Senteevs

Oct 28, 2017
Latvia
One time, when my son was a baby and I held him in my arms, and he looked at me and just started laughing. I shed a tear. No lie.

Jan 9, 2018
Yes absolutely. Though I have noticed that as I've gotten older, I've become more emotional than when I was a kid.
Same, lately I cried of joy in very emmotional moments that are objectively silly. as an example, on one chapter of the Pokemon anime where Ponyta push hard to win a race and end evolving into Rapidash to win. I don't know what is wrong with me but that got me good.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm no OP, but I would count crying because of being moved (the "my friends, you bow to no one" clause) as a separate thing from crying because feeling joy.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Yup when each one of my three kids were born. Love these guys so much :)
And when I saw my wife in her wedding dress for the first time. Hit me hard that I found the love of my life and was overcome with joy.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. When my son was born, for instance. Although relief also played a role in that.
And i have often cried tears of laughter.
I just never cry of sadness, for some reason. Adrenaline takes over.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
My children have made me cry tears of happiness many times. Most recently, working with my oldest son to improve his grades and after tons of work when he got glowing grades me and my wife just cried tears of pride.

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
Three times, actually. Twice on the birth of my children and once when I opened my Uni degree results and saw I'd got a first class with honors. I was surprised with the latter, to be honest, but I guess a lot of it was relief from the stress of the hard work in the final year.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Me crying on Christmas morning when I finally got my Captain America figure I wanted all while wearing Superman underoos.
http:///4KId.jpg

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not past the age of like 12.

I understand why some people can get moved to tears though, I don't think it's something anyone should be embarrassed about.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
A few times that really stick out to me:
  • When my wife told me she was pregnant
  • The birth of our daughter
  • Dancing with my mom at my wedding, at points during my wedding
  • A handful of times at close friends' weddings, or important moments for them
  • When one of my best friends called me to tell me he was cancer-free
  • When a friend of mine told me that his wife was pregnant, they had been trying for years
Most of these are mixed emotions, overwhelming, but they're moments of happiness.

I *might* have cried when the Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2013/2014 against Seattle, but I was also really drunk.

By far one of the nerdiest and most embarrassing moments where I choked up was when one of the hosts of a podcast I've been listening to for about ~7 years called into the show unexpectedly to announce that he had finished chemo and was officially cancer free. Everyone was crying on the show, it was unexpected, and you can't help but feel connected to these people even though you've never met them or anything, but you listen several times a week for years.

I'm genuinely more likely to cry out of happiness than sadness. I very rarely cry out of sadness, but thinking on it, I cry out of happiness with some frequency.

Last edited:

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
When my nephew was born me and my brother cried it out Just tears

When dope shit happens in some of my favorite shows

Also teared up a few months ago when I saw The Coliseum in Rome as I turned a corner. Just one of my life goals since I was a history geek as a kid.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DeliciousFatFinch-max-1mb.gif

I went to my car about 10 minutes after the party ended and bawled.

Dec 22, 2017
Must have been truly an amazing rainbow to get off of I-5 and admire it.

To be fair this was coming down the pass at the OR-CA border. Not an 8 lane section in Tacoma or something lol.

And yeah it was the brightest, most vivid rainbow I've ever seen. A full double, and so close that you could see both of them shimmering. It had been downpouring all day, and then the sky broke, blue skies came out, and the rainbow appeared. Everyone threw on their flashers and pulled over to admire it.