Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
https://www.videogamer.com/news/hideki-kamiya-has-ideas-about-how-devil-may-cry-5-should-be-made

Devil May Cry 5 is reportedly in development, and series creator Hideki Kamiya has added his two pence as to how he feels Capcom should take the next chapter in the celebrated hack-'n-slash franchise.

Writing on Twitter, Kamiya-san, who fronted the original Devil May Cry and also cut his teeth on the likes of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2, said that Dante's next demon-killing adventure should take a leaf out of God of War's book. He suggests Capcom should plump for a 'full model change' and perhaps move away from its anime-inspired roots.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Third person character-shoulder perspective, being able to switch between first and third person, no style-indicator (terrifies new players) etc.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well when it is revealed then I can judge what's good in it's changes I guess.

He mentioned cinematic style action which is good.

Oct 25, 2017

Just a note re: all the dumb articles saying that's what he 'wants' out of the new DMC. He was just floating the idea out there.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
They got burned with the reception of DmC, they won't try anything too drastic with DMC5.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
imagine a DMC game with god of war graphics/models *Drools

i want them to work on the level design more than anything, a souls like level design is what the franchise need imo

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda weird that Kamiya thinks new GOW looks great when it makes some people concern about "walking simulator" gameplay

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like he's describing DmC, really. Or maybe he's suggesting a new model different from DMC and DmC...
dMc?

Edit: Oh, he thinks they can make it more cinematic? Well that's an interesting idea, but I think it'd piss off some fans.

Last edited:

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I find it very weird he cares about global trends and market data yet the company he works at has made games that are beloved but don't sell ever since it was called Clover. Maybe I'm reading too into it but I don't see how changing DMC into anything that doesn't immediately resemble DMC is a good idea.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Bayo 3 is going to be "realistic, cinematic action game"?

*gif of puzzled spinning emoji*
Bayonetta is more deeply rooted in bizarre and outlandish gameplay and story to take that approach. I'm expecting Bayo 3 to shake some things up but to maintain that core foundation.

I find it very weird he cares about global trends and market data yet the company he works at has made games that are beloved but don't sell ever since it was called Clover.
Even that's a stretch. Has Kamiya ever directed a game that sold more than 3 million copies aside from Resident Evil 2?

Last edited:

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamiya is one of the finest shitposter troll in the industry, please don't take him seriously.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I find it very weird he cares about global trends and market data yet the company he works at has made games that are beloved but don't sell ever since it was called Clover. Maybe I'm reading too into it but I don't see how changing DMC into anything that doesn't immediately resemble DMC is a good idea.

A good professional keeps track of the latest trends in their industry.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A cohesive, connected world would get me on board.

Additionally, more RPG mechanics would be lovely. DMC meets Souls would be excellent.

But this is all meaningless anyway, since Itsuno is working on Dragon's Dogma 2 instead of DMC5...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see DMCV lean into anime even more if anything. Go full Kill la Kill / OPM with it. :P

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Dark Souls-like DMC wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But the genre might be too crowded to try something like this, and come like same old shit to most players. I'd most likely welcome it since I can't enough of those games.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
God I certainly hope not. The new God of War looks boring as fuck. I come to these games for fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping action. Maybe I'm misreading Kamiya's comment.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
At the core of his message, all Kamiya is saying is that DMC needs a shake up of it's formula and not rely on past tropes for the sake of it. I know for a fact every fan agrees in general because if Capcom rolls out DMCV and it looks like DMC4.5 everyone be very disappointed in it.

If people don't like the example of God of War, then the same message can still be seen in Monster Hunter World (Release Date: 26th Jan, everyone should buy it) where the team kept the core of monster hunter while making big and small changes to everything else.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If by disaster you mean a great game then sure. Don't see how a "disaster" sells over 2 million copies and gets an 85 grade on Metacritic.

Ah yes cuz a game's quality is reflected by the sales and the metacritic scores.

DmC was rubbish and it killed this series for the time being. No amount of defense force that you do in each DMC releated threads will change that.

Disaster is an understatement when it comes to DmC.