is now focused on the possibility of Trump getting sick or even his demise (which, let's be real, is what everyone is discussing, half of us are only just now learning Hicks returned). Sure convenient after all the bad press Trumps been getting. But now he's at risk and it sure would be bad for democrats to hope for his death.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least the debate commission should use this to force a satellite broadcast debate (where they can mute Trump's feed).

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017

Trump constantly telling the country that everything is fine....while he ends up getting it while enjoying all the protection and testing he could ask for, is not a good look. It's a disaster

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
Fox News is talking about Antifa and fox business is talking about Hillary and the fake dossier lmaoooo

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying she didn't test positive, but it's worth noting you can never trust what these people say. Period. Convenient that the news is now focused on the possibility of Trumps demise (which, let's be real, is what everyone is discussing, half of us are only just now learning Hicks returned). Sure convenient after all the bad press Trumps been getting. But now he's at risk and it sure would be bad for democrats to hope for his death.

I agree that we probably aren't getting accurate facts out of the White House, but I don't think he's particularly incentivized to quarantine ~1 month before the election. He's going to have to cancel rallies this weekend over this.