kubus

Oct 27, 2017
My order has finally shipped! I wonder what the hold up was :(.

Oh well, now I can go in Scott Pilgrim mode until it arrives.

1sqol6.jpg

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My order has finally shipped! I wonder what the hold up was :(.

Oh well, now I can go in Scott Pilgrim mode until it arrives.

1sqol6.jpg
Enjoy! I'm attempting to brute force my way through it with Google Translate which is... less than ideal. Would be interested to hear what others discover from the book.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy! I'm attempting to brute force my way through it with Google Translate which is... less than ideal. Would be interested to hear what others discover from the book.
Thanks! And damn, that's some dedication right there!

Good news though:

www.1101.com

岩田さん - ほぼ日刊イトイ新聞

「岩田さん 岩田聡はこんなことを話していた。」任天堂の元社長、岩田聡さんのことばをまとめた本をつくりました。過去の対談から大切なことばを抜粋。宮本茂さんと糸井重里の特別インタビューも収録しています。ほぼ日ストア購入特典は特製Iwata-Sanキーホルダー。

We are honored to receive many inquiries and requests from our readers regarding the translated version of "Iwata-san."

Needless to say, it is our wish to spread the words and philosophy of Mr. Satoru Iwata to as many people of the world as we can.

Currently, nothing is definite yet, but we are preparing publication of "Iwata-san" in various languages in consultation with Tuttle-Mori Agency. We will make an official announcement as soon as we finalize the deals at this website and via the official twitter account as below:

@1101_IwataSan

We are sorry to keep you waiting. In the meantime, please note that translating this book into any languages for public distribution is a clear violation of copyright and will be subject to criminal charges. We ask for your understanding.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Soon as they announce it I'm throwing cash at the screen. Such a lovely book.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
I would be legit surprise if they actually release this in Thai. (Tuttle-Mori Agency was a contract assistant of sort for licensing mangas over here. They even have an office here as well) Since I didn't expect them to went and published in English, let alone multiple languages.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've been searching daily. I'm sure it's coming though, don't give up hope.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Really glad this is getting translated. I wish we were getting the original cover though. This new one doesn't have any of the Hobonichi flavor.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
mighty, mighty need

i really want a highlight on that time itoi heard how little mother zero was going for and slammed the table, only to have iwata remind him of the tea

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! I had forgotten all about this. I'll definitely pick it up on day one!

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018

The book is gonna be translated in 10 languages!
Going by machine translation: English releasing soon, French just tomorrow, German april 20th, traditional/simplified Chinese, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Italian and Hungarian at a later date.

Nice to see so much support for the book localization-wise.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

Going by machine translation: English releasing soon, French just tomorrow, German april 20th, traditional/simplified Chinese, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Italian and Hungarian at a later date.

French cover is the best

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain

In spanish?! I was thinking buying the english one, but now I'll wait.

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
French just tomorrow
Yes: Mine is waiting for me at my local delivery store, but sadly, I must wait until tomorrow: FNAC's IT system will only send me an email after midnight and without that email, I'm not sure I'm able to have it.

Without the current situation and with a least one other parcel waiting for me, I would go: usually, the nice people at the desk have no problem giving me every parcel waiting for me, including those with books or games not yet released.
French cover is the best
I like it too. I only have one regret: this French publisher usually doesn't sell ebooks.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Jealous! Even though bookshop.org took my order they became immediately back-ordered on release, still waiting :/.