• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
My magnifying glass is ready, cancelling my gamepass if I find any missing shadows in the trees of the mountains far in the distance.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-when-55157418.png

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
Description of the stream

The Banished have defeated UNSC forces and taken control of the mysterious Zeta Halo, threatening the survival of humankind. When all hope is lost and humanity's fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief returns to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced. Here's a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Talk about a shadow drop lol. I now have something to look forward to seeing tomorrow.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I thought for sure we'd be waiting until that anniversary thing in November, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Forza and Halo. Series X owners about to eat.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man if they land this campaign…

Open-ish world Halo is fraught with ways it can go wrong but I'm all about seeing it work.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Oh my god, please just be good. 343 killed the multiplayer so far, just need the singleplayer to finally hit.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
I'm excited for a new take on the open world FPS. Far Cry has cornered the market there for a while and those games have gotten pretty stagnant - I think Halo could do something really cool, and the multiplayer beta has given me confidence that it'll at least be fun.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers: it plays like Halo.

I dunno what people are expecting besides taking a peek at the visual improvements since that E3 demo.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
So what are you guys wanting/expecting to see here to consider this a "good showing"? Graphics should look great, but what kind of demo could we see gameplay-wise?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I am so pumped. And this gives me the sense that they are confident, based on pretty much nothing lol other than the expectation that we'd have to wait until the 15th to see more.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers: it plays like Halo.

I dunno what people are expecting besides taking a peek at the visual improvements since that E3 demo.
Its open world for the first time so how are missions doled out? Are there NPCs around the world that give you missions? How is exploration done? Will there be puzzles now? Are there dungeons? There are A LOT of questions since its the first open world Halo. When they say open world...are we talking more Horizon, Breadth of the Wild or GTA?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for round 2 of backlash.

I really need to finish catching up with the Halo games. Finally in Reach and just two more to go

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
cant wait to see more of the sp. its been so long

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Hope it shows really well, for both 343 and the game itself's sake.

Honestly, I never was as down/negative feeling towards the game and its initial gameplay reveal. I thought it looked fun and good, even if it wasn't some mindblowing graphical showcase.

The multiplayer flights have been very fun (albeit enraging at times lol) and I'm way too excited for the multiplayer alone.

Hopefully my excitement for the campaign starts to match my excitement for multiplayer after this showing.

And I'm one of the weird people who thinks Halo 5's campaign, Warden Eternal notwithstanding, was actually pretty damn solid (the one playthrough I played anyway...). I thought it was quite a bit better than 4's campaign, so I have pretty good hopes for Infinite's.
Gameplay wise the campaign reveal looked great! It's just that the graphics were flat. I'm still really excited even after the reveal last year.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The flights have shown me already that 343i has made the best playing FPS gameplay ever. All that's left for campaign is to see how the story turns out and how the open world is structured.

Wish it was December already.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it shows really well, for both 343 and the game itself's sake.

Honestly, I never was as down/negative feeling towards the game and its initial gameplay reveal. I thought it looked fun and good, even if it wasn't some mindblowing graphical showcase.

The multiplayer flights have been very fun (albeit enraging at times lol) and I'm way too excited for the multiplayer alone.

Hopefully my excitement for the campaign starts to match my excitement for multiplayer after this showing.

And I'm one of the weird people who thinks Halo 5's campaign, Warden Eternal notwithstanding, was actually pretty damn solid (the one playthrough I played anyway...). I thought it was quite a bit better than 4's campaign, so I have pretty good hopes for Infinite's.
Halo 5 did get alot of hate it didn't deserve. It definitely could have been better in areas. But it was shit on because of MCC and the fact it wasn't Bungie.