• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking campaign blowout at the series x event, then mp at e3 with a beta date

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo

gimmy that brute chopper!

From the "The Making of The Halo Infinite Announce Trailer":

FRFxQXZ.gif

I never lost hope.

Oct 28, 2017
Brutes and proper ADS is a must to get me into Halo Infinite. I dont care about multiplayer and some dumb Forge maps. I just a want a campaign that looks and feels good with classic Halo enemies. Halo Wars 2's Banished are the best thing to come out of Halo in about a decade.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Brutes and proper ADS is a must to get me into Halo Infinite. I dont care about multiplayer and some dumb Forge maps. I just a want a campaign that looks and feels good with classic Halo enemies. Halo Wars 2's Banished are the best thing to come out of Halo in about a decade.
Why does Halo need "proper ADS"? I say ditch the smart-scope and go back to the way it was Halo 2/3. Introducing ADS will change the gameplay even more than sprint or clamber ever will.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why does Halo need "proper ADS"? I say ditch the smart-scope and go back to the way it was Halo 2/3. Introducing ADS will change the gameplay even more than sprint or clamber ever will.

Fuck yes. At the very least let me equip scopes on most, if not all, weapons in any mode. Let players decide. I wish I could ditch ADS in all FPS games I play, give me that sweet Halo Spartan link from Halo 2 BR/sniper thanks.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not a great fan of ads but I don't think they are that awful in Halo 5, do they stop you shooting from the hip? I think they are visually a bit messy in some though and much prefer simple clarity.

I hope 343 take away much of the spartan in helmet sense away, I think it was cool to a point, like a visor awareness, UI but I find it a bit claustrophobic and in the way when really the game world should be the wow with little taking it away. I know 343 have said it doesn't actually take away the FoV but being there it's not something I want to see when exploring, I need a simple UI and weapon/item of choice. Let the world be on show.

Oct 28, 2017
I just hate the way Halo 5 handles it. It doesn't actually slow down your aiming and you get zoomed out when shot. It feels about as tacked on as sprint did in Halo Reach. As someone who plays Halo 2 literally every day, i would love a classic Halo experience, but that just isn't happening in a game aimed at a much larger gaming audience. Either go all the way in and make Halo feel much more modern or just strip it back to the Halo 2 fundamentals. None of this half assed shit that the franchise has been playing with since Reach.

And i want the brutes back.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just hate the way Halo 5 handles it. It doesn't actually slow down your aiming and you get zoomed out when shot. It feels about as tacked on as sprint did in Halo Reach. As someone who plays Halo 2 literally every day, i would love a classic Halo experience, but that just isn't happening in a game aimed at a much larger gaming audience. Either go all the way in and make Halo feel much more modern or just strip it back to the Halo 2 fundamentals. None of this half assed shit that the franchise has been playing with since Reach.

ADS that slows down movement/aiming would be the worst thing for Halo

I'd rather have sprint

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes. At the very least let me equip scopes on most, if not all, weapons in any mode. Let players decide. I wish I could ditch ADS in all FPS games I play, give me that sweet Halo Spartan link from Halo 2 BR/sniper thanks.

This would be a great (and funny compromise)

Allow people the option to have classic smart link aim. Allow people to have a modern Halo 5 ADS that slows them down when aiming.

And then watch the ADS cry about how they always get beat in a fight.

I don't think you'll find many friends on HaloERA by saying you want the "industry standard" ADS that keeps you zoomed in and slows down your character. The modern ADS trends make all shooters largely feel the same. Sprint. LT. RT. Repeat. There's no jumping in the air, fast strafing. You have to generally choose between aiming/shooting and moving. One of the best parts about Halo's combat is how free your character feels in a firefight. If you take that away what exactly is appealing about it? It would feel like a stripped down Destiny maybe? CoD with a Halo skin?

You may however find friends in your take of Halo needs to stop half assing their design. Compromises won't make the game great. I would be 100% all in on a more "modern" feeling game in the Halo universe. But I don't want that from what is supposed to be a mainline title and successor to Halo 5. When Halo Reach was first teased, I was honestly expecting and hoping for Ghost Recon: Spartan Edition. Then leaks and gameplay happened and it was just a shittier version of Halo.

Oct 28, 2017
This would be a great (and funny compromise)

Allow people the option to have classic smart link aim. Allow people to have a modern Halo 5 ADS that slows them down when aiming.

And then watch the ADS cry about how they always get beat in a fight.

I don't think you'll find many friends on HaloERA by saying you want the "industry standard" ADS that keeps you zoomed in and slows down your character. The modern ADS trends make all shooters largely feel the same. Sprint. LT. RT. Repeat. There's no jumping in the air, fast strafing. You have to generally choose between aiming/shooting and moving. One of the best parts about Halo's combat is how free your character feels in a firefight. If you take that away what exactly is appealing about it? It would feel like a stripped down Destiny maybe? CoD with a Halo skin?

You may however find friends in your take of Halo needs to stop half assing their design. Compromises won't make the game great. I would be 100% all in on a more "modern" feeling game in the Halo universe. But I don't want that from what is supposed to be a mainline title and successor to Halo 5. When Halo Reach was first teased, I was honestly expecting and hoping for Ghost Recon: Spartan Edition. Then leaks and gameplay happened and it was just a shittier version of Halo.
Lol yeah its hard to make friends in the Halo community without making a few enemies ive noticed. Every one gets so personal in regards to the gameplay in Halo games for some reason. But in all honesty the more i think about it now, i don't even want a classic feeling Halo game anymore. I say i would "love" it, but i feel that those games exist already in the MCC. Im much more interested in the Halo universe at this point than i am the gameplay to be honest, and i want to just explore that world with much more modern feeling changes. Even the change in name from Halo 6 to Halo Infinite has me hoping that the series just moves on. Instead of clinging on to the past with all the bolted on garbage the past decade has brought us. Wether its sprint being a pick up item, ADS feeling awkward from what almost every other game has now, to ordnance drops. It all just feels like some hacked server ive logged into where people modded this stuff into Halo lol. I hate it with a passion.

I know its not a popular opinion but i just want to leave classic Halo with the MCC and see 343 go all the way in on something new for the Halo universe. Many franchises do it and Halo shouldn't be some sacred ground. Ive been following this thread for awhile now and love reading all your guy's feelings towards the future of Halo and any new Halo Infinite scoops. I mean no harm.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The Banished need to be a major force in Infinite. They are the best group 343 have created by far, and the designs are top tier.

Their weapon sandbox and unique units would also be different from the standard Covenant. But mainly I want actual Halo Wars units in the main games. Locust and Blisterback's would be fun to use and different from the thousandth Warthog and Tank variant, and I like the Brute's spike rifle design.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
The Banished need to be a major force in Infinite. They are the best group 343 have created by far, and the designs are top tier.

Their weapon sandbox and unique units would also be different from the standard Covenant. But mainly I want actual Halo Wars units in the main games. Locust and Blisterback's would be fun to use and different from the thousandth Warthog and Tank variant, and I like the Brute's spike rifle design.

Atriox is probably one of the best villains in Halo history.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Atriox is probably one of the best villains in Halo history.
He's probably my favorite in the games. Him and Didact are pretty good, so it sucks that 343 can create them but at the same time write Jul and Warden and Cortana.

Halo Wars 2 also did a great job of having additional Banished leaders that are very capable.

Along with them, the Spirit of Fire would actually be a massive buff for the UNSC whenever they rejoin. Red Team upgrading from Mark IV to current gen Spartan tech would be crazy to see in action.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope brutes fight more like Halo 3 than Halo 2 or Reach brutes. I don't care if they're too similar to Elites, Reach and Halo 2 brutes fucking suck to fight.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Brute 3 has disappeared from the IMDB page. Until we meet again this Holiday season Mr Brute!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Halo 3 chieftans are legit, I should run away time....oh wait rocket launcher...last shot....oh shit....really angry....ahhhh....carbine.....shit shit....brute shot....two shots left....shiiiiiit.....fucking plasma pistol....needler....come on....explode....night night mr hammer man.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
He's probably my favorite in the games. Him and Didact are pretty good, so it sucks that 343 can create them but at the same time write Jul and Warden and Cortana.

Halo Wars 2 also did a great job of having additional Banished leaders that are very capable.

Along with them, the Spirit of Fire would actually be a massive buff for the UNSC whenever they rejoin. Red Team upgrading from Mark IV to current gen Spartan tech would be crazy to see in action.
I'm not sure what happened with the story in 5 to mess this up so much.

Jul had a great buildup in Spartan ops and the books, then dies in a cutscene at the beginning of the game.

Warden gets hints of development (he's not an AI!), But it never goes anywhere.

Cortana is made evil by waking guardians (which in turn causes massive damage to the world's they were on) and seems to not care about this for no apparent reason.

Like, what?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Atriox was nice, but I miss Gravemind the most.

"Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us brothers."

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always fear Gravemind would be the worse boss battle if you did actually face off the worm plant. It's not like Halo is Dark Souls or Monster Hunter.

Oct 26, 2017
Had a blast playing 3, Reach and 4 last night with some of the old crew.

I really enjoy a lot of the additional stuff in the games. More so than most of the community. I hope that grappling hook picture turns out to be legit.

I always enjoy the movement abilities and while thrust is balanced I don't mind more wacky things in social modes. Hopefully they balance any new additions so they can be in all game modes. I don't want another MLG v7 Reach situation where it's so different from the main game.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Doubtful Gravemind will see a return when they just killed a proto-Gravemind in Halo Wars 2.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see Mendicant Bias show up on the Halo installation this time around.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I always fear Gravemind would be the worse boss battle if you did actually face off the worm plant. It's not like Halo is Dark Souls or Monster Hunter.

Yeah, I'm actually happy that they canned the Gravemind boss fight in Halo 3. I'd still be interested how the concept looked like.

Halo 3 chieftans are legit, I should run away time....oh wait rocket launcher...last shot....oh shit....really angry....ahhhh....carbine.....shit shit....brute shot....two shots left....shiiiiiit.....fucking plasma pistol....needler....come on....explode....night night mr hammer man.

That Brute Chieftain fight at the end of The Ark blew my mind, when I realized that he'll challenge you to a 1vs1, if you don't shoot him or his Jetpack Brutes. A pretty nice hidden mini boss fight.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Biggest obstacle to Atriox/Banished in Halo Infinite, is... Halo Wars 2. Would they make the antagonist in their massive new next-gen push for Halo, a villain from their lesser known RTS spin-off games? I'm dubious.

And there's also the expectation that Halo Infinite is going to be focused on concluding the current arc from Halo 4 and 5, since that's an elephant in the room they can't really ignore.

Maybe Atriox could become the new "big bad" after the Evil Cortana junk is tied off - hopefully with her "death"

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest obstacle to Atriox/Banished in Halo Infinite, is... Halo Wars 2. Would they make the antagonist in their massive new next-gen push for Halo, a villain from their lesser known RTS spin-off games? I'm dubious.

And there's also the expectation that Halo Infinite is going to be focused on concluding the current arc from Halo 4 and 5, since that's an elephant in the room they can't really ignore.

Maybe Atriox could become the new "big bad" after the Evil Cortana junk is tied off - hopefully with her "death"

i sware to god, as unhappy as i am with halo 5's story, they had better not just wrap up the evil cortana arc like they did didact. the made their bed, time to get as much enjoyment out of it as possible (and i think there are a LOT of interesting places this could go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.