Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Up in my cocina is probably one of my favorite songs on Sr3mm but hearing ad lib's like "I'm chinky" will never not make me laugh. I should go on genius and see how fans are trying to dance around that one.

RedEye

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How come many of you lame-ass Nav haters try to clown him, but then still admit some of his shit is dope? It's like you secretly love him, but you're too afraid to admit it. Stop jumping on hate wagons and start thinking freely.

Ohh, I see. I'm German, so I don't know every US slur.

I like nav i just dont' think Carti is worse than him. But opinions.

And the ad libs really make this is America for me. They're really well placed

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Nav is that bad, on record at least. Didn't dude produce back 2 back? I know people are extra strong in talking shit about his performance at Coachella last year.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, it was Nav's first performance at such a huge crowd. IIRC, the Weeknd had some pretty bad early shows, till he found his footing in a live space.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
hT4wnl1.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Up in my cocina is probably one of my favorite songs on Sr3mm but hearing ad lib's like "I'm chinky" will never not make me laugh. I should go on genius and see how fans are trying to dance around that one.
I got you fam:

A double entendre on the word 'chink'.

Chink can be used as an onomatopoeia to imitate a high-pitched ringing sound. The chains swinging as Swae walks would result in such a noise being produced – especially considering that an integral part of Swae Lee's trend-setting aesthetic is extravagant jewelry.

Chink is also a derogatory term used to refer to people of Chinese ethnicity. The blinding sunlight causes Swae to squint, thus making his eyes appear smaller, or as he refers to it, 'chinky.' He has also confirmed that he is of mixed heritage: black and Asian, or 'Blasian.'

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Navs personality and head shape reminds me of a potato

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Rappers love being racist. Damn shame it gets swept under the rug tho. Even if Swae is mixed, using the word "chinky" has been the most overused shit from rappers since forever. Meh.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
i'll just keep listening to rock n roll hall of fame. no racial slurs there.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Detail out here trying to sexually abuse Jessie Reyez, Bebe Rexha, and Tinashe and rape other women SMFH

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rappers love being racist. Damn shame it gets swept under the rug tho. Even if Swae is mixed, using the word "chinky" has been the most overused shit from rappers since forever. Meh.

If it's not that, it's "looking like I'm Chinese" or something like that. Honestly, it doesn't bother me but it's so clearly racist that it's shocking that more people don't say something.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not that, it's "looking like I'm Chinese" or something like that. Honestly, it doesn't bother me but it's so clearly racist that it's shocking that more people don't say something.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the Gook title from Denzel. But then again I really have no tolerance for that stuff even if that word means something else to Florida natives (apparently). Then as soon as I saw Jew with that cover art I knew this dude was on some weird shit. But people here thought that shit was hard anyway, lol. So. You're right. Nobody is gonna care.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ten year anniversary of Suge getting KTFO today folks
suge_1.jpg

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the Gook title from Denzel. But then again I really have no tolerance for that stuff even if that word means something else to Florida natives (apparently). Then as soon as I saw Jew with that cover art I knew this dude was on some weird shit. But people here thought that shit was hard anyway, lol. So. You're right. Nobody is gonna care.

I'm not mad at the artists because in most cases these are uneducated and underprivileged who don't know any better. it's the fucking woke ass twitter audience getting all up in artists or other people's faces the second they say something problematic but then say nothing when their favorite rappers or artists say shit. People only say shit when it's convenient to do so which is my only beef. I just wish people would be consistent with it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Gambino really does nothing for me without the music video. Could've at least included the gunshots in the song version.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's up there. 400 Degreez has aged really well in general. I really didn't like Mannie Fresh's production in his heyday but it's grown on me tremendously over the years to the point where he's one of my favorites now. Big Tymers is great too. Get Your Roll On bangs

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Beats by the pound did a lot of no limit stuff from that era too, great production. That's one of those things though, pick any era of music/genre of music and there's a grip of great engineers and producers behind it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Its that dorky haircut that really fucks with nav. Yeah hes got a bit of a chubby face but the bowlcut ain't helping matters with his potatohead lol

Status
Not open for further replies.