• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I ended up buying this on SX to check out the tech. I don't own Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, but I downloaded the Hitman 2 free starter pack at some point (its no longer installed). However, it appears that I can access ALL of the Hitman 2 levels inside of Hitman 3... is that how its supposed to be?

Oct 26, 2017
well I finally managed to link accounts and it says no registered games. I own all three. on the same fucking platform. So it's not fixed.
went onto my ps4 just to *remind* them about my progress and it did seem to find my mastery level but lots of the mission mastery levels are wrong. figured I'll take a few hours of progress hit rather than spend another pissing day trying to sort this out. this used to be one of my favourite developers, but can't say I'll ever buy an io game at launch again. when I got hitman 2 I spent ages trying to get my hitman 1 progress over and failed, cba with the game thinking i need to do the ICA tutorial a third time.

Last edited:

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.

Thank you so much this worked for me! Had to redeem the legacy pack from the US store though as it didn't recognise it existing in the UK.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I ended up buying this on SX to check out the tech. I don't own Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, but I downloaded the Hitman 2 free starter pack at some point (its no longer installed). However, it appears that I can access ALL of the Hitman 2 levels inside of Hitman 3... is that how its supposed to be?
Can you actually start them or do they just show up listed?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone find the first two missions a little too hand holdy? I don't have any guidance info on either but both have a rather direct, almost canonical path that they lead you into either in the first few minutes or in the case of the second level the first 10 seconds.

Of course there are many other way to do it, and I look forward to experimenting, but I kinda feel the vast majority of players will end the first 2 missions much the same way unless trying not to.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Can you actually start them or do they just show up listed?

I'll have to double-check. I started the first mission, no problem, but that's also the available mission in the starter pack. I don't remember if I tried to launch any of the other missions. However, the rest of the missions looked like they were unlocked as compared to the Hitman 1 missions which the UI made clear were not available/unlocked.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried the carryover process for the first time and it worked without a hitch. Took about 5 minutes from start to finish so I guess the server load's eased up a ton by now

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blazed through the story, 1 hour per mission or so.
Overall high quality for the levels, the last one is a bit disappointing but I hope future content will compensate
The first 2 levels feel a bit small and simple (though they have good atmosphere), but the next 3 are all great and all have very different atmospheres

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried the carryover process for the first time and it worked without a hitch. Took about 5 minutes from start to finish so I guess the server load's eased up a ton by now

uhh so I thought this, it said finished and I left it there for a while, went to main menu and nothing has transferred over. tried carry over site and now it says there's nothing linked again

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish instinct mode removed the red npcs and only kept interactive objects. Seriously, even with the text enlarged I'm still walking right past some shit.

Oct 29, 2017
Carry over site is up but missing Mastery for like half the levels for me. Re-downloading a stripped down Hitman 2 (one thing that I guess works about this whole modular install: I just download the core game I guess. Unselect all the DLC), and seeing if I can get it to see that Mastery

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone find the first two missions a little too hand holdy? I don't have any guidance info on either but both have a rather direct, almost canonical path that they lead you into either in the first few minutes or in the case of the second level the first 10 seconds.

Of course there are many other way to do it, and I look forward to experimenting, but I kinda feel the vast majority of players will end the first 2 missions much the same way unless trying not to.

I thought these were a great way to ease you into the game. Seems like there are a lot of options where you can deviate on subsequent playthroughs.

Also the third missions throws any and all hand holding out a window lol

Octopop

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had the issue on PS5 using a PS4 copy of H3 whereby the PS5 upgrade is only playable with the PS4 version installed?

Oct 29, 2017
Despite the transfer site saying I have 0 mastery on select levels, my 100% mastery on all levels but the last dlc level (which I never played) successfully carried over.

Now: do I wait for the free level transfer on PC, start playing 3 and not worry about it for now, or buy it and just get through that last DLC level...

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are there no specific challenges for Master difficulty anymore? I just did a SASO Sniper run on Master difficulty on Dubai but none of the challenges in the 'The Classics' category have a difficulty attached to them. I thought they did in Hitman 2. Or am I misremembering this?

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Okay guys, I contacted the epic game store support because I can't access the hitman 1 levels unless I buy them for 30 bucks. Even tho I have the goty edition in my goddamn library. Epic game store support told my I would have to buy it or I would not be able to access them. I told them even if I didn't own the game already, it should be free. Any ideas on who I might contact for this issues? Support Cleary doesn't know and I don't blame them. Confusing enough as it is.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
well I finally managed to link accounts and it says no registered games. I own all three. on the same fucking platform. So it's not fixed.
went onto my ps4 just to *remind* them about my progress and it did seem to find my mastery level but lots of the mission mastery levels are wrong. figured I'll take a few hours of progress hit rather than spend another pissing day trying to sort this out. this used to be one of my favourite developers, but can't say I'll ever buy an io game at launch again. when I got hitman 2 I spent ages trying to get my hitman 1 progress over and failed, cba with the game thinking i need to do the ICA tutorial a third time.

There was absolutely no way to transfer progress from Hitman 1 to 2.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Are there no specific challenges for Master difficulty anymore? I just did a SASO Sniper run on Master difficulty on Dubai but none of the challenges in the 'The Classics' category have a difficulty attached to them. I thought they did in Hitman 2. Or am I misremembering this?

Thought the same thing when I played H2, but I'm pretty sure there were never any challenges tied to the highest difficulty

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
One question regarding PC. The game looks like it has some kind of sharpening filter or something, the rdges look too sharp and with artifacts. Is it a setting?

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Anyone has the same experience in level 3 with the music when you stand on the dance floor that it makes your headset "crackle"? Is this part of the game or the shitty PS5 3D audio with the headset? I know the bass is really low in that one. Sound on TV seems fine.

Don't want this game to ruin my headset....

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hitman 3 giving me those endorphins this morning - finally booted up the game to 2 1/2 minutes of 345 achievement points unlocked by pressing the A button thanks to transfer of progress. Oooooh yeah.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I'm encountering a bug in one of Dubai's mission stories.

I'm doing the Assassin mission story, and have to present the picture of the journalist to the assistant so she'll lead me up to the penthouse. However, she's standing behind the desk and after the dialogue ends, she says "follow me" but never leads me up. She just goes back to the behind the desk animation. Anyone else encounter this? Anyone know any fixes?

JJDubz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have tried digging up information but have failed.

Should I not get any progression from Hitman 1 played within Hitman 2 moved into Hitman 3 (PC Steam to EGS)?

goodness this is complex lol

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I know there are countless server issues and general issues with the game but getting placed on the leaderboard as #19 out of like only 400 on PS5 reminded me of Hitman 2s launch and sub 1000 players in the first few weeks.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought these were a great way to ease you into the game. Seems like there are a lot of options where you can deviate on subsequent playthroughs.

Yeah it really does. Berlin was a very fun map. I do think the first two will be great as well tbh, just have to go out of your way to avoid the easy path I guess

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
short answer: yes. If you stay on the same platform family.
Yes. Just boot up Hitman 3 and when selecting a level from 1 or 2 you will be prompted with a free purchase of the specific Access Pack. There are some issues with the Hitman 1 Access Pack not showing up for free for some users, but a solution is posted above.

Thanks to both. Also found another workaround.
Go to Manage game and add ons for hitman 3 and wait for it to load. They'll appear there also.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I'm doing the Assassin mission story, and have to present the picture of the journalist to the assistant so she'll lead me up to the penthouse. However, she's standing behind the desk and after the dialogue ends, she says "follow me" but never leads me up. She just goes back to the behind the desk animation. Anyone else encounter this? Anyone know any fixes?
I've had this happen to me as well. After talking to her you can just go up the stairs and towards your target.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story with SA on every mission, what a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. I'd have been fine with just "more of the same", but they weaved the narrative into the mission stories so well this time. The "correct" way to play Mendoza is a magnificent experience, and I'm itching to mess around even more with that area.

I wonder what they'll do for Elusive Target rewards this time around, as you earn the level suit with gloves for hitting Mastery 20.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, I completed the 2nd mission and then went back to the first and have completed it about 7 different ways, and also doing things like unlocking shortcuts and opening elevator doors. I beat it the first time in 35 minutes but I've went back and spend another 3 hours on the 1st level.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't look like it, the whole classics page seems way easier now since it's just tied to a number of SASO completions.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they simplified the classic challenges. I never really bothered with completing all of them since I rarely switch difficulties from Professional. Though it was a good excuse to play on Master.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

I had something Similar, but it let me go up to the target and start the next part of dialogue.

ive had a couple of times where characters get stuck, Throwing something near them made them investigate and then return to working again