• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For people who thought he'd be in jail:

Hasn't spent a day in jail. Is confined to NY and CT, otherwise free to do whatever I guess. One of the charges dismissed. Trial date got pushed back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, dude's never going to prison. If he does, it'll be the cushiest one imaginable.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Money over everything. How soon until they arrest this guy or he runs off to another country?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alexandra Laliberte, the organizer of Actor's Hour, told BuzzFeed News it was the second time Weinstein had turned up to one of her events. Laliberte added that she doesn't have a security team, and rather than turn Weinstein away, she thought the community could address him.

"I welcome all walks of life into my space," she said.

I welcome people from all walks of life into my space! From rapists to arsonists to murderers to even the lowly mugger or pimp. All lifestyles are respected!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Who the fuck invited that guy to anything? Is there some sort of statue of limitations that allows people to slowly work a walking trashfire like him back into normalcy??

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alexandra Laliberte, the organizer of Actor's Hour, told BuzzFeed News it was the second time Weinstein had turned up to one of her events. Laliberte added that she doesn't have a security team, and rather than turn Weinstein away, she thought the community could address him.

"I welcome all walks of life into my space," she said.

I welcome people from all walks of life into my space! From rapists to arsonists to murderers to even the lowly mugger or pimp. All lifestyles are respected!
Interesting. So she is fine inviting him to events.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Never been to this spot but it's close to me and newish, getting reviewed bombed on google.

Downtime
25 Avenue B, New York, NY 10009
(646) 882-0593

It's getting destroyed on yelp too.

If you've only got one night in NYC, and you're looking for a bar where you can meet a famous sexual predator and call women c*nts to their face without being kicked out, Downtime Bar is the place for you, my friend.

In 2019, it's really hard to find safe spaces for white men...who rape people, so Downtime Bar is providing an invaluable service. Worried women may ruin your fun? The bouncers will have your back and get those shrews out in the street.

Downtime reserves the right to serve everyone because everyone deserves to have a good time, no matter how many lives they've shattered.

Come to Downtime Bar and party like it's 1999, and Miramax is producing hit films and women are getting assaulted with no justice!

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Kelly Bachman is a hero.

Every place of business should be banning him for life, Downtime deserves all the scorn it's getting. Hope he ends up in jail after the January trial with a worthy judge and great prosecution.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
People think cancel culture is real when the man who's behaviour started #metoo isn't even in jail, shunned from public life or dead

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I guess owning an island just for pedo/sexual assault stuff is the cutoff for this type of... person? ...Like, that's too far. "If you're gonna do that, we only ask you use a casting couch."

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory false equivalence surrounding sexual assault allegations
Hmm. Good on her for saying something. Good on the hecklers for saying something. I commend anyone that speaks their mind tbh. The bar shouldn't have kicked them out unless they were being disruptive and considering it was her time on stage doing her set (albeit an unfunny set) I feel they were completely in the wrong for sending them out.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Also remember he had a 1 million dollar bail, which in NY you only pay 6% of to get released lol. So basically he walked out paying cash he probably just has in one of multiple safes around his homes.

New York bail laws - 10% up to $3000, 8% for $3000-$10000, 6% for the amount over $10000
Mind fucking blown.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bar deserves the shit it's getting. Comedians mock and crack jokes on audience members all the time. They went to bat for him when the comic wasn't even disrespectful, she was stating facts.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I know someone who knows the person that ended up yelling at Weinstein. Wow! Small world.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A giant fuck you to the bar, to Weinstein, to anyone there who defended him, and to anyone who thinks "cancel culture" goes too far.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hmm. Good on her for saying something. Good on the hecklers for saying something. I commend anyone that speaks their mind tbh. The bar shouldn't have kicked them out unless they were being disruptive and considering it was her time on stage doing her set (albeit an unfunny set) I feel they were completely in the wrong for sending them out.
Good on the hecklers who heckled the woman that called him out?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

This is a ridiculous post and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017

This is some hardcore "both sides" level of contortionism.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good on the hecklers who heckled the woman that called him out?
"I commend anyone who speaks their mind tbh"
Lol
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

Oct 27, 2017

This post is actual physical trash

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017

Trigger warning for their thread on Twitter: They do talk about sexual assaults that they have suffered.

Good on these people for ripping this piece of shit. That bar deserves every piece of bad press they get.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope all the men who were booing get exposed. All of them are fucking trash.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What the hell is this "good on the hecklers" bullshit? Fuck the hecklers. Those assholes and Weinstein are the ones who should have been tossed out not her. She was 100% in the right here.