• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

He really wanted a Fugitive question.

giphy.gif

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the BR2049 thing I was talking about:
Nice example. I'll be glad to be wrong about my assumptions.

If you talk to him about airplanes and aviation in general, he's a chatterbox.

The examples of him outside of the Star Wars questions are working for me, yeah. But even then, people are saying those responses to SW questions are part joking (and others saying part truth). So that doesn't seem as bad as it did, initially.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
People going "Bububu Mark and Carrie" it's almost as if... they're all different people... and they all react to being part of the Star Wars conglomerate differently!?

The year is 2020, over 40 years since A New Hope was released in theaters
Interviewer: OKOKOKOKoko k ok but, Harrison, ok, but, [attempts to regain composure] who really shot first? 😂😂😂

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
The "Who gives a shit?" thing was a scripted joke on the Conan O'Brien show. Pretty much the same thing as William Shatner telling Trekkies to "Get a life" in a scripted joke on Saturday Night Live. The only difference is, Shatner got raked over the coals for agreeing to do that bit, while Star Wars fans love it when Harrison Ford abuses them, so they ask Ford to do it again and again, and squee when he does it.

That bit on Conan where whogivesashit.gif came from was about Indiana Jones.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Ford dodging pointless star wars questions like a pro...

source.gif
I still don't understand the point of editing Ford to move like this. He would have been out of the blaster shot even if he stood still.

I also like how the blaster shot leaves no mark on the wall at all. Would that thing have even scorched Han if it hit?

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
At his age, I wouldn't waste time responding to trite questions about things I don't care about either. Yeah, SW is a big part of his successful career, no, he doesn't have to be polite about it always.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been another actor so ungrateful and rude about the role that made them a success that they won't answer questions regarding It? Like Jesus, just fake it. You rich prick.

It's not cute when he acts like this, and I don't even care about Star Wars.

Can you really blame him when it comes to dealing with the obnoxious Star Wars fanbase? And of course acting out Lucas's Cringe-tier screenwriting back in the day.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not every individual in the movie making business likes making their work their life. not every actor enjoys doing PR tours. he isn't the roles he plays and he owes fans or interviewers nothing.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
Has there ever been another actor so ungrateful and rude about the role that made them a success that they won't answer questions regarding It? Like Jesus, just fake it. You rich prick.

I mean, in the words of Harrison Ford, who gives a shit? He gave the fans a bunch of movies and doesn't actually owe anyone answers to stupid questions.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Lmao gimme a break.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly joking around, but it still surprises me that people even thinks he cares. Dude just acts in movies. He's not expected to get into the lore and fantasy of it all. I can only imagine how many obnoxious Star Wars fans he's had to deal with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Whole lotta replies in here apparently missed the "playfully" part.

It's his schtick to pretend like he hates Star Wars all the time. He probably isn't pretending entirely but he gave some of his best performances in years to the sequel trilogy films, so clearly he doesn't hate it that much. Some of y'all need to lighten up.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

After how alot of the so-called online Star Wars fans behaved the past few years I can't blame him.

Oct 25, 2017
You being a fan of something does not mean, especially when it comes to actors, you are owed any time or attention paid to whatever inane bullshit you want to spew.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Idk why people are so convinced he knows what a force ghost is. I get the feeling he genuinely doesn't care at all about Star Wars beyond just saying his lines

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Seems to me that aside from a few exceptions, Star Wars actors don't care about Star Wars much. Reminds me when Boyega was trolling on Twitter.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Idk why people are so convinced he knows what a force ghost is. I get the feeling he genuinely doesn't care at all about Star Wars beyond just saying his lines
he was a happening actor after the first star wars. he wasn't going to be obsessing over the role or using it to stay relevant.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

I grew up with Star Wars and I think it's hilarious.

It's just a movie franchise.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ford is being deliberately obtuse for comedic effect.

- He knows what The Force is. He had lines about it in TFA. At the bare minimum he knows "Use The Force, Harry" like everyone else on the Planet Earth. It's magic. It's the specific brand of magic in the movies that he did.
- He knows what a ghost is. Everyone knows what ghosts are.
- A Force Ghost is, to any ignorant observer, a Magic Ghost.

The interviewer asks if the Han Solo that Ford portrayed in his most recent movie was a Magic Ghost or if he was a figment of Kylo Ren's imagination.

Ford says "I don't Star Wars. I don't know what a Force Ghost is."

He would have to know that a Force Ghost is something more than simply a Magic Ghost in order to suggest that there's something that he doesn't understand about the question.

He's playing with people. He's playing up his ignorance, and pretending that it's bigger than it actually is (there is an element of truth to the joke, as there is to all good jokes, because Ford has always been the least interested in the nerdy details of Star Wars out of any of the main cast).

I mean, he just said that he signed on to do the scene in Rise of Skywalker (which he could've incredibly easily said "No" to) because he felt it was important for Kylo Ren's character, so he is thinking about things (he didn't say "Who gives a shit?" and read some lines on a script for a paycheck, he seriously considered what was going on in the scene), and the report says that he "playfully" shot down the Force Ghost question. He's 100% playing here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
This just speaks to him being a grouchy ass dude I wouldn't want to talk to, to me. He isn't the only one from those movies that has been asked a billion questions, yet is the only one I hear about being so sour to people. Couldn't he just only agree to do interviews that don't ask about stuff he doesn't want to talk about? I hear about that all the time.
Lmao I know this is from Tuesday but Harrison ford owes nothing to any of you.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't really expect a bunch of people hating on Harrison Ford for not giving a shit about the question of whether Han is a fucking Force Ghost.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I mean, to most of these actors/actresses involved, Star Wars was that big breakthrough that would help them get bigger pay checks moving forward.

It's like expecting Elijah Wood to know the history and lore of the Hobbits because he was the main Hobbit in LotR.