headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see the Craig glow up.

Hopefully they preserve that old face for science though.

Oct 26, 2017
Such a good improvement
EozuwALWEAMYuw3.png
The lighting in Halo 5 was also ass, but it's still an improvement.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also think that the in engine 2018 and 2019 trailers did more harm than good. They set unrealistic expectations for the games visuals. Leaving 343 with a bar thats probably close to impossible to hit

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's not like I'm upset to be wrong though, I'm happy to be wrong really in this case lol
Yea, this is only good news. There's no way the game wasn't going to look like shit if they released it that soon given what they showed us only a few months ago (it's been a long fuckin year, but that was only about 5 months back).
Now we can have a proper hype train free of worry.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
They put a lot of effort into coatings and it's a source of monetization which has me worried they will kill red versus blue for team games. I think that would be a horrendous choice as I like the easily identifiable teammates/enemies. It would be cool if they had different red and blue coatings for team games in addition to the spartan's base look.

Just do it like Rocket League.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Fall 2021 sounds good to me. Let the team take the time they need to spruce things up without killing themselves. The screenshots we just got are already a huge step up in terms of lighting. The blog post makes it sound like visuals are the primary focus which makes sense.

I also dig what they said about the multiplayer as a live service. Seems like a heavy emphasis on customizing your Spartan with gear and shaders which I'm down for. I kind of hope the implement a Battle Pass-like system.

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldnt get ahead of ourselves with these renders. The halo facebook page just posted what looks like the same renderer for their halo 3 models and it looked very similar to these renders and, it goes without saying, way better than they look in game.
that's how I feel about it too
single character in ideal render settings looks pretty but isnt indicative of gameplay, maybe of cutscenes
I still like to look at these and appreciate the armor preview, but i dont expect gameplay to actually look like that
people shouldnt read too deeply into those shots
the multiplayer render is more useful in showing what the game currently looks like (not as good as the armor renders of course, but better style than h5 i think)
and there's still a year ahead too, so future previews will be more useful
this is just a tasty appetizer

Last edited:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this is only good news. There's no way the game wasn't going to look like shit if they released it that soon given what they showed us only a few months ago (it's been a long fuckin year, but that was only about 5 months back).
Now we can have a proper hype train free of worry.
Yup, now that the info train has kicked off again I am excited for Halo next year. That and with MCC getting the Custom Game Browser and Mod support, it's going to be a good year!

You lucky dog, dang. Congrats on the wife (and Series X, I suppose lol)
Thanks hahaha

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is 343 still going to have to support 2013 Jaguar CPUs for their 2021 holiday release? Or can they completely focus on Series X|S ?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is 343 still going to have to support 2013 Jaguar CPUs for their 2021 holiday release? Or can they completely focus on Series X|S ?
I have an odd feeling that what we saw in July is mostly how it will look on XBO and that the XBO version will not make it through the full 10 years.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
microsoft was desperate to have this game as a launch title, they literally had nothing else. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and they got the time. Still its an embarassing look for microsoft. They insisted for months the game would be out this holiday, now its lol see ya next holiday. They should have never commited to a holiday 2020 release. They took a bath and lost a ton of money marketing this game this year. There are still halo infinite energy drink cans everywhere, they waisted a shit ton of money on these deals. The game needed to be delayed, but im also blaming microsofts total lack of planning for this console launch and giving entirely unrealistic time frames for halo.

People also forget that a pandemic is happening which did cause some issues with the games progress early this year.

Oct 25, 2017
I found Halo 5's customization a bit hard to navigate. The same pieces being duplicated 7 times with slightly different texture variations that are hard to see on the small icon, and scattered around in a big heap of unlabelled options, was just a nightmare.

I hope they improve menu organization and clarity in infinite.
Don't list variations as separate piece listings, just bring up a menu of variation options when you select that piece.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found Halo 5's customization a bit hard to navigate. The same pieces being duplicated 7 times with slightly different texture variations that are hard to see on the small icon, and scattered around in a big heap of unlabelled options, was just a nightmare.

I hope they improve menu organization and clarity in infinite.
Don't list variations as separate listings, just bring up a menu of options when you select that piece.
Hopefully they emulate the Reach UI. It had overall the best user interface in the franchise.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
After playing Reach on the XSX they can spend as much time as they like, MCC is fucking beautiful and as long as they get the reboot right I am happy

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot, isn't multiplayer 4K and 120fps? I guess those screens are good considering.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Till a few months ago the game was about to be release lol

Clearly it needed a lot more work. Let's see how it goes.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Eowv6GuXYAcCTJD

I kind of wish they'd drop that hexagon pillars on cliffs thing. At a glance it looks like those textures that bug out and stretch out to infinity because of wrongly placed vertices on broken graphics cards

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wonder if the hexagon cliffs will change a bit, be more interrupted by organic materials. I suspect it will.

can't wait to see the brutes, and just see how this looks in motion.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Eowv6GuXYAcCTJD

I kind of wish they'd drop that hexagon pillars on cliffs thing. At a glance it looks like those textures that bug out and stretch out to infinity because of wrongly placed vertices on broken graphics cards
Its kind off by design, since its supposed to represent parts where the halo is incomplete and rebuilding itself. I think they look fine but not on all angles. When you are close to the cliffside and not looking at them from far away they look worse.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Red-Orange-Yellow

Blue-Pink-Purple

Been a while since I've played, but I think that's the 3 colors you choose from.

It's more like... Yellow-Orange-Red-Pink vs Green-Cyan-Blue-Purple. You can pretty easily make two cars that look very similar. Rocket League gets away with it because of the name tags, it wouldn't be clear enough for Halo.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, I totally forgot the MP was gonna be F2P. Dang I hope it's good.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So like, how are coatings gonna work in typical RvB MP?

feels like the elephant in the room, as that whole system is likely going to be far less gratifying than similar systems in other games due to color based MP.

I still think primary/secondary colors should stack with coatings, which at least may give more user control over appearance in arena MP

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
So like, how are coatings gonna work in typical RvB MP?

feels like the elephant in the room, as that whole system is likely going to be far less gratifying than similar systems in other games due to color based MP.

I still think primary/secondary colors should stack with coatings, which at least may give more user control over appearance in arena MP
wouldnt that still be an issue. mp is always red vs blue unless rumble. whether you chose from a colour wheel or coatings, why would it change

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
That pickup should be camo
hi-multiplayer-map-1-4k-03a0b43b63454dc6affd23b8119a86b0.png

Spartan Strike Camo Top Left:
djLMyfP.jpg

Icon is slightly different with vertical vs horizontal but fairly similar plus the item floating looks like the camo and OS module you slam into your spartan from Halo 5.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
It's more like... Yellow-Orange-Red-Pink vs Green-Cyan-Blue-Purple. You can pretty easily make two cars that look very similar. Rocket League gets away with it because of the name tags, it wouldn't be clear enough for Halo.

They're gonna have to push coatings to make money, so I would about guarantee you'll see something like RL for non competitive playlists. Their Team Arena equivalent for Infinite will probably stay RvB.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I have more games than I can keep up with, and don't expect to catch up even by next Fall. Glad they're taking their time, never a bad thing and rushing during a pandemic is stupid anyway.

Those screenshots above look excellent.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna have to push coatings to make money, so I would about guarantee you'll see something like RL for non competitive playlists. Their Team Arena equivalent for Infinite will probably stay RvB.
We may also see an Invasion like gametype with Spartans versus Elites and then you don't need colors.