• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Livestream link

mixer.com/halo

t1559161800z4.png

To set expectations appropriately, we are going to be showing a small slice of a work in progress demo build of Reach running on PC. Our streaming setup isn't yet able to handle 4K hotness so it'll be an old school 1080p broadcast. We don't have a release date to share since it's all dependent on flighting and development (it's ready when it's ready). Max will also drop some new info on the progression system, we have updates on the specs for Reach matchmaking settings, and more...

Update with the big blog when it comes live

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
To set expectations appropriately, we are going to be showing a small slice of a work in progress demo build of Reach running on PC. Our streaming setup isn't yet able to handle 4K hotness so it'll be an old school 1080p broadcast. We don't have a release date to share since it's all dependent on flighting and development (it's ready when it's ready). Max will also drop some new info on the progression system, we have updates on the specs for Reach matchmaking settings, and more...

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Hope this stream gets archived somewhere, gonna have to watch after work!

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Awesome, I'll definitely tune in. I better see a debug FPS counter on screen that is a number higher than 60! hahaha

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Cautiously optimistic, 343 need to up their game to win me over after the MCC on xbox launch.

I'll be there.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
This will be the first time anybody has ever seen clean, non-ghosting gameplay of Halo RREEAACCHH, so this is kind of a big deal.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm counting on you people to drop the valuable information into this thread, because I won't be able to watch it live. Thanks in advance. :)

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Their setup can't stream in 4K? Lmao just send someone to the Fry's in Renton to get a 4K Elgato or something.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Halo Social streams the do every week are only on Mixer. So this isnt any different. More streams means more work, more chats etc.

Ya but still, theres a ton more people on twitch by default. Im sure theyd have more users watching overall if they were on both, and what they can do is only look at the mixer chat to answer questions. It would even be free publicity for mixer. If the twitch users wanted to ask questions, theyd have to log into mixer. Not being on twitch for these makes no sense to me. It can only hurt them imo.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot about Ruffian for some reason.

They're handling Reach to the Xbox One so they're not getting as much focus as Splash Damage who are doing a shit ton of work to make everything work on PC.

That said, it sounds like they have the Xbox One version running real nice.

Ya but still, theres a ton more people on twitch by default. Im sure theyd have more users watching overall if they were on both, and what they can do is only look at the mixer chat to answer questions. It would even be free publicity for mixer. If the twitch users wanted to ask questions, theyd have to log into mixer. Not being on twitch for these makes no sense to me. It can only hurt them imo.

If it's a tournament, they'll stream on Mixer, Twitch and YouTube, see: The Halo Championship Series. The amount of people who want to actually watch something like this, a development update, is pretty small. It's fine with me because it means those of us who participate in good faith can actually have questions seen in chat and get legitimate answers.

The E3 briefing in a couple weeks will be streamed anywhere MS will let them stream.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'm very thirsty for flighting to start for Reach already. Crossing my fingers I get in, but I feel I used up all my gaming RNG to get in on the WoW Classic beta most recently.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The current version of Reach probably cannot be set in 4k and even it does I don't think there is any optimisation yet for a 4k show anyway.
Reach is my favorite Halo with CE, I can't wait to see more of that good stuff but I hope that they won't forget about the Xbox players too. My X is waiting for Reach.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just wondering. I'm getting the game either way but is Reach remastered or is it getting the Anniversary treatment?

I always seem to miss that announcement.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they'll include some hints as to what they'll show at E3 for Halo Infinite?

Honestly, doubtful. This has sounded like basically a whole separate group, and they've been super focused on just Reach, let alone the other MCC titles in the pipe for PC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ske7ch his response on whole MCC on PC and how fast it will come.

It's hard to say really... The team does feel that Reach is probably the most challenging of all the titles being worked on and thus will take the most time. A good chunk of this initial work will pay dividends across the rest of the roadmap - i.e. stuff like the flighting pipelines, build management, etc... So, definitely not 'starting from scratch' with the other titles and we expect/hope that once Reach is out, the others shouldn't take the same amount of time. That said, it'll all be driven by flighting and quality so we'll have to see how it goes and take the time needed to get it right.

Said the same not so long ago. Reach is completely new even for Xbox. Then the work they did will help the other releases also and flighting will help even more.