Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9ivLpFb55/?taken-by=watchmen

The instagram link is a video.

DpkPC1iWwAAYJut.jpg:large

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
To those not following this, the show takes place after the events of the comic/film.

Set photos suggest it relates to the comic somewhat with references to the space squid.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
i like the cast and i doubt it's not ever going to come out so I'll watch it.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
To those not following this, the show takes place after the events of the comic/film.

Hmm, be careful with that : it's not an actual sequel, nor an adaptation -- it's a new story. Whether it takes place before or after the events of the comics should not matter much as it'll pick and choose what it wants from it.

ImTheresaMay

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Some aspects of Watchmen I do like especially Dr. Manhattan's character but man Alan Moore's alternative universe is dumb as shit. Nixon President for life, really?

Also the fact there are only like seven vigilantes, all in New York...

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hmm, be careful with that : it's not an actual sequel, nor an adaptation -- it's a new story. Whether it takes place before or after the events of the comics should not matter much as it'll pick and choose what it wants from it.

It seems pretty clear to be
after the events of the original story with shots of Squid Attack shelters posted online.
But really, I just said that cause some people might have been confused and wondered who the character was supposed to be. I know the people running the show have made it clear that it's not a direct connection to either version.

Spoilers in the link:
https://www.slashfilm.com/watchmen-set-photos-new/

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Leftovers also had a massive leg up on most of Lindelof's output by having the original novel as a season 1 roadmap and having author Tom Perrotta on board to help the whole way. People really overlook the source material regarding that show.

Because you laid out why people don't care, the book is entirely covered in season 1, the worst season.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely not the biggest fan of Lindelof personally, but goddamn Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross making the tunes more than makes up for it honestly.

Even though I don't like his previous work, I feel like Lindelof understands the source material better than people with their hands on it previously, from David Hayter to Snyder.

Pretty excited though, an HBO watchmen series has been a dream for decades.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watchmen should of been like Akira and a one and done story.

Some things dont need continuations, be it prequels, dc crossover crIsis events, and tv shows.

Its not adding much to say that, but I feel like most feel that way. But I could be wrong, I dunno

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It seems pretty clear to be
after the events of the original story with shots of Squid Attack shelters posted online.
But really, I just said that cause some people might have been confused and wondered who the character was supposed to be. I know the people running the show have made it clear that it's not a direct connection to either version.

Spoilers in the link:
https://www.slashfilm.com/watchmen-set-photos-new/
You guys are confusing the hell out of me but if its not an adaption/retelling of the original story, my interest has actually gone way up.

This has been completely off my radar but if its a new Watchmen story, whether that means a reimagining of the concept or some sort of weird quasi sequel/not sequel, I'm in.