Status
Not open for further replies.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't plan for it but I'm just 4 wins from legend thanks to a crazy run w/ raza priest. I'm sure as soon as I lose 2 in a row I'm gonna be discouraged and will give up. Not like there's actually anything innit for me, get reset to rank 15 like everyone else and already have the cardback.

Edit: didn't lose 2 but 4 in a row before getting discouraged.

Last edited:

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Welp, I think I'm done with this game (again).

I kid you not, since the release of the expansion I have not had a single quest that hasn't been 40g. I mean what the fuck is that? Not to mention the ongoing problems with quests not even appearing. I'm bored of the meta and bored of getting rekt by RNG. It wouldn't be so bad but dropping £50 on expansions every 3 months and having this happen is a touch frustrating. I do enjoy the game sometimes but it's getting less and less frequent :(

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Take a break, come back in march (when they announce the new stuff) and wait until mid/late April to craft whatever you consider useful from K&C.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Got legend with Razakus again.

Winrate was around 30-9 with razakus. Had to tried twice, lost to aggro pally, changed to aggro pally and down to rank 1, 0 stars. But then played razakus again and went 6-1 after that.

Final boss was control pally, and I mulligan for aggro. Luckily psychic scream won me the game against N'zoth.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
got a 80g quest I want to get rid of. rahji #2898 EU

edit: done

Last edited:

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
I have a cunning plan to buy all the old adventures for dusting. It should be quite cost effective. Any downsides to this?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a cunning plan to buy all the old adventures for dusting. It should be quite cost effective. Any downsides to this?

you won't be able to enter wild in the future without spending dust...

I mean, there will be a lot of people coming at me after this post saying you don't need those cards, but there are several of those cards that are strong enough to consider keeping, specially when you want to take a break and come back after several expansions released.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as you vocally dislike and have poor experiences with the game, I highly recommended against spending real money on it.

The adventures are decent single player content, but is it even possible to recraft adventure cards after dusting them? At minimum it's a horrible trade ratio.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough, aside from occasionally doing games for quests, dungeon runs have pretty much 100% replaced my time playing ranked games.

That may change once I win with the last class, and it would be nice if you could do quests in them of course.

I mean, yeah, it's fun, but the nagging feeling that I could be earning something in another game mode irks me...haha.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I can kinda understand why that happens. The wording on the minion is starts dormant. It's not a battlecry. Otherwise you might recruit a darkness and it would start at 20/20. Instead it starts dormant even when recruited.

I don't know if faceless is intended to work that way though.
I get that recruit and other ways to cheat it out of hand wouldn't work, but I don't get why faceless manipulator wouldn't work. Faceless Manipulator has always been a 100% complete copy, which should include copying the fact that the candles have been drawn. I don't know of any other situation where it is not a 100% complete copy.

I assume the candles aren't a part of the player's aura, unless you can play a copy of it after the three candles and it doesn't start dormant.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah the faceless manipulator copy must be a bug, The Darkness specifically says it starts dormant, but FM never copied a minion as it started, it copies the minion with buffs and everything included, an exact copy, it should be making a 20/20 minion already awakened.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"starts dormant" is an aura. it's above the battlecry text. when it gets copied you can see it is briefly a 20/20 that then turns into the dormant token.

uxIieg3.png

i think this is the correct interaction. you are summoning a new minion and this minion has text the reads "starts dormant".

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
36 hours ago I was rank 20. right now I'm rank 10... this must be the quickest rank up I've ever had... with my ladder anxiety and all it's remarkable since I don't like to play ranked often at all.

not sure if I could make it to 5...

Levi

Oct 25, 2017
36 hours ago I was rank 20. right now I'm rank 10... this must be the quickest rank up I've ever had... with my ladder anxiety and all it's remarkable since I don't like to play ranked often at all.

You can make it to 5 easy. After about the 16th or so I find the climb to 5 to be trivial, and you're probably better at HS than I am. Those win streak stars make a huge difference. I got from 11 to 5 in a single session in wild a few days ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Got legend with Razakus again.

Winrate was around 30-9 with razakus. Had to tried twice, lost to aggro pally, changed to aggro pally and down to rank 1, 0 stars. But then played razakus again and went 6-1 after that.

Final boss was control pally, and I mulligan for aggro. Luckily psychic scream won me the game against N'zoth.
What rank did you start at? Also wild or standard?

Oct 28, 2017
I uninstalled Hearthstone today. Amazing little game but man is it ever a time sink and a money drain. I just can't justify having this in my life. I spent $100 this expansion and I still didn't get everything that I wanted (admittedly, I wanted a lot and I actually got really lucky - which is another negative because next expansion I could get screwed). Kind of sad to see it go but sometimes you just gotta do what's best for you.

But I'm not posting this to say you all should feel sorry for me. I'm posting it because I want to say that I enjoyed this OT community - it's one of the best I've posted in over the years - and I wish you guys the best of luck. Have fun!

Oct 25, 2017

Depending on the deck, you can absolutely make it to 5... like today. Play Paladin, you'll be 5 in like 2 hours.
I uninstalled Hearthstone today. Amazing little game but man is it ever a time sink and a money drain. I just can't justify having this in my life. I spent $100 this expansion and I still didn't get everything that I wanted (admittedly, I wanted a lot and I actually got really lucky - which is another negative because next expansion I could get screwed). Kind of sad to see it go but sometimes you just gotta do what's best for you.

But I'm not posting this to say you all should feel sorry for me. I'm posting it because I want to say that I enjoyed this OT community - it's one of the best I've posted in over the years - and I wish you guys the best of luck. Have fun!

Hoping I can say the same one day lol.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can make it to 5 easy. After about the 16th or so I find the climb to 5 to be trivial, and you're probably better at HS than I am. Those win streak stars make a huge difference. I got from 11 to 5 in a single session in wild a few days ago.

yeah I'll try to squeeze as many winstreak wins as I can, those make a huge difference to climb to 5.

no, I'm not better than you at HS

But you've been legend before.

yup, but that was like a year resolution and it was a 1 and done, I absolutely hate the ranked grind, mostly the possibility of losing and breaking my streak, it's like making my failure visible and I hate it lol.

although, if they make the end of season fall much softer, I'll probably make a quick grind to 5 each month.

Oct 25, 2017
I get that recruit and other ways to cheat it out of hand wouldn't work, but I don't get why faceless manipulator wouldn't work. Faceless Manipulator has always been a 100% complete copy, which should include copying the fact that the candles have been drawn. I don't know of any other situation where it is not a 100% complete copy.

I assume the candles aren't a part of the player's aura, unless you can play a copy of it after the three candles and it doesn't start dormant.

Faceless doesn't let you attack the turn it's played even if the copied minion is able to attack, unless it has charge of course. So it's not really a 100% complete copy. It's a new minion, so it likely goes dormant because as a new minion "starts" text is triggered. I dunno for sure though.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I got a red mana wym in the brawl and holy shit did that carry me. Forgot that card even existed.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
DSFVEY9V4AAZKdq.jpg

Feeling pretty darn good about my deck. Wish I had maelstrom portals but I'm not buying an adventure for one card.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with Dungeon Runs for now (and with that the game in general).
Maybe a make a few more runs about that's about it. I kind of want to fight all the bosses, but that would probably take wayy too long give how rare some of them are.
If they ever update the mode, I will be back.
Welp, I think I'm done with this game (again).

I kid you not, since the release of the expansion I have not had a single quest that hasn't been 40g. I mean what the fuck is that? Not to mention the ongoing problems with quests not even appearing. I'm bored of the meta and bored of getting rekt by RNG. It wouldn't be so bad but dropping £50 on expansions every 3 months and having this happen is a touch frustrating. I do enjoy the game sometimes but it's getting less and less frequent :(
I recommand that you just stop playing the game althogether.
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I was in the same spot twice before, once with yuigoh then with this game.
I also almost dropped Shadowverse as well, but then they added stuff like mostly nerfs.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
They should make a card pack specifically for completing weekly Brawls. A literal Brawl pack. Maybe something like either having a higher chance for Legendaries/Epics or having a pool of all Standard cards.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Made my way to rank 10 today from rank 15 with spiteful priest. I lost hard against aggro paladin but any other matchup was fun.

Also opened the darkness from a pack, not sure I have a deck that benefits from this card. I haven't seen any raza deck on my climb today.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's good to take a break if you are unhappy. I am sure we will see some of you again. If you don't stop while you are unhappy, you end up like IceMarker.

They should make a card pack specifically for completing weekly Brawls. A literal Brawl pack. Maybe something like either having a higher chance for Legendaries/Epics or having a pool of all Standard cards.
"I want more stuff" - just say that.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, taking a break is really important. I was so mentally exhausted, just like the 1st month of KFT, where I took 2 weeks break. So, I decided to took a break again, and each time I played after a break, it works well.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
DSFVEY9V4AAZKdq.jpg

Feeling pretty darn good about my deck. Wish I had maelstrom portals but I'm not buying an adventure for one card.
What do you do with big priest or cube lock without devolve or hex or silence? Does it just rush them down fast enough before taunts?

Not saying it's wrong, your deck is basically the most popular one but with jade golems instead of portals. Just a curious choice to me in general to not have anything to get around taunts.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
What do you do with big priest or cube lock without devolve or hex or silence? Does it just rush them down fast enough before taunts?

Not saying it's wrong, your deck is basically the most popular one but with jade golems instead of portals. Just a curious choice to me in general to not have anything to get around taunts.
Basically, the majority of my experience so far playing this deck has been being able to get a near-full or full board early on, then popping an evolve. Early game is extremely important though so there's decent brick potential even after mulligans for certain cards

Normally, I hope to get Corsair, Primalfin totem and Fire Fly asap. Jade Lightning can also be a huge help, especially if I'm popping out Wrath of Air totems or +spell damage evolves

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I'm cruising through ladder with aggro pally.

On the other...most of these matches are dumb as hell. Every fast deck is so fucking reliant on not drawing patches and having corridor creeper. It's ridiculous.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
It's good to take a break if you are unhappy. I am sure we will see some of you again. If you don't stop while you are unhappy, you end up like IceMarker.
Damn right. Honestly I feel my emotions and cynicism comes from the fact that I'm playing ranked, but that will change once I get all 9 golden heroes and I can switch back to Casual where I'm sure I'll see less of the same bullshit day in and day out. Again, I'm not really blaming people for playing clearly broken shit to win and climb if that is their goal. I've been saying for going on years at this point that Blizzard essentially forces you to either play Ranked and win with (mostly cosmetic) rewards attached or lose out and play casual. Although I've taken issue with a ton of games taking this approach of rewarding only competitive players, DOTA 2, Starcraft II, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, etc. all do this and I've basically quit them over it, the exception being Hearthstone because even with all the shitposting I've made in here, I still have fun *gasp*!
"I want more stuff" - just say that.
Don't we all!
Regular old classic packs have been the reward for Brawls since forever, I just feel like it would be more exciting to beat the Brawl each week plus it will help newer players catch up, etc.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
### DK Velen
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Circle of Healing
# 1x (0) Silence
# 1x (1) Binding Heal
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Mind Blast
# 1x (2) Novice Engineer
# 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (4) Auchenai Soulpriest
# 1x (4) Gnomish Inventor
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (7) Prophet Velen
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
#
AAECAa0GHgntAfsBlwKcArQCoQTlBO0FigekB/YHpQnSCtMK1wryDPsMkrQCg7sCtbsC2LsC6r8C0cEC0sEC2MEC2cEC8M8C6NACkNMCAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

My deck to legend this season, good against everything but hunter (0-2) and aggro pally (lost a lot). I faced a lot of tempo rogue (lost once) and warlock zoo/cube (lost twice) so it's quite smooth ride as long as you don't neet aggro.

And I have 100% winrate against big priest.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
At first I used 2 new cards. But then I replaced gargoyle with ooze because of cube.

Against aggro pally pint size + horror is better than auchenai + circle. But circle is good for draw.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got a pretty hilarious combo in a dungeon run. Double battlecry + King Togwaggle, you swap decks then swap back. AI seems to just use the ransom to swap ASAP and gives you their deck.

You do give them two ransoms, but it is pretty easy to have them burn it. And even if they do that they dump mana into it each time, pretty funny.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Some little good luck turn around my fortune

Like I said before I'm not preordering and my 30 pack or so from gold is total garbage so I'm in the limbo and barely had any resource for having meta deck

But I got Aluneth in my recent pack and golden Onyxia and another copy of faceless manipulator from spectate quest and I gotta say Im in sweet spot for the rest of this meta.

Cubelock gonna be my main jam and I had enough option for other clasess.

Prolly only need to craft Branching Path and Call to Arms from here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Looked a little bit around hsreplay.net and literally every deck I looked at had two corridor creepers. They are everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.