• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted on the Halo demo overall. The campaign tease seemed great in everything but visuals, which still don't look very good to me. I think they're having significant engine troubles. The MP demo also looked rough and significantly rehearsed / faked. They seem to have really significant technical hurdles making this game. The lack of specific release date makes me think we may see another delay, and I hope they give it to them if they need it, I guess.

The artstyle is also still very much not for me. I love that it tries to go back to the more natural landscapes of the original Halo games, but the lack of lushness in the environments combined with the cartoony / toyish look of the spartans and vehicles really hurt the art of the game. It just doesn't look very good.

I'm fine with that if the game delivers on its promises of a more open world Halo sandbox with a good story that goes back to the series roots.

But that game worries me, for sure. I was STILL not impressed overall, a year later.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bigger player count does not mean better. I think 12v12 is fine for Halo but if you went any more you would need likely a new game mode specifically for it. CTF with 50 on 50 doesn't sound great tbh.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
2022 incoming. Barebones 'reveal' for a game that was supposed to release last year. No specific date is making me think it's not releasing this year.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
The fact they decided to close the show with Red Fall and not Halo Infinite speaks volumes. They did not open or close the show with Halo. No release date either. I am pessimistic to say the least.

Some of you will never be happy.

I'm trying to not be bitter and jaded I really am.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
This doesn't look like much of an improvement over last year's showing tbh. They also didn't show the campaign, which leads me to believe it's not that much better either. Disappointing.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Those armor designs are easily the best the series have ever seen, that MP trailer was great.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was there sprint in the trailer? I don't think I saw anybody sprinting which is a good thing imo.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Watching it again, the graphics are a massive step up from last year. Like, it looks fucking great.

immediately I hated the plastic, megabloks visuals from July 2020. I love the look now.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Looks good, but I have to admit maybe coming after that incredible showing of Battlefield didn't help the game

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The fact they decided to close the show with Red Fall and not Halo Infinite speaks volumes. They did not open or close the show with Halo. No release date either. I am pessimistic to say the least.

I'm trying to not be bitter and jaded I really am.
Halo 3 has a 3 minute trailer at E3 2007 that was a collection of gameplay snippets.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see more! What they showed looked promising as a lapsed Halo fan since 4.

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
I still believe that sprint doesn't has a place in Halo, but looks fun regardless. Excited that MP is F2P.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I'm very pleased with is how solid the lighting looks in comparison to Halo 5's. There's depth to the Spartans now.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the gameplay looked like a blast. But maaaan do the visuals look poor in multiplayer. And they're made to look even worse being shown off so soon in the show after BF2042.

Oh well. Graphical fidelity has never been the thing players come to Halo for, it's the gameplay. And that looks great.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pvp looked very janky with typical 343 warehouse map design. And a horrible color spectrum.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Sigh, really disappointed that it seems like it's much slower paced/less movement oriented than Halo 5. If anything Master Chief Collection showed definitively that Halo doesn't work with M&K due to the ease of tracking targets. The thrusters and "advanced mobility" added a new skill ceiling and moving around the map felt so much fun with all the tools constantly at your disposal.

I'm sure it'll still be more fun than Halo 1-Reach and I'll still get it and most likely enjoy it a lot, but the core gameplay seems like a step back from Halo 5.

failgubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I know they said Halo infinite is Holiday 2021 but no date and no gameplay plus the picture with the releases only showed mp as Holiday makes me think that the campaign might be slipping

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun.
Doesn't look like a huge visual leap from the last showing, which is expected given that it is still a cross-gen title.
120FPS in multiplayer is really good news though. Glad that it is there.

Bit worried that there is still no firm release date. I hope it turns out good.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah dude, halo multiplayer, f2p, new mechanics, PC... Basically all i wanted for years now.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a toggle for RvB for fucks sake. I don't care about your Barbie doll customization.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
2022 incoming. Barebones 'reveal' for a game that was supposed to release last year. No specific date is making me think it's not releasing this year.
The game has been content complete for a long time. We're getting more stuff this month, tomorrow we get an in-depth overview of multiplayer. The lack of a date is probably just them wanting to avoid any issues.