Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I'm not denying we have those people or that we're not producing any. But I firmly believe we'd have less of them without an easy avenue to fame and wealth right next door by exploiting it.
Uh...there are literal armed mobs of white people burning down indigenous fishing facilities in your country right now. That's not because of the US

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not talking white supremacists or racists. I'm talking Q-Anon shit, like the thread is about. Yes Canada has racists, we always have. Not at all what I'm saying.
Ok but thats a conspiracy theory that originated online and has spread all over the globe. The physical proximity of Canada to the US is kind of irrelevant to this.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok but thats a conspiracy theory that originated online and has spread all over the globe. The physical proximity of Canada to the US is kind of irrelevant to this.
Not at all irrelevant. We'd be a lot more removed from American culture if we weren't right here, sharing everything — prior to the border closing of course. People able to travel back and forth, going to events and bringing ideas or people home with them. We watch all the same sports, speak the same language, listen to the same artists etc. If you're saying countries that don't share a border are as likely to bleed into each other culturally as those that do, the longest undefended border in the world mind you, then I believe you're mistaken.

I'm not saying we'd magically be 100% free of all this bullshit, due to the internet obviously, but there would definitely be less cross-pollination of certain crazy-ass ideas and a lot easier to shut down. Again, in my opinion.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not at all irrelevant. We'd be a lot more removed from American culture if we weren't right here, sharing everything — prior to the border closing of course. People able to travel back and forth, going to events and bringing ideas or people home with them. We watch all the same sports, speak the same language, listen to the same artists etc. If you're saying countries that don't share a border are as likely to bleed into each other culturally as those that do, the longest undefended border in the world mind you, then I believe you're mistaken.

I'm not saying we'd magically be 100% free of all this bullshit, due to the internet obviously, but there would definitely be less cross-pollination of certain crazy-ass ideas and a lot easier to shut down. Again, in my opinion.
I think that's much, much less of a factor for online conspiracies like Q than the fact that this stuff is all over the English speaking parts of the internet and that's going to obviously bleed out into any primarily English speaking nations like Canada, the UK, Australia, etc. Especially when the same right wing media conglomerates have significant presence in said countries