Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I feel like you're an island in this thread of sharks.
Im just asking a question not trying to fight.
Nothing is confirmed for launch because we don't have launch dates. Spiderman was billed as "holiday" which the assumption is a stand in for the launch date but nobody knows for certain.
Thx for the info
Still disappointed at this decision for the launch of the console
But i really want halo to be good again.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
The old Microsoft never would have done this. Eagerly anticipating when this game eventually comes out. Microsoft and 343 Industries have made the right call. This is like the most feel good delay I've ever seen.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just a reminder what the current gen's exclusive launch titles were.

PS4:
- DC Universe Online
- DriveClub
- Killzone: Shadow Fall
- Knack

Xbox One:
- Dead Rising 3
- Forza Motorsport 5
- Killer Instinct
- Ryse: Son of Rome

I think we're going to be fine folks.

I mean DR3, FM5, KI, and Ryse it's not a brilliant line up but what's Series X exclusive line up ?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. From someone who leaked the entire June event. They also said ratchet was a launch game same with gt7 and Miles Morales.

Same with sackboy adventure.
Dunno what the hell Microsoft is thinking

Excuse me but Halo 4 got the best score in the franchise

www.ign.com

Halo 4 Review - IGN

Halo 4 isn't just the return of Master Chief, it's the beginning of a new era for the franchise. Can it live up to the legacy? What if it's even better than ever?
lmao

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Chris Lee will be putting in his resignation when they go gold. There is no way that heads dont roll for this, this was the cornerstone of their entire console launch and this will likely crater Xbox sales in 2020.

I would never wish anyone to lose their jobs, but we are talking about untold damage to the brand in what was likely Xbox's most important quarter in a long time.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
While not a launch line-up per se, there are 15 games annonced for PS5 and coming in 2020. List here: https://www.inverse.com/gaming/ps5-launch-titles-release-date-sony-exclusives

5 of those games are not coming to Xbox this year (Miles Morales, Jett, Godfall, Deathloop and Astro's Playroom). So it's not like it's completely unknown what the PS5 will have, at least within a month, max two months of release.

From that list, Dirt 5 and Bloodlines 2 just got delayed and lot of games there have only vague "2020" launch dates, I wouldn't be surprised if some were delayed, including Deathloop.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are not ready. They had their hardware finalized long time ago. But something on the software kits that co-incide with windows update for PC. Some things are not where they should be and covid has fucked progress on that. Hence no Ray tracing or gameplay outside of medium and Halo last month.
Lol wut

They are waiting for a Windows update?

This forum sometimes

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bummer not having Halo for launch window, but definitely for the best. If a decent stimulus bill doesn't get passed, I'd be too broke to care anyway lol.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
343i had 5 years, and still failed to deliver a game on time.

I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but I fully believe the studio to be 100% incompetent at every facet. Their collection of blunders in such a small time for a studio is basically unrivaled. What they showed last month was, honestly, a joke. They showed an amazing in-engine teaser in 2018 (which now only god knows if that was actually in-engine or just some CGI trailer), spent weeks hyping up the event, and then showed that... thing.

Well.. In the end, the delay is a good thing. It cannot get worse than what was shown, right? But, still.. I just do not believe 343i to be able to deliver a good Halo game.

Last edited:

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
I was really surprised people where saying that this game look anything close to being ready to be shipped. More than just graphics looked rough. Gotta make this game great or Halo could be close to done for

Nov 15, 2018
This is going to hurt Gamepass too. All those potential new subscribers for November are now no longer going to get it until Halo launches possibly several months later? That's hundreds of millions of lost revenue.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
giphy.gif

It needed time to cook in the oven some more. Glad Microsoft is allowing that, even at the potential cost to the XSX launch.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Must have been a very tough decision to make. Here's hoping this extra time will give the devs some breathing room to make a show piece for the XSX. (without needing to kill themselves doing it)

There is so much to be excited for about next gen no matter what your console of choice is.

ecnal

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine Chris Lee will be putting in his resignation when they go gold. There is no way that heads dont roll for this, this was the cornerstone of their entire console launch and this will likely crater Xbox sales in 2020.

I would never wish anyone to lose their jobs, but we are talking about untold damage to the brand in what was likely Xbox's most important quarter in a long time.

Understandable perspective.

343 was always in a tough spot... not only did they have to follow one of the industry's best studios, but they also had to shepherd a beloved franchise.

Microsoft should have put Halo on ice after Bungie parted ways, and resurrected it when they actually had something worthwhile. Microsoft execs have some blame here too.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Lol wut

They are waiting for a Windows update?

This forum sometimes

Not windows update. But they are changing a lot across the board in windows which is for brand new cards coming with new abilities. Why do u think gpu scheduling has been so flaky?

They have been updating a shit ton for new features. They are getting ready to release an AI based HDR system in windows. That all is going into Xbox series x software kits. They both go together in api development and updates.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It cannot get better than what was shown, right?
Wrong.
If they will release it around March-April 2021 at earliest, they would have additional 9-10 months of polish from the Demo build we've all seen.

More than enough time to put everything together, polish things up and add hardware Ray Tracing support from D1.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I've stopped caring about game delays. Assuming I don't get hit by a bus or something, I'll play games I'm interested in when they come out, so it's fine. I have other things to spend my time on. I want to see what lessons, if any, they learned from Halo 4 and 5, so if this is delayed to the end of 2021, so be it. I'll play it then.

From an armchair analyst perspective, though, I wonder what the incentive is for people to pony up for a Series X this year. Maybe Microsoft is playing 3D chess and the console doesn't actually matter - they just want you to subscribe to Gamepass and play their games wherever?

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Wrong.
If they will release it around March-April 2021 at earliest, they would have other 9-10 months of polish from the Demo build we've all seen.

More than enough time to put everything together, polish things up and add hardware Ray Tracing support from D1.

Ops, I meant to say "it can't get worse". My mistake. I'll update my OP.

Jul 20, 2020
Excuse me but Halo 4 got the best score in the franchise

www.ign.com

Halo 4 Review - IGN

Halo 4 isn't just the return of Master Chief, it's the beginning of a new era for the franchise. Can it live up to the legacy? What if it's even better than ever?
I remember how well received Halo 4 was when it first came out because I was a Halo hater at the time (I sucked at it), to now hear everyone talk about how bad it is/was is odd.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances they're able to match the 2018/2019 graphics? I'd be surprised if they're able to reach that.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
343i had 5 years, and still failed to deliver a game on time.

I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but I fully believe the studio to be 100% incompetent at every facet. Their collection of blunders in such a small time for a studio is basically unrivaled. What they showed last month was, honestly, a joke. They showed an amazing in-engine teaser in 2018 (which now only god knows if that was actually in-engine or just some CGI trailer), spent weeks hyping up the event, and then showed that... thing.

Well.. In the end, the delay is a good thing. It cannot get better than what was shown, right? But, still.. I just do not believe 343i to be able to deliver a good Halo game.

I don't think they are that incompetent. I think they just bit off more than they could chew. Kojima Productions also developed a new engine while working on an open-world game for the first time and mgsv shipped unfinished. Maybe they should have built the engine first for a linear game and then jumped to the open world.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
As much as XSX needs Halo, I don't think a piece of hardware since N64 has needed a killer app like Switch needed Zelda. I'm convinced the entire launch was delayed out of holiday 2016 to ensure it was ready to go. With direct competition from Sony and third parties needing the console to be out this fall, MS doesn't have the same luxury.
Yeah you're right, the switch needed Zelda, the Xbox has a lot more to rely on and yeah it needs to release this fall regardless. Still, quite the hit.

Just as an aside, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the problem isn't graphics? I feel like Halo Infinite suffers from an identity crisis, like at some point it felt like they were confused as to what they were trying to achieve with this game. To me it hasn't been clear what Halo Infinite is about, is it open world, what does open world add to halo experience, how is the multiplayer different etc...

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
This delay isn't going to lead to sweeping changes on the graphics and art direction like some hope. The game is just too far along for that. This feels much more like a COVID-driven delay with the added goal of having ray-tracing in at launch instead of being patched in afterward.

Ray tracing is going to make it look like a completely different game and MS knows it.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I've stopped caring about game delays. Assuming I don't get hit by a bus or something, I'll play games I'm interested in when they come out, so it's fine. I have other things to spend my time on. I want to see what lessons, if any, they learned from Halo 4 and 5, so if this is delayed to the end of 2021, so be it. I'll play it then.

From an armchair analyst perspective, though, I wonder what the incentive is for people to pony up for a Series X this year. Maybe Microsoft is playing 3D chess and the console doesn't actually matter - they just want you to subscribe to Gamepass and play their games wherever?
This hardware is amazing. In addition to whatever launches, people will play games like ori and dirt 5 at 120fps they're going to be happy they got the XSX at launch.

launches are rough