• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have your drinking habits changed?

• More

Votes: 122 43.6%
  • The same

Votes: 91 32.5%
  • Less

Votes: 67 23.9%

• Total voters

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
More for me but that's mostly because I moved from my usual early morning shift to night at work.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but I still wouldn't say I'm drinking that much. We're talking maybe 3 drinks a week.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Drank veeeeeeeeery little before this. Maybe a couple drinks per year.
Currently drinking the exact same amount.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Way more, but I'm still off. I'm starting work back on tuesday, which means no more alcohol unless it's the weekend (and I don't work the day after).

Dec 6, 2017
US
Drinking and smoking weed too much to kill the boredom when I'm not trying to work out or quitting game playthroughs halfway through.

nosewings

Mar 16, 2020
I've recently had a beer for the first time in months. Plan to do a weekly drinking thing with acquaintances over video chat. 1 > 0.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely less, I just don't have that kind of "hard day" feeling anymore. The taste and feeling of a stiff drink or glass of wine is not as good when I'm not all tense and worn out, which usually was a product of my horrible commute on the bus and subway. Now that I'm studying from home I'm kinda loose all the time.

Still have wine or a beer with dinner and stuff here and there, or make a cocktail for some late-night video gaming. But I definitely am drinking less and when I do it's usually like "why not" rather than "need a fucking drink."

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
I would normally go out drinking 5-7 days a week. Since the stay at home mandate, I haven't had a single drop of alcohol. But I've been eating cookies which I never did before. Damn sugar cravings.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in a month. Where the hell would I even get it at this point?

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
No but my eating has started to spiral out of control. I need to go on a diet again to lose the 8 pounds i gained during quarantine. Shit sucks.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Way more. I would drink maybe once every couple of months and I'm getting 6 packs almost every time I hit the grocery store. I grabbed a bottle of Eagle Rare for my internet D&D campaign tonight.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More but not like, excessively. A glass of wine once or twice a week was generally where I was before, with cocktail night maybe once a month after a rough week. But every week right now is kinda hair pulling so Friday cocktails are weekly at this point.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Been splitting a bottle of wine most days with the wife.

So more because we're home all day and wine o'clock comes early.

We used Drizly to have booze delivered which worked out well.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
More. Bought two cases to get me through the quarantine and I'm almost done with my second case.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
My girlfriend and I drink every night. We dont get drunk, but we'll have a beer and a cocktail or two after dinner usually.

First week or so was bad though, haha. Start drinking by 1 and keep going til at least midnight.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Roughly the same as before, which is still a bit too much. I dont drink on mondays, and then on average about two beers per night on the other days, though I don't get tipsy at any point. I'm very lucky my wife is pregnant, or we'd definitely have gone on a bender from the start of quarantine. Especially with the weather being as nice as it is my cocktail spirit is playing up again.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
It's one of 3 shops open near me, the others are the laundrette and corner shop. So my consumption has gone up considerably.

Every chinese takeaway around here has shutdown, so has the chippy, so got to balance out the lack of bad eating options somehow.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a drop since this has started, but I have started drinking coffee again so I can stay awake to work on coursework. Finishing this semester and working longer hours is taking its toll.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
less because I only leave the house to go to the grocery store and their booze prices are shocking

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
way. more.
i've been drinking a fifth of titos every 2 days... not a good look. i have not been handling self isolation well. also my partner who also lives with me and i have come to the realization that the relationship isnt working. SIGH pour another one.
Dang good luck mate

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More. I just left a place where 3 and a half years out of 4 were some of the best times of my professional career. At my new job, I am forced to take 5 mandatory PTO days for the first 5 weeks working for them, as well as forced to come on campus when 95% of the job can be done at home for answering phone calls remotely. I also took a pay cut to leave my last employer. My mother is my roomate and I worry that I'm going to give her Covid-19 and she will die. She just turned 69. I don't really want to die either, I guess. Professionally, I thought I would be further. I worked my ass off on IT certs, but I don't think they made a fucking difference. The older I get, the more cynical I become. I can't believe how many assholes there are out there. If Trump wins in November, I think I'm going to drink until I don't wake up. I almost did that on election night 2016. I wonder if I should have kept drinking.

Oct 25, 2017
More on weekdays, less on weekends. Used to have 1-2 a night on weekdays, and it's become 2-3. Weekends though I would typically go out to the bar and have 6-10 one weekend day, and maybe 4-6 the other weekend day. That's cut back drastically and while I still miss it and the social aspects my wallet doesn't.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
I've had beer twice since this started, and noting in two whole calendar weeks.

I have some beer waiting for me in the fridge so I'm going to enjoy some in the next few days but I'm glad I cut way back. Been focusing a lot on nutrition because it's hard for me to do much in the way of exercise right now, even down a few pounds.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I very rarely drink and this has not changed that.

If anyone has found themselves drinking more, I would talk to someone.