• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They made the right choice with a sequel,I'm so damn happy. Fuck yes

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, a sequel? That's surprising!

Cool, I really didn't like the first but I loved a lot of different parts of it. This looks even better.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Holy hell. Is this the week that keeps on giving or what?

Still think it's super weird this wasn't on the Direct. This is an indie megaton, especially with the timed console exclusivity.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
1. I said WOW. The extra colors and vibrancy, as well as more detail in the environments make the game look even more sumptuous than the last one.
2. Why the hell was this not in the Direct

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i just couldn't get into the first game. too much wandering around not knowing where to go :(

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Did you never play them before?
No, it's just that no Indie game managed to really grab me before. I always found them to be less refined, less polished and generally "lesser experiences" for the lack of a better word. But Hollow Knight changed my mind, it's amazing what such a small team can accomplish. The Steamworld series is similar in this regard for me, just not on the same level as Hollow Knight.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's just that no Indie game managed to really grab me before. I always found them to be less refined, less polished and generally "lesser experiences" for the lack of a better word. But Hollow Knight changed my mind, it's amazing what such a small team can accomplish. The Steamworld series is similar in this regard for me, just not on the same level as Hollow Knight.
Yeah it totally depends on the dev rather than where they come from. I've played some awesome indies and AAA titles as well as awful ones on both fronts too :)

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Sign if you beat the game. Out of the 2+ million who played the game I wonder how many beat it? I was surprised to find out only a very small portion of any game's players actually finish them.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
6x3l6khtuk1q.gif

Looking amazing!!!

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Since it's a full blown sequel,I guess it will be around the same length as the first one ? If so,holy crap

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Good stuff, only problem is my switch dpad is pretty bad. I kind of struggled with the original on switch

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not making the same mistake I made when I bought the first game. I'm getting this one asap instead of waiting a few weeks.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shitballs Batman.

I'm going to lose another 40 hours into this one like HK before it and I'm going to love every second of it.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY need to beat Hollow Knight. I can never commit to finishing it. This looks really good.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Me a few days ago: Man, I really would rather have a sequel than a prequel.

I always get what I want!

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Is there a release window for this? If it's pretty far out I can see that being a reason for Nintendo to exclude it from the Direct.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
One of the easiest day 1 purchases. More than got my money's worth from HK. Such a wonderful game.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Sign if you beat the game. Out of the 2+ million who played the game I wonder how many beat it? I was surprised to find out only a very small portion of any game's players actually finish them.

I have. 21.5% have the trophy for defeating Hollow Knight on PS4.

Only 1.1% have fully beaten the final DLC. Because it's ludicrous.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit yesss yess yesssss

I wonder why this game wasn't part of the Nintendo Direct ??

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
That was pretty damn awesome, just needed a 'Git Gud' yell at the end.

Interesting to see Switch getting a release before XBox/PS4, guess it did *really* well there (and I'm among the ones that bought it).

One lore question for anyone that finished all the extra DLCs (I didn't realize any had extra plot):
So throughout the game it's basically straight up told to you that the kingdom is the only realm of sentient bugs, that to cross the wastes results in you losing your mind and reverting to a mindless bug once again. All due to the wyrm's influence granting sapience in the first place. Is there anything in the final extra DLCs to dispute that? Or will this basically just be a case of 'Nah, the bugs were wrong, they only *thought* they were the only ones*

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish I could be into this series as much as the rest of you, there's a lot to love but man did I hate getting around in the first game. More often then not I just felt like I was aimlessly backtracking looking for the one area I could maybe progress through. I'd be interested to see if they made the overall traversal more intuitive this time around.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
The trailer looks and sounds amazing! And Hornet makes such cute noises. I'm so overwhelmed, I was just expecting a DLC reveal. Day one purchase for sure.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS
THANK YOU TEAM CHERRY
ITS PERFECT

Ahem..

Sequel to one of the best games of all time. This is better than anything on the direct.