Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get up to Mastery 20 on Hokkaido and they totally made (Not) Malpractice way harder to get. All of the doctors outside of the surgeons room have white outfits instead of the blue surgeon outfits which allow you to get into the surgery room to finish the deed.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So um... Is this in the same canon as Blood Money, or is '16 and this a full reboot?

Because honestly

If Blood Money is canon here, the Delgado Family just cannot catch a fucking break.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Been trying to get up to Mastery 20 on Hokkaido and they totally made (Not) Malpractice way harder to get. All of the doctors outside of the surgeons room have white outfits instead of the blue surgeon outfits which allow you to get into the surgery room to finish the deed.
The only way I figured out how to get a surgeon's outfit without the start location is to crouch behind the stem cell pump in the stem cell room as a bodyguard. Only one male surgeon will be able to see you trespassing there, so you can crouch just long enough for him to come check it out without getting suspicious immediately. Then coin him into the empty stairwell behind you.

It's a bummer that they took out the surgeon at the end of the Jason Portman opportunity though.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
I had this same bug but when I was dressed as Ted Mendez. Receptionist told me to head up the stairs on the right but every time I got near the suspicion sound started up and they'd try and kill me.
Quitting to menu seemed to do the trick. Restarting the mission seems to keep some bugs in place.

Quitting out to the menu and retrying worked! Thanks!

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Even Absolution? Yeesh, at least it wasn't DmC levels of bad in terms of plot.

Anyway, I suppose their budget went somewhere here. It's refreshing to hear proper accents and language again this time after '16 went Full-MGS3 with the voice-acting.

Yeah, when you get the montage after the ICA training stuff that sort of fast forwards you see reference to one of the kills from Absolution also one of the characters in Hokkaido last name is "Dexter" the villain from Absolution so I'm guessing he is some relation to him.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Even Absolution? Yeesh, at least it wasn't DmC levels of bad in terms of plot.

Anyway, I suppose their budget went somewhere here. It's refreshing to hear proper accents and language again this time after '16 went Full-MGS3 with the voice-acting.

oh yeah, that's what i absolutely love, the properly accented voice acting! It adds so much to the immersion. And it looks like according to the credits they 100% bothered getting actual actors from the various areas to do the accents which is fantastic.

There's still a lot of very US bodyguards though but hey whatever

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, keeps crashing at this same part. Don't want to have to re-install, data caps ruin everything.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
In Miama, does anyone know what the deal is with McInnis and

the yakuza intel? You can't disguise yourself as McInnis, though I thought maybe you could use it to provoke him or something.

So many little details...

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
I played the first few missions of the last game as they launched, and had a somewhat bad time.

Played a few missions in this game, and the iteration has helped my experience quite a bit. Shooting is still very bad, but I am having fun where the first game was more frustrating.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
So it says the game is free on steam? Is that like just the Hitman 1 stuff in the hitman 2 engine or something?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I played the first few missions of the last game as they launched, and had a somewhat bad time.

Played a few missions in this game, and the iteration has helped my experience quite a bit. Shooting is still very bad, but I am having fun where the first game was more frustrating.
It's sort of the Mirror's Edge thing where the shooting of anything that's not a slow, carefully lined up shot is supposed to be clumsy and unreliable since getting in a frantic gunfight means you messed up somewhere.

If you're having trouble, I'd recommend doing whatever you can to not fire an unsilenced gun since every loud gunshot will just bring more armed guards and cause the targets to retreat into more fortified locations.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's sort of the Mirror's Edge thing where the shooting of anything that's not a slow, carefully lined up shot is supposed to be clumsy and unreliable since getting in a frantic gunfight means you messed up somewhere.

If you're having trouble, I'd recommend doing whatever you can to not fire an unsilenced gun since every loud gunshot will just bring more armed guards and cause the targets to retreat into more fortified locations.
A more apt comparision might be classic Splinter Cell. You could shoot but they weren't shooters. The controls and gameplay encouraged careful steady single shots. Getting into gunfights felt terrible to control.

Hitman is not designed to be a shooter. You can go on a rampage if you want, but its shooting mechanics emphasize headshots and precise shots, rather than the action approach

Last edited:

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the free base to play the 2016 maps I already own, are there significant improvements between playing them on the old game vs playing them in the new game?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
A more apt comparision might be classic Splinter Cell. You could shoot but they weren't shooters. The controls and gameplay encouraged careful steady single shots. Getting into gunfights felt terrible to control.

Hitman is not designed to be a shooter. You can go on a rampage if you want, but its shooting mechanics emphasize headshot and precise shots, rather than the action approach
That's a much better comparison, I was really struggling to come up with another game like that. The other one I thought of was early Resident Evil titles, but those have clumsy shooting controls to evoke an entirely different emotion.

I'm using the free base to play the 2016 maps I already own, are there significant improvements between playing them on the old game vs playing them in the new game?
Gameplay-wise, very little. However, it's still a good idea since if you ever decide to get the season 2 maps, you'll be able to use your season 1 unlocks on them (and vice versa), and IO will likely rerun old elusive targets for those maps exclusively on the Hitman 2 client.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
In ICA Facility, the last challenge remaining for me is "Complete five Escalations". This means five out of all Escalations across all levels, right?

Didn't see if anyone answered this, but you just need to complete five Escalations. The game is only looking for them to be completed: it doesn't matter where.

Unless the game specifics an Escalation by name, it's not location specific. The game has three Escalations that come with unique unlocks, and they're associated with the GOTY DLC.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't presented the master bedroom yet...

Present the master bedroom.

He finally just decides "screw it" and goes all in and still gets away with it.

Also, question about that:
I'm missing one presentable room. Don't think you can present the front yard or attic. What am I missing?

You can present the attic.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This might spoil something for the game, but seeing as the game is available for everyone...

Has anything been found in the game regarding Assassination Race yet?

The_Balm

Dec 10, 2017
Also, question about that:
I'm missing one presentable room. Don't think you can present the front yard or attic. What am I missing?

Have you tried
The garage or upstairs hallway?

Gameplay-wise, very little. However, it's still a good idea since if you ever decide to get the season 2 maps, you'll be able to use your season 1 unlocks on them (and vice versa), and IO will likely rerun old elusive targets for those maps exclusively on the Hitman 2 client.
Everything you unlock in Hitman 1 has to be unlocked again in Hitman 2 FYI.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
So after playing the tutorial level I jumped into the coop sniper mode with an eager friend...we've been playing this one level for the past 2+ hours over and over again

It is SO much fun. I hope they make more of these levels, have they said they are planning to?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So after playing the tutorial level I jumped into the coop sniper mode with an eager friend...we've been playing this one level for the past 2+ hours over and over again

It is SO much fun. I hope they make more of these levels, have they said they are planning to?

Each expansion is getting one, so there's atleast two more.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not seeing an anti-aliasing option in the menus. What gives? Game looks great on ultra settings, but still getting some bad jagged edges.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Striker is super disappointing to use now that it sounds like any other handgun. Really hope they change it back.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

Two are planned via DLC expansions, but someone on the Hitman Discord said that a third, free map is planned, but I haven't heard IO talk about the rollout of anything with that mode aside from "we're planning more".

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018

But even taking out the cameras in the tutorial with no threat, just small movements with the sticks with this game are terrible. It's very poorly tuned, and if that is done intentionally, that is a bad decision.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
getting an increasingly more elaborate ICA patch you can't fucking show anyone i think is an inherently hilarious concept

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
how do you get Sierra to drink the chili shots?
You have to challenge her as Moses Lee for her to accept.

I completed "The Tree Falls on The Apple" challenge in Miami and it's was sadistically hilarious, I felt kinda bad I laughed.
You knock Robert Knox onto the race track by disrupting his satellite. You can find the dongle in his office. When he says "There's my Sierra, knock him off the platform and he'll land on Sierra's car and she's spin out and crash and burn. Double kill, head to the exit.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Was bad at making time for starting this tonight, but I did the first mission.

I'm a fool who thought the gas would go through the house so I chloroformed an empty bathroom after knocking out folks on the roof. Then I just "tactically" blasted her through a window on the roof, panicked and knocked out more people who came up, dropped off the roof and stealthily made my way out.

Is there a way to sort challenges? Or am I just having a glitch? Because how they're displaying for me is a mess. The Classics on the first level is... "The Classics" (Pro), "Silent Assassin, Suit Only" (Master), "The Classics" (Casual), "Sniper Assassin" (Pro), "Silent Assassin, Suit Only" (Casual), "Shiper Assassin" (Master), "The Classics" (Master), "No Evidence" (Pro), "Silent Assassin, Suit Only" (Pro), "No Evidence" (Casual), and so on, and so on.

There's like 0 order to the difficulties when things repeat, there's no pattern to which things repeat when to begin with, it's just arbitrarily completely unorganized. There's no way this can possibly be intentional, right?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to play through Miami, and I will say, emphatically, that turning off missions guides is the way to go - or at the least, turn the 'pips' off for the first few 'familiarize yourself' playthroughs.

It changes the game from 'explore and figure out cool shit' to 'follow the A-B-C' guidelines of something like Fallout 4 - definitely lessened my enjoyment of finding out stuff.

Definitely gonna turn that off for finishing up Miami to hit mastery 20, as well as the other new levels.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I will never ever get tired of whipping items at people's heads in these games. Its like just golden slapstick comedy every time.