Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Always a pleasure when Savathun graces us with her presence

destiny-2-savathun-lore.jpg

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
if you want a serious answer I dont think anyone has been in games more than Lebron James
NBA2k4 to NBA2K24 (among some other side games and if you want to add 3D ads) and if you ask anyone serious this shit aint stoppin soon, bros still killing it and is waiting for his kids to grow up to play in the league

2k-faces-LEBRON.jpg

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Not for nothing but I just love the fact that Debra Wilson needed a job so her friend Phil Lamarr (who starred in MADtv with her and went on to become a prolific voice actor) got her into video games and now she's in basically all of them.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Horizon Burning Shores too, face scanned.

Damn, how'd I miss that? Burning Shores may be my favorite piece of Horizon media so far.

She also shares voice duties for Daisy Duck now! It really shows off her range. As a fan since her MadTV days, I'm super happy to see all of her success.

View: https://twitter.com/vas_90s/status/1624513377665011714?lang=en

There was a great profile on her in The Hollywood Reporter back in 2019: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...tor-debra-wilson-is-a-prolific-force-1254542/

I always knew she had range, but never realized it was "can voice double Tress MacNeille like it's nothing" level of range. Good for her.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed this too. Aside from athletes of yearly sports titles, she might be.

She also shares voice duties for Daisy Duck now! It really shows off her range. As a fan since her MadTV days, I'm super happy to see all of her success.

View: https://twitter.com/vas_90s/status/1624513377665011714?lang=en

There was a great profile on her in The Hollywood Reporter back in 2019: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...tor-debra-wilson-is-a-prolific-force-1254542/

Well god damn I would've never guessed. She's spot on.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
It's funny, because I assumed it was her without even knowing the actresses name. She's pretty great in all of her roles.

oxymoron

Oct 27, 2017
if you want a serious answer I dont think anyone has been in games more than Lebron James
NBA2k4 to NBA2K24 (among some other side games and if you want to add 3D ads) and if you ask anyone serious this shit aint stoppin soon, bros still killing it and is waiting for his kids to grow up to play in the league

2k-faces-LEBRON.jpg
The fact that his first season was 2004 takes him out of the running! Plenty of players who started before him and appeared in games nearly every year since. Kobe and Allen Iverson are the most obvious examples, they debuted in the NBA the first year the game was on Playstation and they've missed very few installments since. Giant Bomb lists Lebron in 67 games, Iverson in 77, and Kobe in 103.

Nov 13, 2017
Between her and Phil Lamarr, seems like a decent career move to pivot to video games.

My understanding is being a MADTV alum doesn't really get you a lot of opportunities.

To be fair, MADtv didn't have a ton of breakout stars, but the ones it did have are fairly iconic in different industries:

Debra Wilson and Phil Lamarr in video games, for sure.

Alex Borstein has played the voice of Lois in Family Guy since Day 1 and was one of the stars of Mrs. Maisel.

Will Sasso is still steady working.

Ike Barinholtz has been in some huge comedies and been in long-running shows.

Mo Collins became very well known for her Parks and Rec appearances, and was on Fear the Walking Dead for a while.

Bobby Lee has one of the biggest podcasts currently and still does standup AFAIK

Jordan Peele is an Oscar winning director now

Keegan-Michael Key hasn't had anything super major since Key & Peele, but it also can't be ignored considering it was one of the biggest shows on television for several years.

Taran Killam went from MADtv to SNL and had an extremely successful career, and left SNL to pursue a Broadway career.

Bryan Callen has a pretty big podcast now, and still does sitcom stuff and standup.

Artie Lange is....Artie Lange

Josh Meyers is still acting and has a podcast now with his brother. He also appears on Late Night doing impressions of Governor Gavin Newsom (at least he did a bunch during the pandemic).

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah it's crazy how she's in so many things lol. Best 3D models based on real people are probably in Death Stranding, and I expect DS2 to set a new standard on that front.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
To be fair, MADtv didn't have a ton of breakout stars, but the ones it did have are fairly iconic in different industries:
This is a nice list and paints a better picture than what I was sort of imagining in my head (I either forgot or never knew Alex Borstein voices Lois). You even forgot Michael McDonald who still manages to show up with bit parts in things all the time!

But I think a few of them, Will Sasso and Bobby Lee most notably, deserved way bigger careers than what they ended up with.

Nov 13, 2017
This is a nice list and paints a better picture than what I was sort of imagining in my head (I either forgot or never knew Alex Borstein voices Lois). You even forgot Michael McDonald who still manages to show up with bit parts in things all the time!

But I think a few of them, Will Sasso and Bobby Lee most notably, deserved way bigger careers than what they ended up with.

For real. Will Sasso was one of my favorite cast members for his entire tenure. He's had a few sitcom pilots but they don't ever seem to get picked up, or get canceled after a few episodes go to air.

I can't believe you're dissing my boy like that
shocked-attacked.gif

HAHAHAH I completely forgot. I 100% accept any punishment this entails.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Just found this video of Debra talking to herself in 3 of her character voices (Oprah, Amanda Waller, Daisy Duck). That's Billy West levels of impressive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPiDZGETQ

Alex Borstein has played the voice of Lois in Family Guy since Day 1 and was one of the stars of Mrs. Maisel.

Mo Collins became very well known for her Parks and Rec appearances, and was on Fear the Walking Dead for a while.

Bobby Lee has one of the biggest podcasts currently and still does standup AFAIK

Keegan-Michael Key hasn't had anything super major since Key & Peele, but it also can't be ignored considering it was one of the biggest shows on television for several years.

Taran Killam went from MADtv to SNL and had an extremely successful career, and left SNL to pursue a Broadway career.

Bryan Callen has a pretty big podcast now, and still does sitcom stuff and standup.

Josh Meyers is still acting and has a podcast now with his brother. He also appears on Late Night doing impressions of Governor Gavin Newsom (at least he did a bunch during the pandemic).
This Nicole Sullivan erasure will not stand! She has an illustrious voiceover career as well (Mira, Shego, and more recently, Supergirl). A shame she never really entered the video game realm, as I think she'd be really talented at it, but I still see her on lots of live action sitcoms so she's definitely kept herself busy.

Taran did some Twitch streaming during the pandemic and I was surprised how good his taste in games is. Still blows my mind that he's married to Cobie Smulders though, lol.

Oct 25, 2017

Don't forget David Herman, he's been doing tons of voice work for years, including Futurama with Phil Lamarr. And he was also Michael Bolton on Office Space.

I met Phil Lamarr once and he was a super nice guy, I always loved MADtv back in the day so I'm happy to see a lot of folks like Debra still getting work.

Aug 9, 2021
pierce brosan has been rendered in:

Goldeneye
Tomorrow Never Dies
The world is not enough
007 racing
nightfire
everything or nothing

and Daniel Craig has been in 4 james bond games (although his wikipedia entry says there are only 3 games...)

Harrison Ford has also appeared in lots of games, although it's hard to tell if it's a generic face vs ford's face for some of the games:

Infernal Machine
Emperor's Tomb
Staff of Kings
Star wars Battlefront 2

Nov 13, 2017
Just found this video of Debra talking to herself in 3 of her character voices (Oprah, Amanda Waller, Daisy Duck). That's Billy West levels of impressive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPiDZGETQ

This Nicole Sullivan erasure will not stand! She has an illustrious voiceover career as well (Mira, Shego, and more recently, Supergirl). A shame she never really entered the video game realm, as I think she'd be really talented at it, but I still see her on lots of live action sitcoms so she's definitely kept herself busy.

Taran did some Twitch streaming during the pandemic and I was surprised how good his taste in games is. Still blows my mind that he's married to Cobie Smulders though, lol.

Nicole was one of my all time favorites on the show! I admittedly don't watch much animated stuff, so I had no idea!

poplin

Feb 5, 2019
Lance Reddick has also been in a bunch:

• Horzion Zero Dawn
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Quantum Break
  • 50 cent blood in the sand
  • Payday 2