• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really? It says this over on my end:

untitledoljeq.png
MCC is the launcher. Everybody needs it.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I always play Halo 1 on easy, haha.
Highest I got was Heroic until I got my shit handed to me in Truth and Reconciliation.

Never got into higher difficulty Halo until Halo 3.

I will report back if it starts to kick my ass. Reach didn't take me too much longer. Only got stuck in the fucking spaceship mission.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
They shouldn't be releasing additional titles until the issues in the first game are fixed.
So you want the graphical people, the engine people, and the gameplay people to just sit around and do nothing while the audio people fix the audio for one game? thats a complete waste of time

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So you want the graphical people, the engine people, and the gameplay people to just sit around and do nothing while the audio people fix the audio for one game? thats a complete waste of time

I want to be able to play the games in order of release on PC without issues the day they are released. Don't release titles until they are ready.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially unrelated, I have no idea how to report players; I had a guy on my team going on a betrayal frenzy, and in the post-game report, I couldn't figure out how to flag his account for being an asshole. Ah well.

If you get the Microsoft Store app "Xbox Console Companion", you can change the Friends List view to "Recent Players" to find players, open their profile, and report them. Don't think there is a way to do it in-game on PC.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get confirmation that the audio is ok in the CAMPAIGN in this? Too many people thought the audio was fine in Reach but neglected to say they didn't try the campaign.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
After playing Halo Reach vanilla vs modded Halo Reach Evolved campaign (both in coop and legendary) I honestly rather wait until the'res also a mod to change the many flaws of the game. It was tons more fun playing Reach Evolved than the vanilla version.
Check out Ruby's Rebalanced Halo Campaigns, the Reach version is already out on nexusmods. Ruby himself has long done the Halo 1 and 2 rebalances but they need to be ported to MCC.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
This is a from-scratch PC port right? Not based on the Gearbox version?
I do believe it's the Gearbox version with heavy modifications. IIRC they used the Gearbox version cause it was the only one with network / online connectivity. As a result its not a 1:1 port of the better looking OG Xbox version.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
They have been trying to work in the Halo 1 Xbox version stuff back into the game. I think the game would technically be a halfway point between the original Xbox version and the original Gearbox PC version.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
They have been trying to work in the Halo 1 Xbox version stuff back into the game. I think the game would technically be a halfway point between the original Xbox version and the original Gearbox PC version.
What are some of the main differences between the Xbox and Gearbox version? I only played the old PC version briefly and then Anniversary when it came out originally.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
What are some of the main differences between the Xbox and Gearbox version? I only played the old PC version briefly and then Anniversary when it came out originally.
Some of the graphical effects from the original Xbox aren't there or aren't done correctly. Some people have theorized that Gearbox was working off of an older build of the game.

Jan 29, 2018
Uh, how do I get it to download the update? I still see the Halo CE campaign greyed out in MCC. Gamepass version if it matters.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Man, CE: Anniversary's updated graphics look a lot uglier than I remember. The audio is at least much better than Reach's, even if I have noticed occasional stuttering/looping of BGM at certain parts of levels. Possibly when it gets confused with event triggers, tough to tell.

Also the performance seems quite bad for a game that looks this dated. Not unplayably bad, just slightly choppy.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm finally playing Halo campaign for the first time this week!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Played up to Assault on the Control Room
  • Audio in CEA overall is fine, during the first flight build I did hear muted sounds but that's gone now
  • Had unlimited frame rate on, plus vsync off and no screen tearing like in Reach (haven't checked if Reach is also fixed in this regard).
  • Zoom bug from flight is fixed. No noticeable input delay.
  • There is an audio bug with the plasma pistol, if you fire without charging it makes the charging sound after a certain amount of shots.
  • Pelicans in cutscenes stutter when flying, haven't noticed stuttering on anything else.
Overall it seems fine except for those last two issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
It's a port of the X1 MCC version, which is an enhanced port of the 360 CEA version, which is an enhanced version of the Gearbox CE PC port. IIRC, along the way they've fixed a couple of the Gearbox quirks, but 343i has talked multiple times about bringing the MCC versions to OG Xbox parity down the line.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the first couple levels and everything seems fine. My wait for all of the games to be released so I can binge them in co-op continues.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait for a digital foundry video. Anniversary was inaccurate, and that was on top of the gearbox version which also was inaccurate, I've no clue how MCC handled it or is handling it on PC.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
While cutscenes don't feel as smooth as the gameplay so far, 144Hz G-sync feels pretty darn great so far in this game with m+kb.

The graphics kinda make me wish that the game would get remastered again for XsX with ~50x more power than the hardware this game was originally made for.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait for a digital foundry video. Anniversary was inaccurate, and that was on top of the gearbox version which also was inaccurate, I've no clue how MCC handled it or is handling it on PC.
As far as I'm aware it has inherited most of the issues picked up along the way

It's definitely the gearbox version with all the graphical issues that come with it

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
So am I the only one who's getting some pretty hideous shadows in the first mission? Lots of dithering and banding. I'm on the enhanced graphics setting and anniversary graphics.

OpV3Hma.png

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So am I the only one who's getting some pretty hideous shadows in the first mission? Lots of dithering and banding. I'm on the enhanced graphics setting and anniversary graphics.

OpV3Hma.png
Edit: Actually going back I did notice those shadows on my game as well and it shouldn't look like that.

Last edited:

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get it? Just launched MCC and no prompt to download or anything. Doesn't seem to be an "update" thing in the Xbox app.

Nov 14, 2017
The idea that "devs" are some fungible resource and not groups of people with different skills, working in different teams, on different timeframes is one of the more common misconceptions gamers have.

OpV3Hma.png
That also looks sharpened? Have you got anything like Reshade, Geforce Freestyle filters etc running?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so... Is it just me or does Halo CEA look a lot worse? Like yeah, I know, it's a 360 game, but when I tried it out on MCC on XBO I did not think it looked bad at all. Straight up incredibly low textures on the Autumn in the first cutscene and the text of the ship was floating well away from the ship itself. There was also some weird pop-in and clipping in the cutscene too.