• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We realize we haven't communicated this as clearly as we should have, so we're going to lay it out plainly right now:

We've been seeing a lot of low effort posts with empty praise for the game from junior accounts and long-inactive accounts, and it sure seems like some of them are trolls trying to antagonize the community. We'd like to be clear that you do this at your own risk. We look at these case by case and we've been issuing bans since the first day this thread went up. If we think you're just here to stir the pot you will get hit. This will be the policy in every thread on this game going forward.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haven't been able to post this for a week so stuff I bring up might be long dead now but whatever.

All you people who decided to come into all the threads regarding this game with the "think of the devs" excuse are so disingenuous and I see right through you. You can't even be honest with yourself so honestly stop it, you're not fooling me with this pitiful excuse and whataboutism. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I've never seen "think of the devs" used for any other game on this forum, ever.

To all those saying it's pointless to boycott because JK is already super rich: It's not about money, it's the principle of knowingly supporting a bigot who is doing so much harm to trans people, especially those in the UK. I don't think some of realise(or you just don't care) how harmful she really is.

To those suggesting the devs put in pro trans well, anything in the game. This is just my opinion and I'm sure other trans members here might think differently(we aren't a hive mind) but to me it would just be a token gesture at absolute best and could actually present more problems. I know most of you all probably think well though so I'm not going to hold it against you, though the skeptic in me would think some only want something like this so they can justify their purchase.

I've also seen people rather vaguely try to pin all the hatred JK is spewing on mental illness(not in this thread but in other related threads here), I can't say what I really think about this so I'll just say that it disgusts me.

This site in general is extremely hostile towards trans people. Like pretty much every thread, without fail will have someone jump on their burner account just to post something transphobic and outside of that you just see general dismissal, JAQing off, whataboutism etc. etc. and it's all just so tiring and mentally draining just reading it, let alone replying to it. There is a ton of passive-aggressive hostility towards us but because it is 'civil' we bare the brunt when we finally break, so you just have to wonder why so many of us just don't post anymore/already left.

ultimaotaku

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We realize we haven't communicated this as clearly as we should have, so we're going to lay it out plainly right now:

We've been seeing a lot of low effort posts with empty praise for the game from junior accounts and long-inactive accounts, and it sure seems like some of them are trolls trying to antagonize the community. We'd like to be clear that you do this at your own risk. We look at these case by case and we've been issuing bans since the first day this thread went up. If we think you're just here to stir the pot you will get hit. This will be the policy in every thread on this game going forward.
out of curiosity how is it something like that decided, i don't post a whole lot but am genuinely interested in the game?

I hate that her shitty views have impacted my ability to openly enjoy a franchise i grew up with and adore.

if its inappropriate to even ask i apologise i just don't want to get banned if it comes across as me being interested in the game in any way makes it seem like i support her? :S

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
out of curiosity how is it something like that decided, i don't post a whole lot but am genuinely interested in the game?

I hate that her shitty views have impacted my ability to openly enjoy a franchise i grew up with and adore.

if its inappropriate to even ask i apologise i just don't want to get banned if it comes across as me being interested in the game in any way makes it seem like i support her? :S
I believe if it's not a low effort drive-by post, you're okay to make conversation.

But please, don't give her support. I loved HP all my life and waited for a game like this since the first two HP PC games. But I'm not helping her spread hate, and promoting a game of her IP is helping her do that.

ultimaotaku

Oct 25, 2017
I believe if it's not a low effort drive-by post, you're okay to make conversation.

But please, don't give her support. I loved HP all my life and waited for a game like this since the first two HP PC games. But I'm not helping her spread hate, and promoting a game of her IP is helping her do that.

I understand, i wish i could say im not gonna play the game but i know i will play it so best i can do is say fuck her and her views.

why did she have to turn out to be a shithead =_=

If the game is everything its implied to be its pretty much a dream game for me.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Personally it doesn't look like Harry Potter. The graphical choices are wrong. The lighting is really off for a Harry Potter atmosphere.
Well what would you consider a Harry potter atmosphere. The game has nothing to do with potter and crew. It's a time before Voldemort, takes place in the 1800's with I assume headmasters that we only seen in the background of dumbledor's office in the past.

I feel like they are trying to hit that school/life balance. I just hope the school dialogue is something good and not something I'll constantly "press b to skip "

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I wish this game came out a couple years ago. As of now, I've forgotten stuff and no longer have the hype. Maybe if I read the books all over again...I still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The Harry Potter series was classic but what made it so awesome to me was not the world itself but the main character, Harry Potter. I would rather play the man himself. If they did that, insta-cop. I'll just wait on the reviews.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this game came out a couple years ago. As of now, I've forgotten stuff and no longer have the hype. Maybe if I read the books all over again...I still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The Harry Potter series was classic but what made it so awesome to me was not the world itself but the main character, Harry Potter. I would rather play the man himself. If they did that, insta-cop. I'll just wait on the reviews.
On the other hand. The graphics nowadays are much better and would represent Hogwarts from the movies a lot better. Plus they can be more ambitious, without compromising much with the amount of horse power the new consoles have.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I wish the same people who were so enthusiastic about the movement also recognized the one prominent front-facing transgender person in the industry. Stephanie Brownback is literally doing events for the company all the time with new content and reveal beats and she's doing great. Doing it on Twitch...for the MK community. And nobody talks about it. Idk.

JK Rowling's decisions baffle me. Because it's an active decision she's made to ignore the whole point of her books.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder how long the Wizards can keep their secret socity from Muggles?

Didn't Ron mention that they will extinct if not marry to muggle?

Well they were already having serious difficulties doing that in the 90s. Wizards would never be able to stay hidden today without some revolutionary new magic that hides them and their magic from technology.

Then again, maybe they don't need to stay hidden any more? Two of the most prominent members of wizard society, Harry and Hermione, grew up in muggle homes. Hermione, a Mudblood, even becomes the Minister of Magic. Given the muggle government already knows about magic in the 90s (at least I think I recall the Minister of Magic saying he'd need to tell the Prime Minister about Sirius Black escaping prison), perhaps by the 2020s there's no real need to keep it a secret at all.