• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Dexit actually affected your choice in purchasing Sword and Shield?

• Yes, I am no longer purchasing Sword or Shield due to Dexit.

Votes: 430 18.2%
  • No, I still plan to buy Sword or Shield

Votes: 1,507 63.9%
  • I never planned to buy Sword or Shield.

Votes: 423 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So with the final number of Pokemon in Sword and Shield known

400 with over 520 being cut

has this actually affected you buying the game? There is a lot of noise right now on the internet of boycotts and anger and I'm just curious on the number of people who are no longer interested in the game because of it.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
No, it didn't and doesn't bother me at all

And I'm the type of guy that fills the national Pokedex on each game, my Pokémon Bank is stacked!

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never transferred an older Pokémon into a new game, so it's no difference to me.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
It's not going to stop me from buying it but I'm not happy about it. They're not bringing over any of my normally planned team. I'm going to give the game the benefit of the doubt but it's not ideal.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm getting it because I want it.

But my expectations aren't the highest.

I expect it will be another generation before Pokemon becomes "comfortable" with being on an HD system. Maybe we'll get every Pokemon all in one game sometime.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. No way in hell am I buying a mainline Pokemon game with less catchable Pokemon that a DS game released over a decade ago.

I've never transferred an older Pokémon into a new game, so it's no difference to me.
Techniclly it still affects you if you regualrly fight in battle facilities or play online.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
400 is still too much. Lets cut that to 150 Pokemon in each game again and I will be the most happy.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still getting it. But man am I ever disappointed as hell in the decisions they've made with it.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, but I was probably never going to play it. I get bored of Pokemon games pretty early on nowadays.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'll look to see how the general overworld gameplay and story feels like before I make a final decision. But I'd be lying if I said that the cuts didn't sour some of my hype for any of that. It's not even idea of there being cuts that disappointed me (I don't have time for collecting 1000 Pokemon, so I didn't really mind the initial news lol), it's how the cuts were some of the most worst case scenario shit I have ever seen.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always catch a new team, don't like to reuse Pokemon I've had on my team in previous games, and don't play online or competitively.

So no, not really a factor.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I never used Pokémon Bank, so this barely affects me. It'll change the occasional Pokémon Showdown game, but I kinda like how much it changes the meta.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I only ever transfer stuff after my first playthrough to spice things up the next time around, so while this does sort of impact replayability for me, I really don't care all that much.

I'd love for them to patch in compatibility or something, post-release, but I feel like they'd call that "too much work," with the way they've characterized their decision to cut the Dex in the first place.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing my boy squirtle is out,not day one,also the new pokes are terrible designed.

Jan 29, 2018
Wait, have all the games before this had the cumulative total of Pokemon? That's ridiculous. I never would've expected that.

I've only ever played Red, Yellow, and X so I'm not too deep in. I'm buying this one for my wife and I doubt she'll notice or care.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Still buying it. The new Pokemon and the new region are what I care about.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. No way in hell am I buying a mainline Pokemon game with less catchable Pokemon that a DS game released over a decade ago.

Techniclly it still affects you if you regualrly fight in battle facilities or play online.
I usually just play the main story and catch the post game legendary

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was always a Day 1 purchase and my most anticipated game of the year, nothing has changed that.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Hasn't affected my decision (to get the game) in the slightest.

Neither does the supposed lack of post game.

I always just play through the main story using mostly new 'mons and then move on to other games.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
Yes and no, I'm just going to wait for it to drop in price or grab it second-hand. It's a bit much to ask for more money for a game that offers less, imo

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's primarily other things holding me back from buying the game. Don't have strong feelings about the dex being smaller than the more recent games.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad about the exact number and of course the cuts suck but ultimately i don't think it'll effect the quality of the game that much or my opinion of it and my opinion has always been of interest in the game.

So no ever since the announcement and even down to the datamine it never effected my purachase of the game and outside of mild disappointment I never really cared that much

Oct 26, 2017
It's made me consider buying the game used, or waiting until a new version/third game is announced. I won't be getting the game at launch.

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
User Warned: Low-effort drive-by post.
pokemon fans are hilarious lmfao

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I still plan to buy it, but, even though Pokemon Sun and Moon were a step up and made me more optimistic about the series again, it made me reconsider buying the games on release.
XY and ORAS already kinda burned me but I just want Sun and Moon to be good and they were, but I think I can still wait a bit on Sword and Shield.
NOt like waiting is a bad thing, it will most likely get cheaper and I already didn't mind skipping Lets Go.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, have all the games before this had the cumulative total of Pokemon? That's ridiculous. I never would've expected that.

I've only ever played Red, Yellow, and X so I'm not too deep in. I'm buying this one for my wife and I doubt she'll notice or care.
Not obtainable in game, but they were in the code allowing you to bring them in from older games. Also trainers in the post game battle facilities had access to a lot of the Pokemon from past games in order to keep them from getting stale too quickly. That's all gone now.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I was willing to ignore the culling of the national dex cause I mainly play through the main game with what's available in the regional dex anyway, but the forced exp share and no postgame news has really killed all hype for me. I'm def not buying at launch and iffy on whether I'll buy at all. Maybe I'll wait for ultra SwSh or whatever 3rd version they release.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Without being explicitly spoilery, I'll just say this is now two sets of games in a row that they done my favorite baby dirty.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Nope. I've reset my pokemon games multiple times throughout the years. I care more about the journey than the individual pokemon themselves.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
I don't like Game Freak decisions but the new (leaked) Pokemon look amazing so I'm still getting it.

Nov 15, 2018
Yes but not by itself. Other decisions like no megas, cant remove exp share yet no difficulty options, lack of post game, etc. all add up to making this an easy skip.

But dexit turned out a lot worse than I expected since many pokemon I've been interested in trying out were cut.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying it and I'm probably hard out of the series at this point.

The main game in Pokemon is always paper thin, especially since the 3DS games and this one continues to be no exception, so I don't play it for that when there are better games in the series, this game has nothing for me.

I just don't want to support this direction for the series when my money could go to more deserving games.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if I end up getting a Switch, I'll probably end up getting Pokemon.
There should be some type of bundle coming soon, right? Especially, with Black Friday coming this month.

EDIT:
I usually just IV breed/EV train 3-5 Boxes of Pokemon and just random battle most of the time, so, I guess it's fine?
At least I don't have to see Landorus or Garchomp anymore.