P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
UPDATE #2

Just grabbed some shots from Halo Infinite Campaign IGN Video Preview (4K/60 stream).

They are all in-game:

Ab9uAMk.png

ISZTzbT.png

0RV1MXp.png

nelofsH.png

jy4WaBB.png

I99fay8.png

opLuaiT.png

ZzhsVvI.png

b5QVRiU.png

vyU9EpU.png

sf51hVB.png

4r2wiF8.png

VvYTol9.png

mCW6JAf.png

h1SELP0.png

UPDATE:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Immagine_17.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

THEY DID IT.

I personally grabbed some Halo Infinite Campaign pics from the official 4K E3-2021 conference VOD:

abosHkw.png

6Yrm7zK.png

7inum1t.png

VWDhFQ6.png

9X94Xkb.png

XIajpjg.png

0EsogaU.png

CapitalOnlyBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif
RawForsakenGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif
UncommonKeenAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif
MinorGrizzledKookaburra-size_restricted.gif
SelfassuredWhirlwindIcelandichorse-size_restricted.gif

This looks stunning.
Halo never looked so good in 20 years, both visually and from an art PoV.

Also consider that those cinematics are running at 4K/60 with no cuts as the rest of the game, so those will directly and seamlessly blend with gameplay (as we've also seen at the end of the campaign segment, switching to first person Chief)

I'm really really impressed by what they're pulling off on Campaign-side, especially compared to last year presentation.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Hard to say. Last time we got actual gameplay. This time we got cinematics both for single player and multiplayer. Better to judge when all the facts are in!

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda wished they'd said "real time in-engine" just to be super clear. Looks fantastic though.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
I wouldn't say "stunning" like I would for Forza Horizon 5, but it looks good enough for me.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Those are all in-engine screenshots lol

There are PS4 and Xbox One games that alreay look way better than this:

7inum1t.png

SodapopVII

Oct 27, 2017
Stunning seems a word a little over-selling it - but it looks good for sure and most importantly fun to play. Also let's wait for new gameplay footage to really make a call!

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
It's certainly much improved and the art direction is on point but 'stunning' is not the word I would use.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine. It's time to accept that Halo will not be the technical master showpiece. For Xbox? That is FH5.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Hard to say. Last time we got actual gameplay. This time we got cinematics both for single player and multiplayer. Better to judge when all the facts are in!
Campaign side we had a "fly through" camera view of the Zeta Halo open world, but that was still in-game + the cinematic sequence which started after is basically the actual game intro and an extension of the E3-2019 segment, with a final seamless ending directly into first person gameplay (which was then cut from the presentation).

The Multiplayer trailer is entirely composed of in-game sequences except some small CG intermissions + they will show it again in-depth today for around 10-12 minutes.

Basically 95% of the things they showed are from the actual game.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am not nervous, it will be in the holiday at some point, but it looks absolutely stunning! So hyped to play this game!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to other open world games, it really doesn't. As long as they nail down the gameplay tho, it'll be fine.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Its cinematics look at the same level as before.

We didn't yet get any kind of campaign gameplay demo to compare.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in seeing weird space stuff than shiny things, but it also looks pretty sharp here. Good!

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
Judging by how good Halo 4 looked on Xbox 360 and how good Halo 5 looked on Xbox One, I was never concerned that Halo Infinite would be a gorgeous Halo game. It's one thing 343i consistently knocks out of the park. Remember, even Halo 5 got big improvements months after reveal, so I expect Infinite to continue looking better!

I'm beyond hyped for Halo even more after yesterday's showing!

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The In-engine shots always looked great since they showed that 2018 trailer. The issue is gameplay didn't look great which is by the couple of gameplay screenshots in your op, seems to continue. It's at least improved.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
First of all, it's hard to say since the trailer has zero gameplay but in motion it doesn't look that much different from last years showing other than maybe the absence of pop-in (which again is hard to tell with no real gameplay). Overall, it doesn't look that impressive honestly.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I don't agree if I'm honest. Not every game needs to be stunningly beautiful though.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Absolutely; it was silly for people to cast such hard judgement on Microsoft and 343 Industries so early on---even then everybody involved on the MS side showed their good humor in embracing the 'Greg' meme. Like---no wonder devs in the industry want to keep their work so private. I'm happy the xbox team felt comfortable to show off Halo Infinite early on and continued to patiently interact and hear fans all the while committed to tuning up the game.

Vasto

May 26, 2019
I would have loved to see the same type of presentation that we got for Forza Horizon done for Halo Infinite. Halo Infinite looks so much better now for sure but I still want to get a closer look.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely; it was silly for people to cast such hard judgement on Microsoft and 343 Industries so early on---even then everybody involved on the MS side showed their good humor in embracing the 'Greg' meme. Like---no wonder devs in the industry want to keep their work so private. I'm happy the xbox team felt comfortable to show off Halo Infinite early on and continued to patiently interact and hear fans all the while committed to tuning up the game.
Wasn't the game supposed to be released last year? showing the game a few months before release is not early.

Crax

May 21, 2018
Honestly, the only thing that was really missing last year was the lighting imo. They seem to have really improved that aspect and made not look so flat all the time. Looks great now.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Obviously it's not technical powerhouse like Rift Apart and Horizon 5 but from those screens it does look good now, certainly better than what they showed last year.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The open shot of the campaign is clearly gameplay. Nothing about it is different from multiplayer.

Also the cutscenes have seen a dramatic overhaul. Compare those to the 2019 and 2020 trailers. Massive jump.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Wasn't the game supposed to be released last year? showing the game a few months before release is not early.

Maybe so, but we have to consider the pandemic effects on development. All in all, it does look like a stunning game both technically and, of course, in art direction. They really have put in a lot of hard work and it shows, I think!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree, I think it looks okay for current gen. It probably won't be a visual stunner, but it doesn't really need to. It can still be a great game.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I agree that I think it looks great. I feel like in engine in this case just means running off a PC in real time in a scripted camera sequence (because you won't be flying a camera around like that in gameplay), but it's still running the open world in real time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Those shots do look rather nice, but I'll judge it based on actual gameplay, not carefully curated screen shots and cutscenes. Thankfully it's free on GP so its not like it'll cost me anything to try it!