Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Offloading the tough assignments is not the path forward. Will become easier each time you face an obstacle.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Alright so I just finished another version, I'll post both the original work and the new version, feedback is appreciated :)

--

Edit:
Whoever just helped me the past hour, thank you! :)

Edit 2:
removed the links for now

Last edited:

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Good on you for not cheating ultimately. especially for a 1.5-2 page comparative essay...I believe that was a 4th or 5th grade level assignment in my school system, so if you can't do that when what sounds like a college degree is on the line, god help you in the workforce

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crisis averted. Otherwise there could've been a nonzero chance that somebody could blackmail you.

"Hey that's a really good degree I helped you get. Maybe I can borrow me up a few ducats? It's okay if you can't, not like I'm putting a gun to your head or anything (/sterling)"

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Because the feedback I received when I handed in the entire document was crap. The other essays and such were fine, but this one was deemed not good enough. That's all the feedback I received. When I asked for more detailed information as to why it wasn't good enough, I was simply told that I should take another look at it.
Something's not right here. You said you can't get it right no matter how many times you try but you only turned it in once? And you can't ask for concrete feedback?

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
One of my friends have done it and ended up with a B or C I think. It did cost a lot though. If you're busy and have the cash, I guess you could go for it if it's from someone reputable.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have anything against cheating, but I don't really get why you'd do it for a 2 page paper, a comparative essay no less, seems like a large risk for something so small, especially when it's the only thing you have left.

That said I do have a uni mate that used that kind of a service to get his bachelors, worked out well enough for him, he did his masters later in spain but I don't know if did the same thing.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
My Uni lecturer went into pretty strong detail about not only how the tech catches you out but also how they were all taught to figure out what was actually written by a student in the middle of learning and what wasn't.

Don't even try it.

People only get away with it in the one or two cases when their proffessors are lazy and don't bother checking anything. If the proffessors wants to make sure no one is cheating, they will find out. Multiple people were kicked out.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Good on you for not cheating ultimately. especially for a 1.5-2 page comparative essay...I believe that was a 4th or 5th grade level assignment in my school system, so if you can't do that when what sounds like a college degree is on the line, god help you in the workforce
thankfully this assignment is not at all representative of the work I do, the problem is that this assignment is a created by a teacher who's from a military family and made these assignments, even though they have absolutely no purpose.

Something's not right here. You said you can't get it right no matter how many times you try but you only turned it in once? And you can't ask for concrete feedback?
I've asked for feedback multiple times, and each time I get the same response. Haven't been able to hand it in more than once, because the first one was a fail so I am only allowed one more chance. If that's a fail again I have to wait till next year.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I made a bunch of mechanical suggestions in the Google doc before the link was taken down, but I didn't have time to address the bigger grammatical issues or even the strength of the thesis itself. I believe English is your second language, correct? I'm honestly not sure how to approach some of the awkward sentence structure short of completely revamping the essay myself. You have a decent framework, but it's still a few passes away from being something I would feel comfortable turning in as an assignment.

I've always been an iterative writer, so I tend to ignore my work for a day or two and then come back to it with a fresh perspective, and I do this until it feels complete. I would suggest reading the essay aloud while marking the passages that sound weak or clunky and then working to improve those passages. It's rudimentary advice, but sometimes it helps.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As someone whose marked a bunch of junk for university courses, I guarantee two things.

1) it will be blatantly obvious that the work is not your own even if you rewrite it.

2) the quality will be low regardless

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried once. Did the expensive option that was supposedly written by "graduate level" native English speakers.

Essay was trash, totally unusable. I couldn't even salvage it. Ended up being faster to just write my own. Roughly $200 down the drain, but lesson learned I guess.

karl's wood

Jan 15, 2019
I actually used to work for a site that did this back when I was freelancing and while unethical as shit, it did improve my research skills and pay quite well.

There was a little disclaimer on the site saying that the essays were supposed to be used for reference purposes only. Essentially serving as an example of an essay on whatever subject you wanted.

Obviously nobody did this and because the essay is unique and contains original research, it is possible to just submit without setting off plagiarism detectors. Which I presume is what everyone did.

I made a game out of putting silly jokes or quotes in them.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I made a bunch of mechanical suggestions in the Google doc before the link was taken down, but I didn't have time to address the bigger grammatical issues or even the strength of the thesis itself. I believe English is your second language, correct? I'm honestly not sure how to approach some of the awkward sentence structure short of completely revamping the essay myself. You have a decent framework, but it's still a few passes away from being something I would feel comfortable turning in as an assignment.

I've always been an iterative writer, so I tend to ignore my work for a day or two and then come back to it with a fresh perspective, and I do this until it feels complete. I would suggest reading the essay aloud while marking the passages that sound weak or clunky and then working to improve those passages. It's rudimentary advice, but sometimes it helps.

Yea thanks for that, I made sure to apply all of your suggestions to the document. The link should still work, but I took it out the post because I was getting a few messages from people who apparently like to throw insults at me ;)

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
No. I've never bought or sold an essay. I would've been too worried about getting caught, but never really thought about it anyways.

I'm good at writing essays and never had a big problem with it.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
its not very nice for people to insult you like that, even with how you've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way here
this forum is open to the entire internet and not just registered members to read however, so sadly you have to be pretty careful

sHitman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I would do it if I had the money. People play assignments up like they are so important, but not every assignment is of the same quality. Also having done all my assignments myself, I can't remember shit from most of them and often enough the last minute essays are nothing to be proud of nor do they have acedemic value.

I once talked to a guy whos job was ghostwritig essays. Seemed legit and I would have done it for stuff I did not care about. Check the service and better pay a premium because you don't want to get cought.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know what the topic of the essay was? A 1.5-2 page essay is nothing, hardest part would be reducing word count to fit that limitation.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Nope. My undergraduate was in English, so I've never had any problems with writing.

Just recently in graduate school, I typed a 22 page paper and a 14 page paper in the span of three days the very last week. Think I totally aced those projects too.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would do it if I had the money. People play assignments up like they are so important, but not every assignment is of the same quality. Also having done all my assignments myself, I can't remember shit from most of them and often enough the last minute essays are nothing to be proud of nor do they have acedemic value.

I once talked to a guy whos job was ghostwritig essays. Seemed legit and I would have done it for stuff I did not care about. Check the service and better pay a premium because you don't want to get cought.

It's good to see so many people in here saying OP shouldn't do this (and he really shouldn't) but I can just talk about Germany. If you have the money there are two services which will take your assignments and write anything you need as you would have written it with different levels and it works.

You guys are quite against cheating. You do realize that a lot of people cheat to get ahead, right?

Also this but the cheaters that aren't caught don't talk about that. :P This still doesn't make it okay, but it's the way the world works.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So you have to compare two vietnam war movies?
Come on bro.
I'm just terrible at writing a comparative essay, that's it.

So for those who are interested, here's the revised version. All of the feedback that I've received has been added to it. I'm not to happy yet about the thesis introduction, but I do believe that the overall document seems fairly ok. Also, Bibliografie is not a spelling mistake, I'm Dutch so my Word is set to Dutch, I change it to Bibliography in the final document ;)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hFs8X6y8gPo8mKEVivv-REmgPTznAjsNJkC4nMbtymc/edit?usp=sharing

If you have further comments, feel free to add them and I'll gratefully look at them.