Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yeh I know, caring about your rank is a big part of ranked for people, which is inherent to the mode I think.

maybe, but the goal of that mode is to get you playing against people that are your level. so that matches are never blowouts and they are more fun. At least that's what it was originally. There always have to be people at the low end or there could be no high end.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
How do you fix broken achievements?

I don't have the Unlocked the Thruster and Theat Sensor ability achievements but I have the Fully upgraded achievements for them?

and I don't have the shield or Grappleshot fully updated achievements even though I've upgraded every piece of equipment.

the update today fixed this. When you log in they should all pop. That's what happened to me.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
What the fuck are you even talking about? Lmao. Mouse and controller have different advantages at different ranges, that much is obvious. The ability to not disable crossplay for a mode that would greatly exaggerate those differences in either direction is a dumb choice. Stop assuming shit
Except that you can't stand on the fence now because you literally just said that you have had a negative experience playing against kbm. The mode in it if itself doesn't exaggerate differences. What it does do is exaggerate whether or not someone can get headshots consistently and I think that if your skilled in either input you'll do well regardless. You clearly think otherwise or have some other argument so let's just keep it moving.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
okay so there's a new bug where instead of counting progress towards new challenges it'll just repeat what you did the prior game for old challenges and then nothing will count towards the new challenges RIP

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
Except that you can't stand on the fence now because you literally just said that you have had a negative experience playing against kbm. The mode in it if itself doesn't exaggerate differences. What it does do is exaggerate whether or not someone can get headshots consistently and I think that if your skilled in either input you'll do well regardless. You clearly think otherwise or have some other argument so let's just keep it moving.
No, I've had experiences playing AS both and can FEEL the difference for myself. I find the difference large enough to warrant the option to disable crossplay. I think you're right, let's agree to disagree and move along. I'm sorry for any hostility, I don't think I was communicating well.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
No, I've had experiences playing AS both and can FEEL the difference for myself. I find the difference large enough to warrant the option to disable crossplay. I think you're right, let's agree to disagree and move along. I'm sorry for any hostility, I don't think I was communicating well.
Likewise. Hopefully they'll enable options that satisfy everyone.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I do hope that when/if Infinite becomes unshackled by last gen, 343 will look into explosions. In Infinite the vehicles just go poof, there is virtually no debris, flames, smoke or whatever.

It's crazy that Halo 3 (among others) is still miles ahead on this front. Not holding my breath though as both 4 and 5 were bad in this regard, doesn't seem to be 343's strength. Which is kinda weird as you'd think that it could all be ported over relatively easy considering Halo's been on the same engine since forever.

The ghost used to split up in several pieces, sometimes an additional part would overload. Scarabs would literally crackle and then burst wide open, I have seen a piece of debris squash a mongoose. Those are awesome.

Did we need the 'doomed' state effect in campaign? It's so ugly.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If thats the case then are they refunding players who bought them?

I don't think they detailed what the items are, I'd assume it's stuff like the samurai helmet that wasn't on sale yet that wasn't in the pass despite pretty clearly being the original default helmet.

Edit: He DOES actually mention store so you're right. Hm. I'd hope they refund then, lol.

Last edited:

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
The current live stream from the Halo team made me impulse buy a Mega Razorback kit. Ah well.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Wow so that duplicate score screen / no credit bug just happened to me twice in a row. Is this a glitch with the FFA playlist? I'm not getting any post game report just a blank screen and no challenge credit.

God they cocked up this update so bad didn't they jfc

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Wow so that duplicate score screen / no credit bug just happened to me twice in a row. Is this a glitch with the FFA playlist? I'm not getting any post game report just a blank screen and no challenge credit.

Restart the game? Updates break things, especially when rushed, it's gonna happen.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I tried Tactical Slayer once and I made it to 2 kills and 19 deaths before I just quit. Literally not even worth trying to play, haha.

I played two games and had a lot of fun with it, and I was on a controller (Elite series 2 with the triggers capped at 50% throw). I loved SWAT, though. It was all I played in Halo 5. You definitely need to change how you play the game, though.

I miss having the pistol for that mode, though.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It took me 5 FFA games to get it to credit one of them for my challenge. My friend had a similar issue where it only showed 2 people post game.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
It's such a weird bug though it's not only that it's simply not counting credit toward challenges, it's literally repeating the last time it DID count challenges correctly.

What I mean by that is, 2 games ago I finished 2 challenges and advanced to level 66 on the BP. For the next 2 games, it replayed that post game animation, complete with the old challenges and level 66 unlocks, instead of counting my current progress. Very odd.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
Playing campaign on Normal is weird...I am dying in regular fire fights but not against bosses. Just did the AA guns, and it was easy.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Guess I'm not earning the toaster this week. Every single weekly challenge of mine is for modes I have zero interest in playing. Swapped one out, gave me another of the same.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I do hope that when/if Infinite becomes unshackled by last gen, 343 will look into explosions. In Infinite the vehicles just go poof, there is virtually no debris, flames, smoke or whatever.

It's crazy that Halo 3 (among others) is still miles ahead on this front. Not holding my breath though as both 4 and 5 were bad in this regard, doesn't seem to be 343's strength. Which is kinda weird as you'd think that it could all be ported over relatively easy considering Halo's been on the same engine since forever.

The ghost used to split up in several pieces, sometimes an additional part would overload. Scarabs would literally crackle and then burst wide open, I have seen a piece of debris squash a mongoose. Those are awesome.

343 definitely doesn't know how to do explosions. Halo Infinite frags in particular are ugly as sin and have no force behind them. You could literally copy/paste Halo CE's 2 decade old frag explosions into Infinite and it would look better than it does right now. Frag grenade sound effect is also not good in Infinite. Its just a crunch where it should be a kablow if ya get me. The fact that there's so much nade spam in Infinite makes it that much worse.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
343 definitely doesn't know how to do explosions. Halo Infinite frags in particular are ugly as sin and have no force behind them. You could literally copy/paste Halo CE's 2 decade old frag explosions into Infinite and it would look better than it does right now. Frag grenade sound effect is also not good in Infinite. Its just a crunch where it should be a kablow if ya get me.

I think they just don't care for certain effects. Which is a shame.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
"Blademaster, show him why I chose you."

This fight is fucking garbage. Jesus. I don't know who the fuck thought it was fun to fight invisible elites that can one shot you kill you. These boss fights are the absolute worst part of this game. So poorly designed.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This Halo has the absolute best AI interaction between the diferent species. Elites commanding to flank, brutes charging, etc.

And the Grunts are the best! Love their dialogue.

The best being from a comm tower.
"A poem to the Master Chief, Your teammates are blue, your blood is red, and your parents forgot about you"

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021

This fight is fucking garbage. Jesus. I don't know who the fuck thought it was fun to fight invisible elites that can one shot you kill you. These boss fights are the absolute worst part of this game. So poorly designed.
Threat sensor.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If it were made that way specifcially then I think caling it ranked and having progressive tiers that are better than the previous is a poor way of achieving it, it's obviously designed to be competitive and to

I love the boss fights, some of my favourite parts of the game. You can use your threat sensor to see them and your grapple to move away.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
This Halo has the absolute best AI interaction between the diferent species. Elites commanding to flank, brutes charging, etc.

And the Grunts are the best! Love their dialogue.

The best being from a comm tower.
"A poem to the Master Chief, Your teammates are blue, your blood is red, and your parents forgot about you"
Your blood is red, your teammates are blue, your parents dont remember you.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the monkeys paw to see what else they've done to the event.
The other major change they made is how many fracture challenges are available and where they show up in the challenge list to make it easier for people to work through it.

Ultimately this will probably impact how they build and release future Fractures, they're just course correcting for this one since the Live team screwed up by showing store content in the marketing material vs only being the free content.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Lmao just won a ranked game because the other team had an AFK farmer. Onyx 1518.

Gratz to 343i for killing the best part of this game's MP with their idiotic braindead challenge design :(

The AFK farmer was a Diamond V, so no, high level SBMM will not keep them out of your games

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao just won a ranked game because the other team had an AFK farmer. Onyx 1518.

Gratz to 343i for killing the best part of this game's MP with their idiotic braindead challenge design :(

its one thing to have gameplay altering challenges for social playlist, but to have them for ranked as well is particular nasty.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
a96gu9cu99571.png

Is this the set that is going to be free?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

They are trying to get you to use the threat sensor

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

It really just comes down to how they are utilizing their hardware. With Halo 3 things were extremely sloppy. They put massive investments into certain things like the HDR system, water, fog and the particles and then later had to cut corners with things like the resolution, performance, model quality. With Reach particles were moved over to the GPU which allowed a lot of cool stuff, but then H4 with it's next get assets strained the GPU more and particles were one of the first things to be significantly scaled back. Then the switch to Slipspace for Halo 5 had it's own issues with achieving that 1080p 60 FPS when for the bulk of development it was targeting 720p 60 FPS.

Infinite's engine tech is not a huge leap from 5 in many areas, and having to support such old hardware has it's obvious effects from where it was already struggling with H5.

Status
Not open for further replies.