• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I gave up on my spiteful priest that began as a netdeck I modified a bit and just went with a netdeckier one that I only removed one amber spell for a cabal shadow priestess. The first one was too slow, countess ashmore with that iffy life steal three drop, no primordial in favor of the 4/9 heal dragon. I'm still not sure if I should even bother with that or stay with spiteful Druid.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
This new Ben Brode Q&A video is pretty informative. I knew that they design sets well in advance of release, but was surprised to find out that at any given time, they have three sets in different stages of the design process (QA, Final Design, Initial Design).

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
This new Ben Brode Q&A video is pretty informative. I knew that they design sets well in advance of release, but was surprised to find out that at any given time, they have three sets in different stages of the design process (QA, Final Design, Initial Design).

"Hall of Fame happens once a year" well, I can live with 12 more months of divine favor in the game... :(

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

I love Ben Brode so much <3

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's a cool video, that the hyperkinetic editing, combine the always with hyperkinetic Brode almost gave me a headache. 15 minutes long, and not one second to breath :P

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Bearshark is such a good card.

200px-Bearshark%2861827%29.png

Deck is starting to take shape. Comments? Thinking of crafting Kathrena Winterwisp... but still considering Baku.

### Krush Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Dire Mole
# 2x (1) Elven Archer
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
# 1x (1) Shieldbearer
# 2x (1) Timber Wolf
# 1x (2) Grievous Bite
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Bearshark
# 1x (3) Cave Hydra
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Houndmaster
# 2x (4) Wing Blast
# 1x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAR8I4gb4CO0JhsMC3tICi+ECi+UCt/ECC40BqAKFA7UD3gTrB4EKicMC180C3O4CyfgCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just played quest rogue vs quest priest... this guy struggled so hard to try to win. I wasn't even really thinking my gameplan through after quest. I had a huge value hand and even though my mimic pods were complete shit I had valeera and 2 vanishes left so I was never going to run out of threats.

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload...rce=hdt&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=replay

The last turn I even misplayed by playing 2 minstrels instead of the charge minion lol. Play order hah.

Oct 25, 2017
Brode has talked about replacing the cards HOFd in the classic set before but has never named anything specific. In that video he mentioned Shatter. Please for the love of god do that

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brode has talked about replacing the cards HOFd in the classic set before but has never named anything specific. In that video he mentioned Shatter. Please for the love of god do that
I feel like Dragon's Fury should become part of the Classic set. It would forever provide an anchor for the Big Spell Mage archetype, and it doesn't cause any problems.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
# 1x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Houndmaster
# 2x (4) Wing Blast
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (9) King Krush

Why not 2 Highmanes? Definitely worth crafting a second if you only have one.

Unleash the hounds is probably a good alternative to Voodoo Doll for removal, in that it also synergizes with Hyena and can go face if need be.

I haven't found a good target for Dire Frenzy, let me know if you find something consistently works for you.

If you go Baku then the entire deck changes. Losing highmanes and houndmasters totally changes the nature of the deck to face hunter.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017

Would be a smart idea. Eventually the classic set is going to contain only garbage cards if they don't start replacing cards.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Those goofy card designs are hilarious. It'd be fun to see some of that goofy stuff in a brawl some time. Or even in an 'unglued' type expansion, though it would have to be roped off from the 'actual' game somehow.

Kind of reminds me, every once in a while I wish Hearthstone would 'loosen up' a bit more and give us a 'sandbox' mode where you could have custom games that let you change deck card limits, mix class cards, etc.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Went against coin spiteful into tyrantus into another spirtful into deathwing.

That's enough hearthstone for the day. Fun card.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am playing a Togwaggle deck, and currently have a 20% win rate, but having fun.

The one person I beat was spamming "Well Played" before I switched decks

Oct 25, 2017
Shatter seems okay to include in classic. I really won't like when my opponent RNGs it into their deck in the perfect situation to use it though, but that is more with the RNG generation stuff and less with shatter itself. Since it didn't make a huge impact while it was in standard, that is why they think it's safe to throw back in permanently.

Nah disagree. I don't like making any card permanent that has such deck building restrictions.

And it's against the whole point of standard changing.... like entirely.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Why not 2 Highmanes? Definitely worth crafting a second if you only have one.

Unleash the hounds is probably a good alternative to Voodoo Doll for removal, in that it also synergizes with Hyena and can go face if need be.

I haven't found a good target for Dire Frenzy, let me know if you find something consistently works for you.

If you go Baku then the entire deck changes. Losing highmanes and houndmasters totally changes the nature of the deck to face hunter.

Good point about UtH... Voodoo Doll seemed like a good late game "fuck-you" to clear a big butt/taunter.

I'm starting to run out of dust so that's why no second Highmane, but if the card produces, I'll get another.

Yeah, Dire Frenzy seems like it would be great, but it hasn't done much for me yet. I seem to use it on a stupid minion so far--as in I'm either a turn too late or too early using it.

And Baku's limitations mean I'm probably going to craft Winterwisp, as she seems to be more useful for this deck. But, man, that will be all my dust... so I'm hedging AF as the Baku love seems strong.

EDIT: And someone here said to play Argent Squires over Elven Archers, but I find the Archers to work a bit better.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Even taking into account that the Shudderwock deck was tanking winrates, Shaman is still pretty bad. People got so enveloped in Shudderwock that they lost sight of the fact that Shaman got mostly bad cards overall again this expansion.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Had a hilarious brawl game where I (playing Mage) got bailed out by picking Illuminator (2/4 healif you have a secret) when I was low on life and it healed me out of range of a Hunter lethal for long enough for me to kill him a turn later.

Still annoying how long it takes to get games done in this mode. The idesis good but in practice it's so slow.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
Ignore shudderwock. Even shaman is legit I am told.

It good, it's a worse even Pally but that's still good.

Even taking into account that the Shudderwock deck was tanking winrates, Shaman is still pretty bad. People got so enveloped in Shudderwock that they lost sight of the fact that Shaman got mostly bad cards overall again this expansion.

Didn't Ben Brode or some dev say that Shaman was getting "above average spells"?

Cause 2/3 of the spells are below average.

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Quest warrior loaded up his board with two armorsmiths, acolyte of pain, and the 2/2 gain armor per enemy guy but didn't have the mana to whirlwind/ping. I had two clerics on board with my ele taunt, healed it up for two card draws to get a full hand.

Mossy horror. Sacrifices have to be made sometimes.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is zola really needed for quest rogue? I want to try that deck but I don't really want to craft her

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just played 20 games as Tempo mage at Rank 3 and I've faced 9 Druids and 1 Warlock... Of course I'm sure as soon as I switch to a different deck I'll start seeing Warlocks again.

Oct 25, 2017
is zola really needed for quest rogue? I want to try that deck but I don't really want to craft her

It's not as important as sonya but it's a very solid card nonetheless. There are situations where having additional copies of cards is very good, like if you vanish you're getting more and more fuel. I'm not sure how important the card is. Funny though someone just asked ryzen on stream what to replace zola with and he said he doesn't know. Was that you? Hah. My answer is the same.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not as important as sonya but it's a very solid card nonetheless. There are situations where having additional copies of cards is very good, like if you vanish you're getting more and more fuel. I'm not sure how important the card is. Funny though someone just asked ryzen on stream what to replace zola with and he said he doesn't know. Was that you? Hah. My answer is the same.

not at all, lol. I can't even access twitch at work :(

It's just that making a single legendary card for this deck doesn't look like a bright idea, guess I'll play a bit of it to test it, I assume you and ryzen were using this list, right?

Oct 25, 2017
not at all, lol. I can't even access twitch at work :(

It's just that making a single legendary card for this deck doesn't look like a bright idea, guess I'll play a bit of it to test it, I assume you and ryzen were using this list, right?

No, no fire fly/igneous.

### Quest rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 2x (1) Wax Elemental
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Mimic Pod
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (6) Vanish
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAECAaIHBIbCAoDTAs/hAsPqAg3EAZwC7QKfA80DiAXUBYYJl8EC/MECx9MC2+MC9uwCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Apparently you can cut saps for FOK for odd paladin but I haven't had much success there in either case.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
The brawl is so boring for me cuz most of the time I have to wait our opponent choosing something. Luckily I played mage and got apprentice, ragnaros and onyxia

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Has anyone tried Even Mage? I built one myself with the Spiteful package and it's not half bad. It has lots of Taunts and healing to deal with aggro. Could prob use a bit more late game value though. Any suggestions?

### Even Steven
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Scorp-o-matic
# 2x (2) Stubborn Gastropod
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (4) Arcane Keysmith
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Water Elemental
# 2x (6) Argent Commander
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Pyroblast
#
AAECAf0EAsLOAs30Ag6KAZkCiwPJA78I5sICyccCm8sCvdMC6uYClugC1+sCvuwC9uwCAA==
#

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Ignore shudderwock. Even shaman is legit I am told.

The Shudder combo that toast made is the one that has the class in the bottom, most shamans try to do it, but it is slow, unreliable and bad all around, but people are fools and keep using it, Shudder is a great card and you can make a very good deck with it, it just doesn't need to be your win condition, stil Haghata is way better

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to play quest rogue, I'm one of that people who disagreed with the nerf. But not sure if I wanted to craft Zola and the quest.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
YOU GUYS!
STOP TALKING ABOUT QUEST ROGUE.
NO ONE WANTS THAT.

It good, it's a worse even Pally but that's still good.

Didn't Ben Brode or some dev say that Shaman was getting "above average spells"?

Cause 2/3 of the spells are below average.

Zap and Earthen Might are both really, really above average.
Blazing Invocation is probably below average.

So, 2/3 of the new spells are definitely above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.