• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking the threat sensor in CTF is going to be huge.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking the threat sensor in CTF is going to be huge.

It'll be pretty huge in objective modes in general.

I like the big tell they've added to it as well. It's potentially the first decent area denial weapon we've seen in the franchise. There have been quite a few stinkers .

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this negative reaction to the delays forces their hand even further to revealing the next flight date at GC, lol.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be pretty huge in objective modes in general.

I like the big tell they've added to it as well. It's potentially the first decent area denial weapon we've seen in the franchise. There have been quite a few stinkers .
Grenades in general have always been good at this, especially in CE and H2 when you could carry 4 of each. H5 Pulse nade was good at it too, H3 Firebombs, Power Drain, Sticky Detonator, Plasma Caster, etc., bunch of good area denying tools over the years.

What stinkers are you thinking of outside of the H4 Pulse nade? I'm sure there are several lol, but I'm poopin atm and drawing blanks 💩

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
BfjL4ws.jpg

Is the Scrap Cannon a known thing?

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Grenades in general have always been good at this, especially in CE and H2 when you could carry 4 of each. H5 Pulse nade was good at it too, H3 Firebombs, Power Drain, Sticky Detonator, Plasma Caster, etc., bunch of good area denying tools over the years.

What stinkers are you thinking of outside of the H4 Pulse nade? I'm sure there are several lol, but I'm poopin atm and drawing blanks 💩
$

i didnt articulate my position really well.

threat detector is more "area deterrent" than "area denial" which I think is a better approach. I like it because it can make an area undesirable - but isn't damaged based so it doesn't ground the fight to a halt nor can it be used for "gotcha" kills

Most of the items you listed are just Weapons that do splash damage. Not really what I consider area denial.

The ones that were designed to deny areas over time, the stinkers are more often used in quick "gotcha" damage in the initial moments of a firefight. Either that or they are just ineffective - energy drain, pulse grenades, splinter grenades, firebombs etc…

Last edited:

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent too long a time a Half-Life fan to trust dataminers to be able to discern dead end from shipping content, let alone WIP from shipping content.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Well going by the datamine, there will be 30 fucking maps in the game lol
Was this the one that had straight up Halo 5 map names in it? I doubt that list is accurate. Same with weapons where they had some halo 5 weapons, two names for the heatwave, etc.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Was this the one that had straight up Halo 5 map names in it? I doubt that list is accurate. Same with weapons where they had some halo 5 weapons, two names for the heatwave, etc.
Well it had one Halo Online map name in it too, but we will have to wait and see fully. We should be getting the release date annoucement soon, so hopefully we just start getting a bunch of MP info too

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Shouldn't they know what content will be available at launch by now? I feel like they ought to start the full detail sharing soon ™

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The list with all original names is ~28. I think 7 were BTB.

I think a lot of those are post launch since the multiplayer has had an extra year to work on those.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The list with all original names is ~28. I think 7 were BTB.

I think a lot of those are post launch since the multiplayer has had an extra year to work on those.

Literally my faith in Max and the team at CA to do good Halo MP maps is higher than my faith in myself to get chick fil a every Friday morning

.... and I haven't missed a Friday morning chicky bicky in years.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet my house that there won't be 30 maps at launch.

30 map files named from the play test doesn't mean they are all going to be in the game.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
30 map names in a data mine indicates little. Some of those could have been cut, some could be future DLC, some could be duplicates under multiple working names. You have to be responsible when analyzing data mined info.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I tried my hand at it

I know the leaker people did it, but I tried to go through the text file and pick out legit map names also. 77 in my total estimation. There are many duplicates, and a few code names, tons of Warzone content, and test enironments. Like Moose said, there is really no way to know. However, I used my best judgement. Here are the 77 seemingly legit map names, sorted into 4 categories. Halo 5, Halo 3, Infinite Arena, Infinite BTB

Halo 3Halo 5Infinite ArenaInfinite BTB
GuardianAlpineAquariusBreaker
NarrowsAltitudeBTODrydock
AntifreezeBazaar 🗸Engine
Attack on SanctumBehemoth 🗸Exiled
ArrayCatalystFragmentation 🗸
BarrensCataractHighpower
BasinDamRockridge
Battle of NoctusDispatch
Breakout ArenaFaceoff
ColiseumFrost
CrossfireLaunch Site 🗸
DeadlockLive Fire 🗸
DepthsNeutron
EdenRecharge 🗸
EmpireRuins
EntombedStreets
Escape from A.R.C.Summit
FathomTemple
GambolUrban
GlacierVirgo
Grifball Court
Guillotine
March on Stormbreak
Mercy
Molten
Orion
Overgrowth
Parallax
Pegasus
Plaza
Prospect
Raid on Apex 7
Recurve
Refuge
Regret
Riptide
Solitude
Skirmish at Darkstar
Stasis
The Rig
Tidal
Torque
Trench
Trident
Truth
Tyrant

Guardian and Narrows being in there is a bit odd as it is not in Halo 5, and remakes never take their original name sake.

Drydock was previously the same name as an unreleased map for Halo Online, although it could just be coincidence

There are 🗸 by maps weve seen, there are also 3 additional map thumbnails that have yet to be connected to a named map here https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/p1a8oz/newly_halo_infinite_leaked_multiplayer_maps/

Worth noting that halodotapi said "21" in a tweet awhile ago. I assume they were looking at this same information before it became readily available

again, just running with what is out there, no way to confirm any of this, but interesting to dissect.

Also shout-out to clearly labelled MP only leaks, I was willing to read some pastebins on MP only stuff, I dont really feel spoiled by knowing that CTF will be in the game

edit2: holy fuck formatting is busted AF. Im gunna make it uglier, to make it more consistent
edit3: fuck these bullshit tables bro. it looks like shit, sorry everyone, gotta deal with it
edit4:
I hurt myself to make it look good

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I tried my hand at it

I know the leaker people did it, but I tried to go through the text file and pick out legit map names also. 77 in my total estimation. There are many duplicates, and a few code names, tons of Warzone content, and test enironments. Like Moose said, there is really no way to know. However, I used my best judgement. Here are the 77 seemingly legit map names, sorted into 4 categories. Halo 5, Halo 3, Infinite Arena, Infinite BTB

Halo 3Halo 5Infinite ArenaInfinite BTB
GuardianAlpineAquariusBreaker
NarrowsAltitudeBTODrydock
AntifreezeBazaar 🗸Engine
Attack on SanctumBehemoth 🗸Exiled
ArrayCatalystFragmentation 🗸
BarrensCataractHighpower
BasinDamRockridge
Battle of NoctusDispatch
Breakout ArenaFaceoff
ColiseumFrost
CrossfireLaunch Site 🗸
DeadlockLive Fire 🗸
DepthsNeutron
EdenRecharge 🗸
EmpireRuins
EntombedStreets
Escape from A.R.C.Summit
FathomTemple
GambolUrban
GlacierVirgo
Grifball Court
Guillotine
March on Stormbreak
Mercy
Molten
Orion
Overgrowth
Parallax
Pegasus
Plaza
Prospect
Raid on Apex 7
Recurve
Refuge
Regret
Riptide
Solitude
Skirmish at Darkstar
Stasis
The Rig
Tidal
Torque
Trench
Trident
Truth
Tyrant

Guardian and Narrows being in there is a bit odd as it is not in Halo 5, and remakes never take their original name sake.

Drydock was previously the same name as an unreleased map for Halo Online, although it could just be coincidence

There are 🗸 by maps weve seen, there are also 3 additional map thumbnails that have yet to be connected to a named map here https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/p1a8oz/newly_halo_infinite_leaked_multiplayer_maps/

Worth noting that halodotapi said "21" in a tweet awhile ago. I assume they were looking at this same information before it became readily available

again, just running with what is out there, no way to confirm any of this, but interesting to dissect.

Also shout-out to clearly labelled MP only leaks, I was willing to read some pastebins on MP only stuff, I dont really feel spoiled by knowing that CTF will be in the game

edit2: holy fuck formatting is busted AF. Im gunna make it uglier, to make it more consistent

edit3: fuck these bullshit tables bro. it looks like shit, sorry everyone, gotta deal with it

edit4:
I hurt myself to make it look good

Exiled? 👀

👍

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Exile is a meh map.

BTB maps that should be remade before Exile:
  1. Avalanche best map
  2. Zanzibar
  3. Longshore
  4. Waterworks
  5. Relic
  6. Headlong
  7. Terminal
  8. Rat's Nest
  9. Ridgeline
  10. Highlands
  11. Harvest
  12. Outcast
  13. Daybreak

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Exile is a fun map on the side of the Banshee spawn. The opposite side is the no fun zone.

It is the only BTB Halo 4 map I would want remade. Longbow, maybe.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, remade in Halo 5. Big circle map.

When I did the map brackets a few years back, Halo 4 overall did well against reach and 5. There are a few gems

Map was super overrated and played like shit in 5 the few times I played it. I do remember Exile after looking it up though. It was as fun as something could be in that games BTB.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Map was super overrated and played like shit in 5 the few times I played it. I do remember Exile after looking it up though. It was as fun as something could be in that games BTB.
It played like shit because they 3 power weapons within 5 feet of each other. Haven/Mercy are decent maps.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

Alot of those sentiments, same with Haven, personally I don't find the map design wise that interesting. But in the scope of Halo 4, it was good

For gods sake it's competition was this floating turd
latest

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory H4 DLC maps were generally all solid, way better than the launch maps and some actually-great maps like Harvest, Daybreak, Monolith, etc.

Didn't Certain Affinity create all of them? And they're working on Infinite maps 😎 Hope remains.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory H4 DLC maps were generally all solid, way better than the launch maps and some actually-great maps like Harvest, Daybreak, Monolith, etc.

Didn't Certain Affinity create all of them? And they're working on Infinite maps 😎 Hope remains.

Bro CA does everything that is good

www.certainaffinity.com

Halo Franchise - Certain Affinity

Halo has been a pillar of the FPS genre since the franchise launched in 2001. This influential series has released some of the best-selling titles of the last three console generations. Certain Affinity has had deep roots to the Halo Franchise before it’s founding. Max Hoberman and others who...

notice the lack of Halo 5 👀

Last edited: