• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the site just seems broken for me now. None of the xbox hitman 1 stuff people are posting here is working for me either, it's showing up for $40.

Think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and do an initial run of the levels. 14 hours after the game went live, lol.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, everything finally moved over in Hitman 3. Surprised they didn't remove the tranq guns like they did the exploding cellphone. Tranq guns were super broken and all the streamers just used those for elusives and escalations.

Figured out the issues I was having with the game looking low resolution in parts, had variable shader quality on which was like a DLSS? Turning that off fixed that and made things look sharp again.

Also the game has some weak AA, so turning on super-sampling to even just 1.10 helps smooth it out a lot.

But man, the game has pretty rough performance compared to Hitman 2 (2080ti) and everything too dark or washed out on my non-HDR monitor. Feels like another case of HDR ruining it for everyone playing on non-HDR tvs/monitors. I tried Paris and could barely see in the dark museum rooms and the performance seemed half what it was. I can't imagine adding RTX on top of this. Game doesn't really look any better from my untrained eye to be worth the huge dip in performance from the earlier games.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Looks like it was true, I've just logged in now and all the missing items have been added although it did reset my Mastery again but I only just finished Dubai so I can deal with that.
FINALLY my carryover is complete. All the missing items and suits are back. Only weird thing is that I had to create a desktop shortcut because for some reason I can't launch the game from the EGS library since it's stuck on "Update", and it doesn't update at all!
Any chance either of you got the suits/items from the Requiem Blood Money pack added to your inventory? Trying to figure out if those will carry over or not.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know IOI is a relatively small independent studio launching a humongous game in the middle of a pandemic but also god I'm bummed that I'm just sitting here NOT playing Hitman 3 because I'm waiting on IOI to put out server fires and process transfer requests. I almost wish I just decided to just start fresh but now I can't because I'm scared if I play any Hitman 3 I'll just lose all that progress once my profile finally does get fully transferred over.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Having the same issue with Hitman 1 content, currently reinstalling it and it's still failing to pop up in Manage Games and Apps on Series X. Website down. Progression transfer still hasn't happened after 3+ hours.

This should have been staggered and/or available in advance. Really disappointing launch.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Do I need to do a progress carry-over to get bonus suits I have from H1 and/or H2?

I don't have actual progress on H2 but would like to be able to use some suits I have from H1 and H2 as bonus content.

Feb 5, 2018
Wait can i use a dualsense on PC for this? I'd go out and buy one immediately since the controllers exist lol.

Unless there are no actual drivers for the unique features

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Wow first level was amazing, ended up just going a mission story but it was so cinematic and well done. Did IO add blood splatter on bullet kills? Looks gruesome either way

Presentation so far really is a notch above 1 and 2.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't been keeping up on this thread but thought I had my progression carried over to Hitman 3, it shows my appropriate level mastery and overall level, but none of my unlocked inventory is available?!?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
SA'ed Dartmoor and Berlin. Loving all the new gimmicks.

I'll have to redo Dartmoor though, as I was searching for more clues some asshole poisoned the target before I could reveal my findings, haha.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do you.need to play the first two games to play this one? Or are the first two games levels included? I'll be playing on ps5

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
My left and right triggers don't work on my Series X controller on the PC version via bluetooth. I've tried updating the controller firmware, making sure my windows is up to date, re-pairing them. Guess I'll just play with mouse and keyboard for now.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
Every bit of pre-Hitman 3 content is listed as "Downloading: 9%" in my menu. It's been that way forever and there's no indication that anything is actually being downloaded. In the game's data management it lists all the various Hitman 3 missions and then all 4 access passes, but that's it. Total install size on my Xbox is 61.9GB. What's going on?

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
How can I unlock the Hitman 1 and 2 levels in Hitman 3 if I had the others on PS4 and HM3 on PS5?

I don't give a shit about progression, just the levels.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Aha! My gear all finally carried over, happy days!

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do you.need to play the first two games to play this one? Or are the first two games levels included? I'll be playing on ps5
Never mind. Found this thread

www.resetera.com

HITMAN 3 - Pre-launch Guide [Getting Hitman 1&2 levels into 3]

As Hitman 3 is allowing you to play the levels from the first two games if you have them, there's a lot of information on how you get what that can be a little confusing. Io have released a guide around what gets you what when it comes to Hitman 3, as well as going into details on progression...

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I got hitman 1 and 2 and never got around to playing them so I'm starting from scratch with 3 and im only on Italy from Hitman 1 and this is great. Feel like im in for a real treat if it just gets better.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I just checked after finishing Berlin and it was all there! Mastery levels were unlocked from the beginning.

Good, so long as I don't have to take any further action for it to eventually work.

Now the game is disconnecting from the online server and booted me out after a couple failed retries.

Reminds me why I rarely bother with games on day 1.

Edit: after booting me out it's been loading for 4 minutes, hope when it comes back all my items have carried over and it works from here on out.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, just booted the game to see if progress had happened to sync since the site is dead and it had. Finally.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm not playing tonight then. And I don't have a big chunk of free time until next Monday evening. Nice.

AleeN634

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IO really went all out with the Dartmoor murder mystery. Linking together all the clues was great.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
really wish they hadn't made it so the carryover process wipes your hitman 3 progress. i'd happily be tooling around in hitman 3 more if i didn't have to wait for the site to bloody work to get my old shit in here

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Only 3 mission stories kinda sucks. I feel like there was at least 4-5 in the old ones.
They don't actually have fewer 'stories', they just moved them off of being explicitly breadcrumbed mission stories into things that get revealed and develop more organically. It's a really, really great change I think. There was a bit of a gulf between explicitly-designed paths and more sandboxy pathing in 1 and 2, I think—so far this game really bridges the middle distance in a nice way.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will admit the HDR is really disappointing. If you have your ps5 set correctly its seemingly impossible to set the gamma low enough to make the image near invisible on the setup.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I think everything is finally in order with my game, although the Requiem pack hasn't shown up. Anyone else's still missing it?
I have yet to see anyone say they have the Requiem suit/items, which is a little odd because IOI included them for free within H2 through the H1 Legacy Pack. I'm beginning to think it was an unintended oversight and hopefully we'll get them again via a server-side update or via a patch.