• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It remains my favourite modern Dracula film. Are there any modern films which can challenge it?

The only films I've seen which come close or surpass it are the Hammer films, which are classic unto themselves.

Oct 28, 2017
It's incredibly hard to pass given Keanu's awful performance and then Hopkins going all out ridiculous. The effects still hold up.

Oct 28, 2017
Specifically Dracula or Dracula adjacent? I like Cronos which is a Dracula like movie. For a Dracula specific movie, yeah, Bram Stoker's Dracula is a lot of cheesy fun. Gary Oldman is great in it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm am an unashamedly huge fan of Van Helsing. The overly dramatic lightning, the accents, the set designs, the whole thing is just so... fun.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love that movie!

giphy.gif

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Blade Trinity, featuring Drake, the COOOOOOOOLLLLLL Dracula you always wanted!
72692052-352-k931602.jpg

4205208-bladeiii_drake2.jpg

Best Dracula ever! Amiright?!?

For a serious answer, then no, I think the Coppola Dracula is awesome. If we take Dracula out of the equation and just make it vampires in general, then the original Blade, 30 Days of Night, Fright Night (both original and remake) and What We Do In the Shadows are all really good in different ways. Stake Land is also pretty good.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Bram Stokers Dracula is not only the best version imo, it's also one of my favourite films. Some of it feels over the top campy, but that just adds to it.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Werner Herzog's remake of Nosferatu

George A. Romero's Martin

These are the two best vampire films I've seen.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
220px-Nosferatu_Phantom_der_Nacht.jpg

Werner Herzog. Klaus Kinski. Soundtrack by one of the greatest German prog rock bands from the era (Popol Vuh)

The original Nosferatu was rescored by another of the greatest German prog rock bands of the same era (Faust)

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this in the theater when it came out, and being blown away by the opening sequence, and then stunned at how bad I thought the rest of it was. But I should give it another look at some point. The Hammer films are my all time favorite Dracula films.