• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Out now.
Steam

A fighting game about sword dueling, in which the blades really clash using physics, and the characters use motion captured fencing techniques. Play as one of many 17th century warriors and use sabers, rapiers, broadswords and many other blades in single player campaign, arcade, or local multiplayer with friends.

• physical Sword Fighting using Active Ragdolls
  • super realistic, motion captured fencing animations
  • beautiful 3d scanned graphics

Hellish Quart uses active ragdolls and all damage your blade can do is calculated with realtime physics. Four gamepad buttons represent 4 attack angles. Different button combinations give special attacks and combos. If you are not attacking, your character will automatically try to hold guard against your opponent's attacks. The blades really block each other and that's what's keeping you alive. To win, you must use proper timing, measure, technique, speed and wits - just like when fencing in the real world.

Hellish Quart has a historical setting. The game takes place in 17th century Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. The character models are made using 3D scanned clothes, based on fashion from the period, and the single player campaign (when done!) will be firmly rooted in realities of life in the region. You will duel Zaporozhian Cossacks, Polish Hussars, Tatars, Turkish Janissaries, Swedish Reiters, French Musketeers and more.

----------------------------------------------
Just found out about this game today and gave the demo a try and it feels really good. One mistake can get you killed. I saw there was an older thread on it but didn't want to bump it. It's an indie game made by one person so I hope eventually he gets online play in there instead of the remote play option he has now. But it's worth giving the download a try.

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Looks interesting, thanks for sharing. I`m going to try out the demo.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
holy shit this is a dream game

I don't normally like or play Early Access games but this might be hard to ignore.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Just against AI the combat feels so good. The way the swords clash and bounce off each other and the animations combo into one another make it soi satisfying. Why can't we have combat this good in other genres. =(

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
THis looks interesting. I hope it makes it to Xbox with online play. It looks more difficult than BB because wounds don't appear to affect movement, disable arms or knock you to one knee. (Difficult as in one shot will kill you, not the struggle of rolling around on the ground in BB with your arms and legs knackered hoping you can pop up for one last strike.)

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
This is out now in Early Access:
store.steampowered.com

Hellish Quart on Steam

A physics-based, realistic, 3D sword dueling game set in the 17th century. Currently, it features an arcade mode, survival mode, modern HEMA mode, duels vs. AI, wooden weapons sparring, and a local multiplayer mode. Optional VR mode. Early Access.

Looking forward to picking it up later today.

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
Anyone around here playing this at all? Bought it about a week ago and have been having a lot of fun. I'm not a fighting game guy at all but something about a super realistic sword fighting game appeals to me. Never played Bushido Blade but may have to check it out if it's like this. Would be cool to see a big RPG with combat similar to this.