Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Interview with Joel Corelitz on of the composers
www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Infinite - Joel Corelitz – Through the Trees

Please welcome our third and final Halo Infinite composer, Joel Corelitz! Jump in to learn more about Joel's approach and process to writing Halo music while listening to a new exclusive track, "Through the Trees."

Previous ones

www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite | Set a Fire in Your Heart – Official Soundtrack

Its premiering now Interview

www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite Track - Reverie + Interview with composer Curtis Schweitzer

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/curtis-schweitzer-s-reverie

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Is the soundtrack already complete?

Jan 4, 2018
Wow, that sounds like Marty's work (A Walk in the Woods) on the original trilogy.

It sounds very Metroid Prime 1 also imo.

And that's beautiful.

Can't wait for the game. The soundtrack is a 4/4 so far (with the classic theme in the 1 minute trailer)

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the soundtrack already complete?
Given it was supposed to release in Nov, I'd bet alot of the core systems and sound design was near to completion.

But this is good news, means they've got more time to iterate on what they've produced (which was supposed to ship) and continue to polish.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
This is really great, and it's a vibe that's been missing from Halo music since 343 took over. Glad to have it back.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
This...is the most Halo sounding thing I've heard in a while. Sure it's a bit of a remix but wow, they fucking nailed it. Bravo 343i. The music is on point.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
So this is a third composer added to Schweitzer and Cocker. Joel Corelitz, author of Death Stranding's soundtrack.

And yeah, very Halo CE-ish. I can imagine myself walking through the tranquillity of a lush valley, exploring and waiting for the next Banished ambush.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great sound btw, now THATS Halo, 343.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I love the vibe of this track. I really hope Infinite is worth the wait.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Best track so far. Interesting that it's done by a third composer, he nailed it.

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Best of the tracks so far, it's just pure Halo from start to finish. But it's also a Remix of " A Walk in the Woods" by Marty so there is that.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like it could've been ripped straight out of Halo 1-3, which is a bit weird. But who cares if it means having that Halo goodness once again.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
They seem to be building off the themes of the original games in a way that Marty does when doing a sequel. I'd like to imagine thiis is probably where the Halo 4 soundtrack would have gone if 343i didn't want to go in a different direction.

Really hope they keep some of Kazuma's themes though, 117 mainly.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, thats really fucking good.

Set A Fire In Your Heart > Through the Trees > Reverie thus far, but all great.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This is SO GOOD, and this track/theme that he is referring to from Halo 3 is one of my absolute favorites in all of Halo. Glad it has been brought back and re-imagined in such a unique way.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017

Even though this is obviously most inspired by A Walk in the Woods from H1, this just reminds me so much of Peril from Halo 2, and how perfectly that song was used in that game. That track on its own made that part in the trees on Delta Halo one of the most memorable segments of any Halo game to me, if this song can be used even half as well in Infinite it'll be amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
This is great. The soundtrack was such a big part of the atmosphere of the Bungie Halos, so if they can recapture some of that it will do a lot of legwork for the feeling of Infinite.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
All 3 tracks have been great but I think this one my be my favorite. Super chill but bringing the vibes.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I am ALWAYS down for a Walk in the Woods rework. This was great. Love the percussion and choir here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nails those old Halo CE/Halo 2 percussion vibes.

I'm not music theory expert in the slightest but one of the iconic things about Marty's score was the use of percussion with the sweeping chanting and strings/horns

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
pickard-sploding.gif

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
<3 this! Nicely done call-back to Marty & Michael's work. Major exploration vibes.

Last edited:

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the tracks we've heard so far are great. Way closer to the original trilogy, which I like.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Can't express how much I'm loving this soundtrack so far.

If you had told me this was an original trilogy track I would believe you.

Oct 25, 2017
More lovely music, again reinterpreting/extending marty's existing work. Each preview track so far is relying heavily on existing tracks. Leading with nostalgia is obviously a good move for trying to win people back, but I'm only marginally interested in quotes. Much more interested in the larger "sonic surprises" to come later down the road.

But something I really like about this game is that they have a handful of composers all working on it together. I think it's strange that media projects will often have an army of artists but just one composer, maybe with an assistant. That sometimes leads to them putting most of their energy into only a few select tracks, with the rest sometimes falling behind creatively, because the bandwidth simply isn't there. With Infinite's expanded music department, they've got a lot of creative bandwidth to go around! I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My "Tighten up the graphics on level 3" suggestion is to punch up that percussion. Then its perfect.