• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Look at these eBay listings:

www.ebay.com

switch for sale | eBay

Get the best deals for switch at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

I don't think this will last long, but if someone needs cash quickly, now is the time sell. Same with Amazon marketplace.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
I currently am unable to play ring fit due to a broken ankle. Was considering selling my copy and buying a new one later once my ankle is better, but I'm worried even then it'll still be hard/impossible to find a copy šŸ˜¬

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
im sorry but why would you opt to buy a new switch on ebay over any other electronic vendor site?

target, BB, Walmart all still have various switches in stock.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep went to buy my daughter a switch for her birthday and no stores had them in stock. No big chains had them in stock amazon, Walmart etc etc. so I had to overpay for one from eBay. At least She got the limited edition animal crossing one :)

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the same in my neck of the woods; none of the brick and mortar stores have any stock around here.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I currently am unable to play ring fit due to a broken ankle. Was considering selling my copy and buying a new one later once my ankle is better, but I'm worried even then it'll still be hard/impossible to find a copy šŸ˜¬

Just wait until your ankle's all better, no need to sell it

You won't be finding any reasonably priced copies anytime soon

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Never underestimate Nintendo's ability to under supply their products.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Never underestimate Nintendo's ability to under supply their products.
Nintendo predicted this and even mentioned it to investors. Remember the supply chain is heavily Chinese in production. So this is ripple effects from their COVID19 crisis. Apple issues similar guidance.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
CNET reported on February 6th that there would be shortages, I'm just glad the Animal Crossing Switch didn't get delayed.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Animal crossing system alone goes for $500 lol
The hype for animal crossing did it

but yeah, factories are closed/can't produce so it'll cause a huge demand

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Im still mad the Switch is still $300 retail years after launch. I want a second one in the house because my 9 year old is 9 and greasy hands and all that but I refuse to pay $300 now.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Better get your Switch as soon as possible if you haven't, the shortages are real.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yellow aswitch Lite was sold out at cdone right after I bought one for my daughter. Now it is still sold out, and 500kr more expensive.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up a Lite for someone because that's all that was available. Now those are disappearing too.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buying a second hand console right is one of the worst things to do right now, could be spreading the Corona.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Yeah, not like there's a pandemic impacting manufacturing or anything

What would you have had them do? China was locked down due to the virus.
This is a weird statement given the pandemic that has been going on for months.
Yet somehow Apple just launched a new iPad and MacBook last week. No issues with stock or limited quantities.

Issues like this are not just happening now for Nintendo. They have famously under produced all sorts of products over the years, and had temporary shortages for no apparent reason.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Yet somehow Apple just launched a new iPad and MacBook last week. No issues with stock or limited quantities.

Issues like this are not just happening now for Nintendo. They have famously under produced all sorts of products over the years, and had temporary shortages for no apparent reason.
And Nintendo managed to ship a Limited Edition console in the same timeframe. You have zero idea how long ago Apple had those computers and iPads built and put into warehouses.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017

Those are rather high priced products. I doubt they have the same demand as 300 dollar Switches. Plus, Apple has other SKUs of those products and similar product lines. It's only the Switch and Switch lite.

Feb 1, 2018
I ordered the Coral Lite this morning and I'm not expecting it to show up for a few months given Amazon's new policies re: shipping non essential items

Maybe I'll luck out and find one in a target after April 3

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought my wife a Switch Lite on Sunday; luckily Target had the color she wanted available (Yellow) because all the other colors were out.

Normally the Targets and Best Buys here in the DC area stocked pretty well; the last two weeks they have sold almost all the Switches - even the 2DSXLs are out of stock.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I had to go to like 5 stores to find one last weekend. Ended up snagging the last one at Fred Meyer and the guy in electronics said "We got two in, I had JUST put them on the shelf a minute ago, and the person I checked out before you grabbed the other one"

Switch lite was everywhere for $199 though