CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The act of "friend-zoning" is a made up concept.

Have I ever had a friend that I subsequently started sleeping with? Yes.

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes but only after a large amount of time passed, can't say it was an intelligent move on my part in retrospect. Life is short, you can form way more meaningful relationships if you move on and stop wasting your time doubling down on lousy ones that are one-sided.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Only my first long term girlfriend. It was years later after we were out of high school.

I usually just move the fuck on. Don't waste your and her time OP. If it happens, it'll happen organically. Just keep doing your thing and move forward.

Also as a 33 year old I no longer believe in "friend-zoning". It's a pretty juvenile concept.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The friend zone is something "nice guys" created. I frequently used the term a decade ago when I was rejected.

To answer your question, I had a friend that would visit me on occasion and we had a fwb situation going on.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I associate the term "friendzone" with people who have a romantic interest in someone who doesn't feel the same in return, and I feel like FWB would fundamentally not work in that situation in most cases.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yes? Got rejected this one time, but she told me only because she isn't into dating but does want a good fuck here and there, and we left it like that for 6 months. She liked that I was ballsy enough to ask out someone 8 years older than me.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Well, "friendzone" is pretty much a teenage/college term for "I like hanging out with you but I have zero interest in a physical or romantic relationship with you" which can happen to anyone. Sometimes you just don't see someone in that way, and that's fine.

So you're asking "can I get someone who has no interest in a physical relationship with me to sleep with me?" That's not going to happen. Don't force the issue and move on.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It can happen.

Having said that OP:

You should not live your life expecting it to happen.

You should not suggest, even in a joking way, to the person who you like.

Live your life and move on with your feelings. Especially since friends with benefits is supposed to be about only sex not feelings.

The fact that you even used the term friend zone makes me think you don't have the emotional maturity for such a relationship even if it was an option.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Of course. It's like converting a second baseman to a shortstop, or outfielder. I'd never call them a utility player though, that will get you a slap in the face.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friend zone doesn't exist.

Me and a friend are currently discussing if it's something we'd be willing to try out.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mildly surprised that the OP of this thread didn't have an anime or sonic avatar.

the friend-zone is a made up construct that doesn't exist. the person just doesn't have any sexual interest in you.

Oct 26, 2017
images

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
how do i cast magic spell for love enchantment and glamour? They require level 6 and I'm only a level 3.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
No.

The entire concept seems pretty backwards. "How do I get this person who doesn't want to have sex with me, to have sex with me?"

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Turning them into" -- yeah that's a user's way of thinking. You want to have sex with them and you want to figure out what you need to do to accomplish that? How far are you willing to go?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Present them with a consent form, you'll know for sure one way or the other

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Confused by people saying the friendzone is "made up" or "not real". Arent all words? Yes it comes from a place of sexism and Im not defending people who use it, but shouldnt people be making that argument rather than saying its "not real"? Genuine question, I simply dont understand.

edit: this answers my question
The concept it is describing doesn't exist because what it describes is a relationship between two people where one person wants friendship and the other wants a romantic/sexual relationship and the later is thus "stuck" in their efforts to "escalate" the relationship, when in actuality this other person just needs to move on to other people and/or just accept the other person's friendship. Voila they are "stuck" no longer!

Last edited:

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If she already rejected you that means the show is cancelled, my dude.