• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
(As this is a new movie, please remember to tag spoilers since not everyone will get the chance to watch the movie straight away).

220px-Halloween_%282018%29_poster.jpg

Directed by David Gordon Green
Produced by Malek Akkad, Jason Blum & Bill Block
Written by Jeff Fradley, Danny McBride & David Gordon Green
Music by John Carpenter
Release date: October 19, 2018 (United States)
Running time: 105 minutes

Synopsis
40 years after murdering several teenagers, Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield for another showdown with the survivor of that night, Laurie Strode.

Protagonist
halloween-2.jpg

Played by Jamie Lee Curtis, Strode has been traumatized by the events of 1978. Since then, she has been preparing herself for the day Myers returns to get her revenge on him. Now, that time has come.

Antagonist
AA68_TP_00019.0.jpg

Played by James Jude Courtney. Much like the original, Michael Myers is a human-shaped manifestation of evil itself. Unlike certain other Halloween movies, Michael Myers is not related to Laurie Strode trying to kill his family off or acting under some curse.

Why should I watch this?
After the sequels and reboots lost their way with the series, original director John Carpenter has returned for a fresh start. This film ignores all the other sequels and is a direct sequel to the original, so you don't have to watch the other Halloweens in order to watch this. Currently, it has over 85% on RottenTomatoes, which is insanely impressive for a type of film. Can't go wrong with this one, as everyone is entitled for one good scare.

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing it Friday night with the GF and Saturday with the sister.

Beyond excited.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a streaming service that will let me watch the original film?

Searching Google for "Halloween streaming" isn't very helpful, as you might imagine.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Mike you should add something about tagging spoilers for at least the first 2 weeks

Dec 18, 2017
Great opening and title sequence, mostly decent middle, fun ending.

I just wish they had gone a bit further with the
Home Alone
stuff.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great opening and title sequence, mostly decent middle, fun ending.

I just wish they had gone a bit further with the
Home Alone
stuff.
I disagree. What they did is actually much better than that.

They turned the entire thing around. Now the stalker is the stalkee, and they totally redo bits with the roles inversed and to me that meant a lot more, than shenanigans. You know?

Dec 18, 2017
I disagree. What they did is actually much better than that.

They turned the entire thing around. Now the stalker is the stalkee, and they totally redo bits with the roles inversed and to me that meant a lot more, than shenanigans. You know?

I get that, I just wanted a bit more.

Although, there is one thing I would have liked less of. This movie must set a record for number of times the same
secret entrance is shown opening and closing.
I probably would have started laughing if it happened any more.

less

Oct 25, 2017
85%? Was expecting closer to the mid-60s but I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised. I'll be checking this out come Friday night.

Nov 5, 2017
Is there a streaming service that will let me watch the original film?

Searching Google for "Halloween streaming" isn't very helpful, as you might imagine.

I watched it for the first time the other night on Shudder; should still be up there.

I'm very excited to see this, despite having only really seen 6 and Rob Zombie's (godawful) 2007 remake prior to watching the original last Friday. Might be seeing it Thursday and Friday night, depending on how schedules line up.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched the original two movies this past weekend. Got myself even more pumped for this one. Cannot wait!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder why H2 got retconned, would have made sense but I guess that added the Laurie is Micheal's sister thing and it just never clicked so they said fuck it?