Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Yogg was an awful card they should have never created again and they somehow made it even more aggravating

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Not sure what you were expecting. Let's say blizzard caps it at 5 max. After you've opened enough packs to get 5 of each common, do you just get no commons in packs?

Then once you have 5 of each rare is every pack just legendaries and epics?
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Once you hit five of the same card, start handing out different commons.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That shadderwock combo is fucking stupid. Been looking at a 10+ minute turn when I just put my priest hp to 40, he does the combo and Im just dying slowly 3 health from the mosquito battlecry. 7 mana in a row a 1+ minute battlecry is fuxking stupid.

Turned off the game right there and I'm not coming back till this bullshit is fixed. This cannot be as intended. I tweeted Benbrode about it. This is so stupid.

Deathrattle control priest btw. Still had anduin in hand but no fucking use whe n you are looking at yourself slowly dying from 40 health to 0 in 10+ minutes in ONE FUCKING TURN? how??

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really wanted Shudderwock and actually got it from a pack. Not sure if I actually wanna play it though since it seems broken and kinda scumbag with how the interactions play out. I was looking forward to having a good use for Grumble since he was never that great in my elemental/jade shaman deck.

After over a year of Priest and Warlock dominance, I got no problem dropping the 'Wock.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
78 packs
chameleos
Glinda
Toki
Aviana
Golden Splintergraft
Emeriss
Shudderwock
Countess Ashmore

pretty happy with that

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This ain't even a meta thing. Wock being good or not is whatever compared to literally dropping 5-10+ minute turns. That cannot be possible even as a fringe grief deck.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I don't know how you "nerf" this card either. If it could kill itself like Yogg you just wouldn't run any damage dealing battlecries (which everyone is already doing). Would it be to good if the battlecries didn't trigger in a random order but in hero healing/damage first, then everything else.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how you "nerf" this card either. If it could kill itself like Yogg you just wouldn't run any damage dealing battlecries (which everyone is already doing). Would it be to good if the battlecries didn't trigger in a random order but in hero healing/damage first, then everything else.

Limit it to one of each kind of battlecry instead of every single instance

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Again, limit the number of Battlecries to around 10. That's the best way to nerf it IMO.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
make the effect stop when the timer for the turn is out.

the main problem is not how powerful is the card (it is), but how much time it takes for the whole thing to work..stopping it at the timer makes it still powerful, but it doesn't kill a match

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I think the issue isn't that Shudderwock overpowered. People are breaking the game with it right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Quest hunter completed quest on turn 6, still lost by a landslide though lol

Here is my deck:
### Greymane Go Get 'Em
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Drygulch Jailor
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Silver Sword
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAZ8FBtIE+ga5wQLCzgLh8ALN9AIM+wHcA/QFzwavB7EIiMcCyccC+NICt+cClugC9uwCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I have only lost to 1 cubelock. 11-1 or something. I didn't have tracker on for first 10 wins.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Witching Hour and Marsh Drake are solid fits to Recruit Druid. Good 5/4 body to pull from Oaken/Grizzly/Guild and a constant string of Grizzlies from Witching keeps your Astral Tigers fresh on the board.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Limit it to one of each kind of battlecry instead of every single instance
Again, limit the number of Battlecries to around 10. That's the best way to nerf it IMO.
That would help but wouldn't the 10 mana play 9 of these still be super long and boring?
make the effect stop when the timer for the turn is out.

the main problem is not how powerful is the card (it is), but how much time it takes for the whole thing to work..stopping it at the timer makes it still powerful, but it doesn't kill a match
That might do it but then the card would be pretty bad and the random order of battlecries could really screw you.

Probably is too early to complain too much.

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Shudderwock is not the Problem. The Combo is not The Problem or OP since you Need all The pieces. The deck is fine and not broken.

The Problem is The Animation that breaks the game. Blizzard should do something about the animations.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Quest hunter completed quest on turn 6, still lost by a landslide though lol

Here is my deck:
### Greymane Go Get 'Em
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Drygulch Jailor
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Silver Sword
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAZ8FBtIE+ga5wQLCzgLh8ALN9AIM+wHcA/QFzwavB7EIiMcCyccC+NICt+cClugC9uwCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I have only lost to 1 cubelock. 11-1 or something. I didn't have tracker on for first 10 wins.
Thanks I'll take it for a spin.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how they didn't catch the shudderwock issue in testing or if they did, why they thought it was acceptable.

I'm not sure how they can fix it either besides limiting the number of battlecries as others have pointed out.

Fortunately I got in my packs, so I welcome a nerf.

What's the norzdormu interaction with shudderwock?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm really liking Pumpkin Peasant (2/4 lifesteal swap every turn).

Probably one of those cards that end up not making the cut in anything, but you could also just run it in any minion based deck and not be upset.

I'm cutting out Witchwood Imp and Lost Spirit. Those cards probably deserve the science just to be 100% sure they suck, but I hate playing them so much. Surprisingly I just like Mad Hatter and Pumpkin Peasant better right now.

SNES Jr

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure I'll hate Shudderwock a lot more in the coming days/weeks but for now I don't hate his ability. It just needs to sped up significantly. Max out his animation time at like 30 seconds or something.

MrPing1000

Nov 6, 2017
Norn Iron
X48XnhU.png

Played against a dude running this, it kinda works. Might be able to squeeze Ferocious Howl and Mountain Giants into it. Drakkari Enchanter might be overkill (you can get into a situation where both players draw 8 at the end of a turn). Maybe drop it and a wild growth for two giants.

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Well got to play against a shudderwhatever. I think I'm out of Hearthstone for good. Nobody has time for that.

#overreaction

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care if it is super over powered or takes forever. I have no issue instantly conceding against an annoying class.

But last meta I was instantly conceding against almost every class.

Status
Not open for further replies.