DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something about this seems so... odd. Like they straight up 100% mirrored her horizontally.
japantoday.com

Why are so many Japanese women pigeon toed?

It is an obvious, perennial question, one that must pop into the head of every visitor within 24 hours of touching down at Narita, and yet a conclusive answer remains as elusive as the yeti. Having Googled the question, and read myriad conjectures, suppositions and wild guesses, I was still…

Deleted member 75954

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jul 24, 2020
TWItufz.gif

2dd.jpg

%28chunlibhp%29.gif
%28chunlicmk%29.gif
%28chunlisa2%29.gif

The Unholy Trinity

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday to The First Lady of Fighting Games.

Long may you reign Queen.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom actually retconned the birth years around the time of SFIV. It's Chun Li's birthday but she isn't 53.

Shame as I'm not a fan of "floating timelines".

Oct 25, 2017
Ages mattered a ton in SF until Capcom decided it would be more convenient for SFIV to ignore it altogether.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I kinda dislike that capcom showed us that in such a crappy way in SFV

The whole ensemble structure of the cinematic mode makes it impossible to tell an impactful story. NRS gets away with it because of high production values, but their story modes are rather forgettable too. You need a protagonist. Stories aren't just sequences of events, they're pivotal moments in a character's life. You gotta have a character to put on that pivot. You gotta have somebody you follow from their day-to-day life, a crisis that upends it, and into a new normal.

Imagine a Chun who achieved her goal of avenging her father years before, defeated Bison and got back to being a young single girl and all that. But now she's a middle aged woman who never really figured out what she wanted to do with her life. Just going from one fight to the next, until she hears about this dude called Urien trafficking children for some mysterious project. Orphans nobody cares to look for. Orphans like her.

Like the shit writes itself, but you gotta commit to a protagonist to tell it.