• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Still baffled about these armour "tiers". I guess I could buy the first tier and see if it unlocks the next but I don't want to waste limited resources. If it's just linear unlocking, seems super dumb when Reach had a cool "pick what you want" system.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They're not, from the OP

8v8 Matchmaking
  • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
  • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
  • Settings: Title Update

Just got another Tempest, that's 4/9 matches on Tempest, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Still baffled about these armour "tiers". I guess I could buy the first tier and see if it unlocks the next but I don't want to waste limited resources. If it's just linear unlocking, seems super dumb when Reach had a cool "pick what you want" system.
It's linear unlocking, you just have to buy your way through it. I assume they did it this way because they either want to charge you more points for unlocks in the future (and maybe monetize from there), allow for alternative methods to unlock points outside of ranking, or both.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who owns it on STEAM let me know if you can earn Xbox live achievements on there?

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Sucks that this game isn't running ideally for everyone. Personally, my experience has been great on my laptop with a 1050ti. Getting a smooth constant 60fps which feels great to play. I've always had a soft spot for reach but I'm really, really can't wait for Halo 3. That game was my jam!

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I know audio is jacked but did someone in here say they've acknowledged it at least? Like I'm hearing all types of shit on the map.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
A couple of missions in on the campaign and right now all I can say is that I'm pretty underwhelmed, I skipped reach on my 360 and all I ever heard about it is how "epic" the campaign is, some even calling it the best Halo campaign, honestly right now it just feels like a wet fart, the music doesn't sound as epic as Halo 1 for example, the sound just feels so weak, and the general direction of the campaign seems so badly paced....Does it actually get better or am I in for a mediocre ride? Either way I'll play through it, but I can't say that I'm not disappointed right now :/

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The user rates on this is bonkers. 150k+ Steam concurrents and completion percentage of first campaign mission achievement is nearing 2% already, surely hitting it in the first 24 hours, meaning 2% of all the millions who have played will have unlocked that. I'm an English major, so pardon the math -- - if ONLY the 150k concurrents unlocked it, 2% would equal 7.5 million unique users since launch, no? So that means what? Counting Xbox 500k or more perhaps have logged into the game already? For a port of a 9+ year old game? That's, like, a lot.

By comparison, completion rates for the other campaigns range from 6-13% after all these years. So 2% seems small but is a really big number when you consider 5 years of sales and bundles and a couple years of Game Pass. It'll be interesting to see how high that puts the MCC on Xbox's most played games when it updates.

Correct me if I'm crazy. Old man English major with a recent concussion and a second glass of wine doing math here.

Sucks that Halo is a dead franchise. /s

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
I know audio is jacked but did someone in here say they've acknowledged it at least? Like I'm hearing all types of shit on the map.

Yeah, they've acknowledged it here:

Halo: Reach (PC) Known Issues List 12/3/19

• We have received reports that players can find matches faster by turning off relays in Network Settings. We are actively investigating this issue.
  • Audio quality does not currently match legacy Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) and is being actively investigated.
  • Third party software such as Corsair iCue, Logitech G-Hub, and Razer Synapse, may cause in-game stuttering. We recommend disabling these programs to alleviate the issue.
  • Player's character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
  • When using the narration feature, all menu options are not read for all screens.
  • When playing Co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
  • Prior to installing Halo: Reach, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
  • Players friended only over Steam do not appear in the Roster (must be Xbox Live friends). You can join upon your friends through Steam's friends list.
  • To send an Xbox Live friend request you will need to use the Game Bar, Xbox Companion app, or add them at Xbox.com
  • When launching in Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean the voice language pack may not install (Full KBA).
  • If a capture card is set to the default audio input device, all PC audio will transmit over voice channel (Full KBA).
  • Bluetooth headphones will prioritize communication audio after passing the main menu Full KBA).
  • When moving the game's window while in Fullscreen using the Windows, shift, and arrow keys it can cause the game to appear as a still image.
  • Cutscenes during Tip of the Spear can see performance drops using AMD graphics cards.
  • When trying to "Save As" File Share game types and maps that are not Halo: Reach they appear corrupted on relaunch of Halo: Reach. This is because you don't have the content required to play them.
  • Uninstalling the Steam version of the game with the Microsoft Store version installed will remove the Easy Anti-Cheat client and make the Microsoft Store game be unplayable. To resolve this please uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Store version.
Won't Fix and By Design Known Issues
  • With the Duke control scheme Switch grenade is mapped to LB and Flashlight is mapped to RB
  • When attempting to join friends using Steam's friends list or overlay your party will not be brought with you. To alleviate, join friends through your Xbox Live Roster in game.
  • Players who have picked up the active camo powerup are easier to see when moving on non-title update (vanilla) settings than title update (TU) settings
  • When entering full screen for the first time if previously snapped to half of a screen on 4k monitors, the game will not display properly when entering full screen. Simply Alt + Enter to resolve this.
  • There is no way to rebind the pause function

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I've played about 40 minutes of Reach so far and I'm glad it runs great on the enhanced graphics settings (at least at 1080p with the 60FPS cap on my i5 2500K+GTX 970). Also, it's great that you can actually have the crosshair centered like normal. But I dunno if this is a problem only for me, but the weapons all sound so muffled and feel so inaccurate (I remember this being the case on Halo CE and Halo 2 for Windows Vista as well), though this could be a nitpick since the guns don't all have ADS. Also, couldn't turn on subtitles regardless of setting, but maybe this could have been resolved with a restart of the game. Pretty good package, all things considered, since it's like 5 X360 games for a low, low price (the equivalent of 30USD in Brazil).

Edit: also, disappointed at the lack of advanced settings, though maybe I missed this somehow.

Everyone is having the bad audio problem. Apparently it's a problem with the audio mix on modern hardware. Hopefully they can boost it even a little bit. In the meantime, turn your music down to around 80% helps the situation a bit.

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
I've never really played Halo before but I can just can't get a feel for this at all, I feel the complete lack of hit/kill feedback has me fucked up, especially when everything I queued into is some long ranged DMR fest.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The first campaign level started out fine for me, but the framerate nosedived into the single digits in some open field firefight. The potato PC struggle. Ah, well. Tried a multiplayer match. The framerate was surprisingly high, but the map felt too big for the number of players. Felt like I ran around for 10 minutes without finding a baddie to shoot.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Really loving the ability to finally play this on PC, but I'm having issues where inputs just aren't being recognized. I'll hit reload, or melee, or scope and nothing happens. It's lead to more than a few deaths in multiplayer.

Also a bit disappointed that "enhanced" and "original" graphics options seem to be identical. Not that big a deal since even the original is still a good looking game, but given the huge difference in previous versions, I was expecting more.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Campaign really needs matchmaking.
I was gonna say go to the MCC Club MP tab. There's tons of posts for most games, and you're often partied up and playing in less than a minute or two in popular MP games (Destiny 2 is a prime example). But the HCC page seems down atm (Xbox) which I have actually never seen on a game before, and I use it constantly in a variety of games. The Clubs channel as one a 2-button/2-second LFG access for any game is by far the most under-rated new Xbox feature this gen IMO. Halo official discord has 16k+ people on it at the moment and the LFG channel is busy busy.

Matchmaking WOULD be nice though. Been whining about it for along time. Lack of it murdered Halo 5. The worst decision ever was they made it forced 4-player co-op (or else really stupid annoying AI squad) but then had no way to fill squads easily. Game's campaign is actually pretty fun with a full squad as long as you don't get too worried about the whole Locke v. Chief thing. The nice thing about finding people in LFG or Discord or Waypoint is you can find people willing to play as you want vs. randoms. Hey I want 3 with mics to play the whole legendary H3 campaign Saturday and achievement-hunt. Done. No way can you do with randos.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never really played Halo before but I can just can't get a feel for this at all, I feel the complete lack of hit/kill feedback has me fucked up, especially when everything I queued into is some long ranged DMR fest.

Can't agree with this at. Halo has some of the best shots hit feedback in the way of shields and shield pops to then go for headshots etc. Also watch your reticule turn red.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Do you mean the Infinity map from Halo CE? Because that's a good and super underrated map. :(

Those giant Halo PC maps are brutal on matchmaking, it's just constant suicide runs to drive over to the other base over and over and over. Like maybe they'd be cool with coordination or something, but man. Halo 1 is already brutal on a lot of the BTB maps because pistol beats everything, and then the PC maps are just driving for half the map, just to get somewhere, not even thinking of killing people.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
just did some campaign missions on coop, and other than some 2009 jank, it pretty good. I think the sound is dependant on you system (not great either way) mines sounded a bit dull, while my friend's system sounded really quiet

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
anything on them acknowledging input lag? There is clearly added delay to everything, and its just this game that does it. Because Destiny 2 is pristine in terms of feel

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
A couple of missions in on the campaign and right now all I can say is that I'm pretty underwhelmed, I skipped reach on my 360 and all I ever heard about it is how "epic" the campaign is, some even calling it the best Halo campaign, honestly right now it just feels like a wet fart, the music doesn't sound as epic as Halo 1 for example, the sound just feels so weak, and the general direction of the campaign seems so badly paced....Does it actually get better or am I in for a mediocre ride? Either way I'll play through it, but I can't say that I'm not disappointed right now :/
This is pretty much how I feel too. Halo Reach is my first Halo game, and maybe it's just the lack of nostalgia or aged graphics/mechanics, but it hasn't really thrilled me so far. It feels almost like a touch screen, sci-fi FPS you would play on an iPad or something. Hopefully the campaign gets better, and even if not, maybe MP will surprise me.

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot stress how fucking good it feels to actually have good armor customization tied to progression in game again, I actually feel a sense of pride and accomplishment by having the armor I earned and worked toward.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
damn what a blast from the past on multiplayer: teabagging and immature clan/id tags abound

Other than that, it has been fun so far. And unsurprisingly runs amazingly on PC.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
anything on them acknowledging input lag? There is clearly added delay to everything, and its just this game that does it. Because Destiny 2 is pristine in terms of feel

Input lag is one of the things that people who were flighting were saying justified the game being delayed. The devs responded that internally it was a lot better. I'm assuming this is what they mean by a lot better.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I keep getting a screen where I see the leaderboard and a background. Seems to be related to connection issues. Is anyone else getting this a lot?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I like how every achievement in this game is rare lol. It makes me feel special.

I literally hopped off the first Pelican and got a rare achievement, it made me do a double take.

Game looks pretty good for 10 years out (everything pops in 4k) but it has strange sound balance in my 5.1 setup. The inability to sprint and jetpack at will makes movement feel really dated compared to Destiny 2, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Game would be well served by a remake.

Of course I dipped my toes into MGS3 HD just before so Reach's controls felt silky smooth after that experience.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck the audio is borked.

Fastest I stopped playing a major new release since Outer Worlds with its Ultrawide issues. I'll come back once they get this running proper.