BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Only threat is if Shottzy quits CoD and joins the optic roster. Which I'm hearing might actually happen.

Why on earth would Shotzzy leave CoD which pays a shit ton more to come back to Infinite which is currently struggling on all facets?

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love if Shotzzy came back and competed in Halo, but unless MW2 is an absolute disaster I can't see him leaving CoD.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Where ya at? lol

So Lethul was dropped, is not retiring, and was a long time coming. Even though they won KC his performance was not enough to save his spot. SEN doesn't mess around, they know when someone is not pulling their weight. I mean they even had the balls to drop Ogre 2 back in the day.

SEN clear favorites from hear on out. Only threat is if Shottzy quits CoD and joins the optic roster. Which I'm hearing might actually happen.

Curious to see where Spartan lands. The more I watch of his gameplay he might actually be the best player in the game right now. If he lands on Faze that's a scary team, but Snipedown needs to quit. He is also washed.
He's definitely one of the best free agents. Hopefully his situation gets sorted out, I can see him on FaZe, but I think Optic needs to consider getting Spartan. Spartan/Lucid duo to combat a duo like Frosty/Renegade. Not to mention the other two beats on the team in Snakebite who is one of the smartest players in the game and Royal 2, another beast slayer. Bound/Stellur another fantastic slayer duo.

That sentinels team is looking far too strong on paper, we'll see how it looks in gameplay. But if spartan is up for grabs, any one of Formal/apg/trippy can get dropped because quite frankly all 3 drop the ball quite a bit in tournament play. I don't see them dropping formal because he's a fan favourite though. Also they should also consider team dynamics with Ola is that's the case. Interesting times ahead

Last edited:

Chasex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He's definitely one of the best free agents. Hopefully his situation gets sorted out, I can see him on FaZe, but I think Optic needs to consider getting Spartan. Spartan/Lucid duo to combat a duo like Frosty/Renegade. Not to mention the other two beats on the team in Snakebite who is one of the smartest players in the game and Royal 2, another beast slayer. Bound/Stellur another fantastic slayer duo.

That sentinels team is looking far too strong on paper, we'll see how it looks in gameplay. But if spartan is up for grabs, any one of Formal/apg/trippy can get dropped because quite frankly all 3 drop the ball quite a bit in tournament play. I don't see them dropping formal because he's a fan favourite though. Also they should also consider team dynamics with Ola is that's the case. Interesting times ahead

Real question is why C9 chose Bound over Spartan. The only explanation which makes sense is Spartan simply isn't available. Not only is Spartan better, he actually has a decent personality and could be a big streamer. I mean he rages out sometimes, but he's got strong opinions and it makes for entertainment. Bound on the other hand is massively cringe.

On the Optic side Lucid and Formal cannot be replaced also because of the marketing aspect, though I still believe Ola is a better fit for that team in terms of tournament play. 8 ping Formal is a beast online but he looked slow at the tournament. I don't think they can win their current roster. With Spartan instead of APG they can compete with SEN in terms of firepower.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Where ya at? lol

So Lethul was dropped, is not retiring, and was a long time coming. Even though they won KC his performance was not enough to save his spot. SEN doesn't mess around, they know when someone is not pulling their weight. I mean they even had the balls to drop Ogre 2 back in the day.

SEN clear favorites from hear on out. Only threat is if Shottzy quits CoD and joins the optic roster. Which I'm hearing might actually happen.

Curious to see where Spartan lands. The more I watch of his gameplay he might actually be the best player in the game right now. If he lands on Faze that's a scary team, but Snipedown needs to quit. He is also washed.
Assuming the rumours are true… I don't think it proves your point anywhere near as much as you think it does.

You could make a strong argument that Renegade is the best player in the game - you could swap any player from any team with him and it would probably be improved. If the best player in the game is available you're going to go for it regardless of how good the alternative is.

There's also the added benefit in that this massively weakens Sen's biggest competitor.

Chasex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Assuming the rumours are true… I don't think it proves your point anywhere near as much as you think it does.

You could make a strong argument that Renegade is the best player in the game - you could swap any player from any team with him and it would probably be improved. If the best player in the game is available you're going to go for it regardless of how good the alternative is.

There's also the added benefit in that this massively weakens Sen's biggest competitor.

Dude, what else could possibly happen to prove my point? It's all come true. How much factual and circumstantial evidence does it take to convince someone? Besides the awful statistical performances at every event this year, and the eye test of many knowledgeable competitive halo players, he now gets dropped by his long-standing team of close friends… even after they just won an event. Also SEN sought out Renegade (particularly Frosty), not the other way around. It's not that he just happened to be available. Think about it why would he leave C9 unless he knew this opportunity? SEN just 4-0'd C9 with renegade, so in what world do they make this change if Lethul is performing well? And why Lethul? Why not Royal 2 or someone else? The only reasonable answer is they know it was a carry, they know it's not sustainable, and they know who the problem is. Which is exactly what I said. This case is closed.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what else could possibly happen to prove my point? It's all come true. How much factual and circumstantial evidence does it take to convince someone? Besides the awful statistical performances at every event this year, and the eye test of many knowledgeable competitive halo players, he now gets dropped by his long-standing team of close friends… even after they just won an event. Also SEN sought out Renegade (particularly Frosty), not the other way around. It's not that he just happened to be available. Think about it why would he leave C9 unless he knew this opportunity? SEN just 4-0'd C9 with renegade, so in what world do they make this change if Lethul is performing well? And why Lethul? Why not Royal 2 or someone else? The only reasonable answer is they know it was a carry, they know it's not sustainable, and they know who the problem is. Which is exactly what I said. This case is closed.
You can't prove your point because your point is wrong.

You cannot carry a player and win a major tournament. You cannot be carrying a player and 4-0 C9.

Lethul is the weaker of the 4 players but again, he's only getting dropped because the replacement is arguably the best in the world (or inarguably top 3).

Or to put it another way:

Lethul getting dropped for Renegade is not proof that he was getting carried.

It's an indication that Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty and Renegade are currently playing better than Lethul.

The thing is that you could replace Lethul with any other name in the world and that sentence would still be true*.

*Maybe barring Lucid but I have my doubts about how good he really is given Optics inability to pull it together.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Lethul might have been 4th best on the squad, but the list of players on the scene that you can replace him with is short.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
You can't prove your point because your point is wrong.

You cannot carry a player and win a major tournament. You cannot be carrying a player and 4-0 C9.

Lethul is the weaker of the 4 players but again, he's only getting dropped because the replacement is arguably the best in the world (or inarguably top 3).

Or to put it another way:

Lethul getting dropped for Renegade is not proof that he was getting carried.

It's an indication that Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty and Renegade are currently playing better than Lethul.

The thing is that you could replace Lethul with any other name in the world and that sentence would still be true*.

*Maybe barring Lucid but I have my doubts about how good he really is given Optics inability to pull it together.
Agreed, doesn't make sense to say Lethul was being carried, during that tournament because all though he did have a rough start when it came to when it matters, he obviously played extremely well vs C9 and optic and did a lot of crucial work. He plays his role very well and is a pest on the map, communicating effectively where opponents are at all times. There's absolutely no way you can say Lethul is carried and yet sentinels swept C9 on lan. Renegade is simply the best player up for grabs and Lethul was the weakest on the team, still an absolute beast though and we will just have to wait and see how renegade does with Sentinels squad.

Kind of reminds me of Apg criticisms. APG might be the worst player on optic, but he also might low-key be the second best, it's not so simple. If you look at his numbers particularly assists and objective the guy is obviously very good and in the last two tournament plays he arguably had the second best performance on the Optic squad. At the same time people will look at his damage dealt and say he usually has the lowest, which is true, but looking at everything as a whole It's not so cut and dry to me that he's the worst player on the squad, nor pistola, trippy or formal. They all seem like they're around the same level, but i think it would still be a good idea for them to gun for Spartan, of it's possible.

With that said, I actually do think Optic can won with their current squad, probably the new C9 as well. This new Sentinels squad will clearly be the new favorites but I think C9 and Optic can still compete.

Faze with Spartan, Bubu, Falcated and King Nick would be pretty cool as well, same with a new eUnited squad, I hope we can see clear cut teams for those squads in the coming days/weeks!

Oct 31, 2017
that would be hilarious
It probably won't but it seems stupid as hell to me. Yeah, Lethul may not have been playing as well as he was in H5 but I honestly feel that way about all the dudes on that Sentinels squad. That all of them were way more shaky/less consistent overall.

Faze and EU blowing up makes sense to me, as both of those squads seemed highly volatile and not long for this world considering the players and their skills/personality temperaments.

But Sentinels dropping TJ after winning the largest Infinite tournament yet with him to both theoretically make their "team" stronger, while trying to intentionally blunt their perceived/actual closest competition just feels desperate to me and I hope it backfires spectacularly.

I'd like to see Lethul and Pistola join up with Snip3 on Faze and for those three "washed" (lol) players to throw down. Not sure who a potential fourth would be for those three in that theoretical setup though, but I have to imagine that'd be the likeliest thing to happen.

Maybe they pick a guy up on a short term basis but then wait for Mikwen to become eligible to then run a olds squad. Though I think it probably would be best to have at least one younger player with them tbh.

Oct 31, 2017
Zero shot, the only team that could compete with lethul on their team is optic or c9 and i dont think they will pick up lethul.
Yeah it probably won't, realistically. These kinds of moves in any sport almost never backfire unfortunately.

Still shitty though. I'm sitting in Mikwen's stream atm and he literally just implied that they did him pretty dirty but that it's not his place to talk about it. So yeah, sounds like some drama.

Deliverance

Aug 1, 2020
Honestly it is wild how history repeats itself. Like, it is a shockingly similar situation lol

I see what you mean, but this comparison doesn't work that well to me because CLG wasn't winning when they dropped Ogre 2. I dunno if C9 losing a tournament meant they were immediately the underdogs in this situation, so I guess in that regard it's Lethul leaving EG parallels on the Renegade side of things. It's just a much weirder move for SEN because they just won. In the end it's very hard to say how much of a team is left after you change it, that's why I find it strange to trade so much history for an unknown when what you were doing just worked.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If SEN drops lethul for renegade I will lose a lot of respect for SEN. Something about ren always puts off a vibe off arrogant asshole. This was the same dude who said he wouldn't scrim SEN unless money was involved. Maybe it's the clips channels but Pros in infinite just seem like nobody really likes anyone and shit is just becoming more petty and behind the back interactions.

Overall I hope the news isn't true but maybe there's some context behind the scenes that hasn't come to light yet.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Lethul might find his way onto Optic, maybe in place of APG.
I hope not. Lethul hasn't been performing, and it shows. Granted, if he's getting the boot, it might change the way he plays.

I don't even know who I would kick from Optic if Lethul or Spartan were an option. Formal is super popular, I don't see them dropping him anytime soon because they've become noticably better since he joined. aPG has been extremely clutch in some games, and Trippy is just a super consistent player.
If SEN drops lethul for renegade I will lose a lot of respect for SEN. Something about ren always puts off a vibe off arrogant asshole. This was the same dude who said he wouldn't scrim SEN unless money was involved. Maybe it's the clips channels but Pros in infinite just seem like nobody really likes anyone and shit is just becoming more petty and behind the back interactions.

Overall I hope the news isn't true but maybe there's some context behind the scenes that hasn't come to light yet.
Yeah same here. It's probably true though, where there's smoke there's fire.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Real question is why C9 chose Bound over Spartan. The only explanation which makes sense is Spartan simply isn't available. Not only is Spartan better, he actually has a decent personality and could be a big streamer. I mean he rages out sometimes, but he's got strong opinions and it makes for entertainment. Bound on the other hand is massively cringe.
I haven't been following the scene closely but Spartan is the most cringe pro by far in terms of behavior. What has Bound done that I've missed?

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Spartan sounds like a nightmare to have on your team. The clips I saw of him he was often times borderline unmanageable from a personal side. I remember a clip where Ryan had an extremely valid and strong point about complaining and being more communicative as a team and Spartan his only response was 'But... but... the game sucks!!! Idiot!'

Bound is just cringe (just like pretty much every other player out there) but that's about it.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

200w.gif

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Optic sent C9 (w/ Bound) to losers tonight in winners finals 3-1, then swept them in the grand finals 3 - 0.

:)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Optic is scrimming Sen right now and lethul still there, so did all those rumors fall through or something?

Been out of the loop recently.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Optic is scrimming Sen right now and lethul still there, so did all those rumors fall through or something?

Been out of the loop recently.
The word is that C9 won't outright release Renegade from his contract without compensation and Sen hasn't been able to negotiate a buyout yet. C9 is still going forward with Bound, though, it seems.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The word is that C9 won't outright release Renegade from his contract without compensation and Sen hasn't been able to negotiate a buyout yet. C9 is still going forward with Bound, though, it seems.

Damn, so it's still a possibility but currently on hold due to legal issues? Must be super awkward for lethul to scrim with Sen if this is the case.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
Lethul is a professional and abides by his contract, despite his theatricals at times. He most likely HAS to play and isn't one to bench himself like others.

I'm definitely of the mind that Lethul was on his way out but no team wanted to buy him out, on the other hand SEN probably doesn't see it as worth it to pick up Renegade depending on what his buy out is but were definitely extremely interested in picking him up.