• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
They are suppose to start sending them out. I don't know if it's based on specific criteria, but everyone I know has direct deposit and already filed taxes and still nothing.

EDIT:

This is IRS website where you confirm you are getting a check and where it's going to be deposited. Required info is SS Number, Birthday, and street address.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Add this to the OP: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This includes a separate portal that will be available soon for the following items:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I don't expect that shit for 3 months. I don't have it setup for direct deposit.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
www.youtube.com

Addressing Fake News From People Saying They Already Received Their Stimulus Checks

This is an update for the IRS Economic Stimulus Checks for Saturday April 11th. This is the latest update of IRS Economic Stimulus Check from the stimulus pa...

This guy is lowkey hilarious, and hes not trying to be. -- however --

Some companies that did your taxes are pre-paying them and hoping that the govt repays them. This is for some people.

This is 24 hours old, so, take of it what you will.

But I like this guy.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Have they even actually started going out? I thought it was pushed back from last week to this current week...which I fully expect will be pushed back again.

So to answer: no, haven't gotten it.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
We owed in both 2018 and 2019 so they don't even have direct deposit for us. I ain't getting anything till like September (if it comes at all, which I have my doubts about). Still absolutely nothing from unemployment either.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Not yet and i haven't received my unemployment either. :( still have an "unresolved" issue with my severance, holiday and sick pay. Their hotline is clogged with calls so i can't even call them about it yet until tomorrow in the morning.

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
We owed in both 2018 and 2019 so they don't even have direct deposit for us. I ain't getting anything till like September (if it comes at all, which I have my doubts about). Still absolutely nothing from unemployment either.
If you paid with your bank by direct withdrawal, the IRS has your info where to send it to.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
how do i check how do i file?

i actually haven't bothered to look into it yet so uh, oops.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017

I thought if you paid via DD even if you owed, they still have your DD info to be able to deposit into your account?

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I thought if you paid via DD even if you owed, they still have your DD info to be able to deposit into your account?

The payment is going to be sent to the latest bank information on file. So, if you filed your 2018 return and not your 2019 return, it will go to the bank account you listed on your 2018 return. If you filed your 2019 return, it will go to the bank account you listed on your 2019 return. If you did not provide a bank account with either return, or the payment fails to go through, you'll get a check mailed to the address on whatever is the address on your latest return. This applies whether you authorized the IRS to directly deposit a refund into your account or make a withdrawal to pay for income taxes owed.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's pending in my account, has been since Friday.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who hasn't filed yet and has 0 income here is the site for that:

Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here Tool Is Closed | Internal Revenue Service

Steps to get the Economic Impact (stimulus) Payments if you haven't filed a tax return, and aren't receiving Social Security, SS Disability Income or Railroad Retirement benefits.
For anyone who didn't put in their DD info yet, the portal to do so will be up soon:

Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service

We’re committed to helping you get your economic impact, or stimulus, payment as soon as possible. See if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment.

Should probably put that in the OP.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Nope, not yet.
www.youtube.com

Addressing Fake News From People Saying They Already Received Their Stimulus Checks

This is an update for the IRS Economic Stimulus Checks for Saturday April 11th. This is the latest update of IRS Economic Stimulus Check from the stimulus pa...

Some companies that did your taxes are pre-paying them and hoping that the govt repays them. This is for some people.

But I like this guy.

damn this guy is over humanity lmao. it's crazy that some banks are just advancing people their money.

he cute tho

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

But I like this guy.
At first I was like "eh" then as the video went on, he started having a mini-meltdown and I just lost it by the end. Holy hell I might subscribe to his channel because he is hilarious how frustrated he gets.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1-140 poll lol. Guess we'll get it Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Hopefully. There's always that little voice in the back of your head that says "What if I don't qualify due to X?"

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Sounds like it's showing as pending in some accounts, but I personally don't see a pending or anything.
Yeah, my bank won't show anything pending until the night before it posts.

Lots are saying they can see theirs, though.

Must be nice.

tenor.gif

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I owed money the last two years and paid, but I'm pretty sure I didn't give my bank account info.
You'd think they'd know anyway. I had to give them my Social Security number when I started the account.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I finished filing my 2019 taxes on Apr 8th. Does this mean they will use my 2018 or 2019 return?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm not even sure if I'm getting one. Made about a hair over $100k before taxes last year but I don't know if the cutoff is for net income.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Not yet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get it at all. The tool I used said I was "likely" to but who knows if they'll find an excuse not to.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I was let go so I'm eagerly anticipating it, thankfull we have enough to get by at the moment but we will need it for our rent payment.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not quite. It's been pending in my bank account since Friday. The bank needs to clear it. It'll be tomorrow. Then straight into savings.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm not even sure if I'm getting one. Made about a hair over $100k before taxes last year but I don't know if the cutoff is for net income.

Thresholds & Income Cutoffs
  1. The advance refundable credit is for tax year ending 2020-12, but will be based upon your AGI from 2018-12 or 2019-12, whichever you've filed. For 2018, this is Form 1040 line 7. For 2019, this is Form 1040 line 8b. If you did not file in 2018 or 2019, you will not get this now. If you did not file in 2018 or 2019, but plan to file in 2020, you will get it when you file your 2020 return (next year, in 2021).

2. If you do not typically file a tax return because you are under the income threshold, you can enter your information here to receive the refund. Do not fill this out if you get Social Security or SSDI. Your refund will be automatically deposited to your account.

3. This $1,200/$2,400/etc phases out at 5% of your AGI over the following limitations:
    a. >$150,000 for married filing joint
    b. >$112,500 for head of household
    c. >$75,000 for people who are not in a) or b).
    So, for someone filing single, the credit is totally phased out at $99,000 ((1,200/0.05)+75,000=99,000).
    It reduces the credit by $5 for every $100 over the threshold above.

*edit: let me just shill my own thread because I've been cut&copying from my OP.

www.resetera.com

2020 CARES Act IRC § 6428 Recovery Rebate/Refund Thread

Threadmarks for major updates! The CARES Act was signed on 2020 03-27. There's been a lot of questions about the refund/check/stimulus money. Below, I've outlined a list of general statements about the advance refundable refund, aka for most of y'all the $1,200 check you'll hopefully be...

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Thresholds & Income Cutoffs
  1. The advance refundable credit is for tax year ending 2020-12, but will be based upon your AGI from 2018-12 or 2019-12, whichever you've filed. For 2018, this is Form 1040 line 7. For 2019, this is Form 1040 line 8b. If you did not file in 2018 or 2019, you will not get this now. If you did not file in 2018 or 2019, but plan to file in 2020, you will get it when you file your 2020 return (next year, in 2021).

2. If you do not typically file a tax return because you are under the income threshold, you can enter your information here to receive the refund. Do not fill this out if you get Social Security or SSDI. Your refund will be automatically deposited to your account.

3. This $1,200/$2,400/etc phases out at 5% of your AGI over the following limitations:
    a. >$150,000 for married filing joint
    b. >$112,500 for head of household
    c. >$75,000 for people who are not in a) or b).
    So, for someone filing single, the credit is totally phased out at $99,000 ((1,200/0.05)+75,000=99,000).
    It reduces the credit by $5 for every $100 over the threshold above.

*edit: let me just shill my own thread because I've been cut&copying from my OP.

www.resetera.com

2020 CARES Act IRC § 6428 Recovery Rebate/Refund Thread

Threadmarks for major updates! The CARES Act was signed on 2020 03-27. There's been a lot of questions about the refund/check/stimulus money. Below, I've outlined a list of general statements about the advance refundable refund, aka for most of y'all the $1,200 check you'll hopefully be...

Thanks!